Seems Like You're Ready (Brett Gray Imagine)

Brett Gray as Isaiah

Ryan Destiny as Michelle 

Today was the first day of my freshman year at the illustrious Howard University and I was about to move into this dormitory that I was going to share with my two best friends who are going to be my roommates: Janice and Ivy. I grabbed my belongings from my truck that my parents gave me as a graduation gift for when I finished high school last year.

My parents and my sister, Jonelle, who was four years older than me, helped me unload the truck and took my stuff just to carry them to the dorm. We spend the next two hours setting my room up and after that, my mom hugged and she was crying because she couldn't believe that I'm a college student now. My dad wasn't ready either but I knew that both my parents and sister were very proud of me.

"You're all set?" Jonelle asked me.

"I guess." I sighed.

"You seem nervous. Is everything alright?"

"I'm fine, sis."

"You don't sound like it." she said with her eyebrow raised.

After my family left and drove off, I stepped outside to get some fresh air and a boy stepped out of his Honda and he literally caught my attention. He was about tall, brown-skinned, slim and he looks like he smells good. He was unloading his car to get his things and he spotted me looking at him.

"I noticed that you were staring at me." he said.

"Well, that's because you caught my attention." I smiled

"I'm Isaiah by the way."

"Michelle."

"Pretty name. Are you new here?"

"Yes, I'm a freshman. What about you?"

"Sophomore."

"Oh, so you're here before me."

"Yeah, it's my second year here at Howard. It's pretty nice. You should enjoy it."

"I hope I will."

"So, uh, what's your major?" he asked me.

"Pre-nursing with a minor in health administration. What are you majoring in?"

"Business administration." he told me.

"Nice."

"So, uh, do you having any plans after this?"

"I was thinking about grabbing some food with my friends before heading for class."

"Oh, okay, cool. Listen, um, my friends and I are going to have a little back-to-school party at their place next Saturday and I was wondering if you would like to come with me."