Hood Love (Corey Miller Imagine)

⚜️New Orleans, 1998⚜️

It was a sunny afternoon and I was in my room, getting dressed after taking a hot shower while my radio was bumping Corey aka C-Murder's new album. Corey and I met at his older brother Percy's (aka Master P) album release party for "Ghetto D" back in '97 and we started talking at first and then we began dating for a little while. He may be a hood nigga but he was a gentleman to me. He always buying me gifts and flowers and he even introduced me to some of his friends and family including his two brothers: Percy and Vyshonn aka Silkk The Shocker. As the music continues to play, I heard some knocking and I turned off my radio to see who was at the door. 

"April! April! Open the door, girl! It's me!" Corey yelled outside as he was banging on the door.

I quickly put on a robe and headed to the door and as I opened it, he was standing there with that look on his face.

"Corey, I didn't expect you to come here." I told him.

"What, I can't come here to visit you?" he asked me.

"Whatever, just come in." I laughed a little bit.

"So, uh, whatcha been doing?" he asked me as he stepped inside.

"Nothin'. I was just listening to some music."

"You've been bumping my shit lately?"

"Hell yeah, I did." 

"Is your sister home?"

"Naw, she's at work. She won't be home until like I don't know, maybe seven o'clock."

"Oh, okay, so it was you and me, huh?"

"Mm-hmm." I smirked.

"Wanna ride with me 'til your sister gets back?"

"Sure. Let me put on something real quick."

I put on a black t-shirt and some sweatpants, grabbed my house keys, and walked with him out the door. We hopped inside his car and we drove around the neighborhood for a little bit. We were about to head to his brother's studio to see some of his friends. As we entered there, the hallway was decorated with gold and platinum plaques and finally, we went to this meeting room, just to see Percy, Silkk, Fiend, Mia X, Big Boz, Mac, Kane and Abel, and Mystikal having a little meeting.

"Yo, C, man, where have you been? The meeting had started five minutes ago." Percy said.

"Damn, P, I just picked up my girl from her house. Give me a break, will ya?" Corey said, annoyed.

"Alright, but you and that girl better not do something stupid around here plus you're late." he asked him.

"Whatever. Y'all, this here is my ole lady, April. April, these are my family."

"It's very nice to meet all of y'all." I smiled at them.

I started talking with them for a little bit until the door swung open and there was this tall, caramel-skinned, muscular man walked quietly with a serious expression on his face. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt with the words "No Limit" on it, showing off his shoulders with tattoos on them and a black baseball hat on his head. Then, I realized that was Big Ed. Ed and I met when he moved to New Orleans from his birthplace which was Richmond, California. I always thought he was an asshole but he seems like a cool dude unless someone pushes his buttons and he would go off.