Frenchie 8

Sitting on this beach, watching the sun fade into the horizon, the burnt orange of the setting sun bleeding into another star filled night in paradise... it kinda reminded me of New Orleans; the place of my birth. God, I missed that place but I would never go back because unless my heart came with me; my heart being Micah 'Murda' Montgomery; I turned to him as he struggled to build a bonfire and tried not to laugh because when that nigga got pissed, to me it was the funniest shyt in the world. Our relationship was complicated, to say the least, the day I moved to Columbus from New Orleans me and Murda got into a fight; if you were to ask him he'd tell you it was my fault since I was sitting behind him and cut one of his dreads off, but in my defense, he kept swinging that shyt and it was getting in my face... plus I asked him to stop at least twenty times but we were kids and shyt changed from there. Around fifteen is when I started feeling something for him, he'd always pop up at my place and he never wore drawers one day I saw the shape of his ass and the print of his dick and well........ let's just say a nigga got curious. Everyone knew Murda was gay, he didn't hide it and he'd beat anyone's ass who had a problem with it, I trusted that nigga with my life so when I asked if we could experiment a little he was more than happy to obliterate any chances of me ever wanting to mess with females again.... except on one occasion.

"Mike, just give it up bruh, let's just go to that little market down the road and get some shyt, I can cook you an authentic cajun meal because at this point it's just getting pathetic." I said as he continued trying to get the fire started.

"You go, I'll have this shyt started before you get back." He said not even bothering to look at me, one of the things I loved and hated about him was that once he decided to do something there was no stopping him. I shrugged and walked back inside the villa and grabbed the keys, as I headed out to the car I thought about our flight out here; having to sit on opposite sides of the plane, having to take two different cars to the villa and even then I felt like I had to sneak in. I hated that we were on opposite sides of a war that honestly didn't have shyt to do with us but that's just how it be sometimes and a badly as I wanted to end it, Epic wasn't trying to make peace and I owed that nigga my life.

"Damn nigga, you still ain't got that shyt lit?" I asked walking back outside where Murda was still struggling, his brows knitted together in deep concentration. "Aight man I'm about to start cooking." I said walking back inside and looking around the nicely decorated house I couldn't help but smile.... this for me was the peace I wanted, somewhere far away with my dude and no drama to have to worry about. I made something quick, shrimp, black beans, rice, lime and cilantro before heading outside where he finally had a fire going.

"Don't ever doubt me." He said as I walked over to him and handed him a bowl. "So wassup? Have you given any thought to what I asked when we first got here? I know Legend misses hanging out with you and Jizzle needs his fellow Steelers fan because we've been giving that nigga hell, them niggas would welcome you back with open arms because you were always part of our group." Murda said and I can't lie, it crossed my mind from time to time but like I said I owed Epic and to me loyalty was everything.

"I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I don't miss y'all niggas too.... but I can't just turn on Epic." I said looking at him as he devoured his food.

"You never told me what exactly that nigga did to have you so damn loyal to him. We were your boys, the niggas you used to rip and run the streets with, the niggas you fought beside, the niggas who always had your back and yet one day you were just Team Epic." Murda said.

"Mike, you know how it is... I grew up around Epic, hell I was over their house almost as much as I was over yours and when that shyt went down and I was bleeding out getting ready to die it was Epic that saved me." I said avoiding key details, which I could tell infuriated Murda. "Man aight, so there was this girl who lived on the south side... she was interested in me and I still wasn't sure about us, one night I slid over there and turns out it was a setup up, her bros tried to rob me as I got out my car and they jumped me." I said quietly and I could still picture that night perfectly. "They whooped my ass.... it was at least ten of them, her brothers and their boys. One of them pistol whipped me and even then he didn't stop as I laid on the ground, I really thought I was going to die.... next thing I knew a shot rang out and dudes' brains were on my shirt, his body was on the ground next to mine."