Streets (Aldis Hodge Imagine)

Trevante Rhodes aka Black

Aldis Hodge as Jermaine Davis

KeyeraJackson

It was 8:00 pm and I was asleep on the bed until I heard something that woke me up. I open my eyes to see Black sitting at the table, counting money in his hands. He was wearing a black, silky durag and a white wife-beater while having a blunt in his mouth. I got up to stretch my arms and as I was ready to take a shower, Black grabbed a rubber band to wrap it around the money that he was still holding.

"Khadijah?" he asked me.

"What?"

"Do me a favor. I need you to take this money with you and put it in a safe. And don't let anybody tries to steal it. Got it?"

"Got it." I replied.

I stepped out of the bedroom to put away the money and as I was walking down the hallway, I could hear the music blasting from the living room and other people was in there, selling drugs as well. The dogs started barking for no reason and I could smell the marijuana that was lingering in the air. I walked past the kitchen and I stepped back to see a woman snorting lines of cocaine and she has bruises on her arms and shoulders and I see another woman getting smacked by a tall, husky man. I walked away in fear after seeing that mess. This reminds me of that one time when Black and I were arguing over money problems and he ended putting his hands on me. He pushed me against the wall and one side of my body was hurting very bad. I curled on the floor and cried and he was trying to comfort me but I got up and ran into my bedroom to hide. Hours later, he knocked on the door and I unlocked it to open and he wanted to apologize for what he did to me.

I went to the closet inside the guest room and I unlocked the safe with a key that Black had given me before and I put the money inside and once I'm done, I locked it and stepped out of the room. I was about to head outside until I heard something from outside. I peeked through the blinds to see three police cars pulling up. 'Shit!' I thought to myself. I quickly closed the blinds and warned everyone that the cops were there. The gang gathered as much stuff as they can and the officers bust through the door