Take Me Back (Trevante Rhodes Imagine)

KeyeraJackson  💖

KeyeraJackson 💖

Tonight, I invited Trevante to have dinner with me because he asked me if it was alright to spend more time with me and I said 'yes' to him. I checked the food to see if they were ready to eat and I checked my hair and makeup to make sure that they looked straight for our date. The doorbell rang and I walked towards the door and I opened it to see him wearing his grey shirt and blue jeans plus he was a duffel bag in his hand and I was curious about why did he bring it with him. Was he trying to spend the night with me?

"Good evening, Tre." I smiled.

"Good evening, suga."

"I'm surprised that you came."

"I have the champagne and the roses that you'd like."

"Thank you, Tre."

"Do you want me to set everything up for tonight?"

"Yes, please do."

He walked in and took his shoes off and as we went to the kitchen to get ready for dinner. He helped me set the table by placing plates, utensils, and glasses while I grabbed the pot and pans from the oven and stove and I turned both of them off. I cooked some meatloaf with scalloped potatoes and grilled asparagus earlier today and I hope that he'd like it.

I turned on some R&B music, poured the crisp champagne into our glasses and I grabbed the lighter to lit the candles. After that, I started to serve for both of us. I made his plate first before I made mine afterward.

"Anything else I can help you with?"

"Yes, you could take the salad out of the refrigerator for me."

He grabbed a bowl of salad and put it on the table. Then, he would grab the glasses and set them on the table as well.

"Smells delicious in here." he said as he was trying to look over my shoulder.

I blocked his view as he chuckled a little. I walked away from the stove and towards the table. I set the plates down and before I could sit down, he pulled my seat back for me and I immediately sat down.

"Thank you." I smiled as he sat down too.

"You're welcome. Now, let's say grace." he said as we held hands and bowed our heads.

"Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us this opportunity to be joined together and to enjoy this good meal that I prepared. We asked that You have blessed that hands that have made this meal. In Jesus' name, we pray, amen."

"Amen." he said as we began to eat, "A toast for our date."

"A toast."

We clinked our glasses and began eating our meals. As the music continues playing, we sat and didn't say anything to each other while we were still eating. Then, we began to start our conversation.