Epic 56

I needed to put some precautions in place before I went on my trip, make sure that the people I cared about were protected while I was away; the first two people on my list were my parents. Telling my dad what was going on would be easy, I've always been open with him about these type of things because he understood the life I lived... getting him to leave would be the tricky part because he was prideful as fuck and I knew he'd rather go out protecting his home than to run. I pulled up to the house and looked around discreetly, since the conversation I had with Renee I've had people watching my parent's house and I still didn't feel completely at ease because I knew what type of woman I was working with when it came to Renee Preece. I walked up the driveway and my mom opened the door before I even reached it, the past few weeks her mood has changed entirely and I knew it had everything to do with Jordan. My mom loved being a grandma and she spoiled the hell out of my daughter; she was more excited than I was when we found out we were having a girl because my mom was constantly surrounded by men so having another grandchild albeit a boy she had regained some of her light.

"AUNTIE THIS POT!!!!" Jizzle yelled from inside the house and my jaw clenched because I was supposed to be informed of everyone who approached my parent's house which meant they weren't doing their job already. I kissed my mom on the cheek as Jizzle walked out with a big ass pot of chili.

"WAIT YOU MADE THIS NIGGA SOME CHILLI!!!! I'VE BEEN ASKING YOU SINCE THE WEATHER STARTED GETTING COLD AND HE GOT THAT BIG ASS POT!!!" I said getting heated, Jizzle winked as he walked past me and down to his car placing the chili on the floor in the front seat.

"I didn't make it for him... I made it for LaChae, I like that girl and I think she's a perfect match for Joel..... I made another pot, you can have ONE bowl. Your dad is down in his den, I'm sure you're here to see him." She said walking back into the house, I followed her inside and instantly smelled the cornbread as well. "Don't touch that cornbread." She said heading towards the stairs, I walked into the kitchen and searched around for the biggest bowl in the house. Once I had my bowl (I didn't get to the cornbread because Jizzle grabbed the whole cast iron skillet and left) but made my bowl and walked downstairs.

"That shyt last night..... it was sloppy and there were kids there Epic." My dad said heatedly. "You being a parent who has lost a child, I thought you would try to keep this shyt between the adults." He said and I really didn't like being blamed for that shyt last night.

"That wasn't me.... well my guys didn't start it, you remember Renee?" I asked and my dad jumped up, damn near scaring me. "You alright?" I asked looking at him like he was crazy.

"THE CRAZY KILLER KUNG-FU WOLF BITCH!!!!! SHE'S BACK!??!?!?!" He asked and I nodded. "I'm going to pray for you..... that bitch has always been crazy and I told you she wanted nothing more than to be bumping pussies with Eileen and you're stupid as fuck if you didn't set up a threesome with them....." He said and I really wished he wasn't so damn blunt. "So she's the one causing all the trouble on the southside." He said.

"Yeah.... which is why I think you and mom should go visit uncle Alex in Cali for a few weeks. I know you're not a bitch and you're not about running but she's already threatened to....." I didn't get to finish because my dad raised his hand silencing me.

"There's no shame in going to visit my brother, that's one crazy bitch and I'm not taking no chances with her.... I'll let Alex know what's going on and set something up." My dad said shaking his head, damn that was easier than I thought. "You gotta finish this quickly though and don't tell your mom....." He said and I nodded. "Funny.... our old mistakes y'all are now dealing with them. I guess the old saying is true. 'The sins of the father are visited on the son'." My dad said quietly.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking at him.

"When we were coming up.... me, Alex, and Tyler.... Tyson's daddy ran this city, when Alex left I should've taken over..... Tyler was out of the game and trying to go legit and I was raising y'all it left a power vacuum which our old flunky Lance Lawson took over.... he was always a bitch ass nigga but he idolized Alex, tried to be him, and his sons were molded in his image.... I should've seen Lance for the snake he was and maybe none of this would be happening." My dad said and I really didn't see the connection because I ended that family line myself.