Cody 9

Why is it that you never hear about someone until you start talking to them? I've lived in Columbus my entire life, only leaving the city twice in twenty-two years and I can that I've never heard the name Legend Hayes as much as I've had in the last week or so. Maybe I've heard about him in passing but I never really paid it any attention up until now, I'm usually in my own lane, I stay away from the drama and the gossip but if what I'm hearing about him is true then I was going to really have to reconsider our date later on tonight because..... Who the fuck am I kidding? I knew there was no way in hell I wasn't going on this date, I haven't been on a date in over two years and as LaChae keeps reminding me 'I need to get out' but Legend has told me he was an honest dude and I planned on putting that to the test tonight. I was going to be cutting it close, I had been forced to come in and work today and I didn't get off until six, while our date was at seven which meant I had next to no time to get ready. As I placed items on the shelves minding my own business, that smell hit me... that woody amber mixed with hints of brandy, tonka bean, and expensive soap; there was only one person I've ever met who wore The Tragedy of Lord George and I have been doing extremely well to avoid him but now.....

"I thought that was you, Cody, how have you been?" Osian said eyeing me lustfully, God why the fuck did this man have to be so damn fine? And I'm not talking about his looks, it was the confidence in which he exuded it was very much so 'I'm that nigga' and hated that it still had the ability to make me feel giddy.

"Umm.... fine, how's your wife doing? I heard you got married recently." I said mainly for my own sake, him being married was the line I wouldn't cross and it brought me back to why I stopped fuckin with him in the first place.

"We got it annulled three days after we got back from our honeymoon... she felt like we rushed it and even though we've been together since high school she still feels like she doesn't know me." Osian said running his tongue across his lips. "But she's somewhere around here, if I would've known that she'd be in here over two hours I would've stayed home, although now I'm glad I came."

"Well, that's.... unfortunate." I said wanting this conversation to end.

"I guess she's right in a sense.... I mean three things that I've been struggling with the last few months which most likely led to that decision; 1) I never forgot my real first love, 2) she wasn't my first love, and 3) I feel like the pressures of high school made me want to hide who I really am.... and lately those feelings I've tried so hard to suppress have been coming back more frequently lately and I think I just need to be honest with myself and......" Osian said but a shrill voice cut off his sentence before he could finish.

"IS THAT CODY!!!!!" Osian's wife.... girlfriend.... roommate? Fuck if I know, but she came down the aisle like a hurricane, pushed a baby girl into Osian's arms and pulled me into a tight hug. "BEST FRIEND WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!?" She yelled into my ear, God, I forgot how loud she was.

"I've been around, mainly focusing on school and this wack ass job." I said trying to keep my tone polite, I mean it wasn't her fault Osian left me for her and if what he was saying was true then she still had no idea that Osian was bisexual.

"You and Chae need to come see the house and I'm not taking no for an answer Cody." She said grabbing a pen out her purse and forcing me to write down my number. After agreeing to have dinner with them they left and as the turned out the aisle Osian gave me one last mournful/lustful look. You may be wondering how it was that I was able to avoid them for the last four years, it's simple I kept all my old social media pages but made others ones that they didn't know about, that way I can use the excuse that I'm never on there.... bitch move I know but it was and still is difficult to see my ex with my best friend.

It was about 5:50 and I was about to clock out, I don't really care about those ten minutes if everything worked out I wouldn't be here in a few months. As I was walking back to the staff room a muscular man blocked my path..... another thing that annoyed me why is it that when you start talking to someone all these niggas start coming out of the woodwork? Like where the fuck were you when I was single as fuck and the only thing I had keeping me company was my replica of Safaree's dick? Although Anthony had been trying to get at me for months, I made it a point to avoid relationships with my coworkers, even though technically.