Icon 76

There are three things that would wake me up from the deepest of slumbers; sex - which should go without saying, Jordan because whenever he was around I was on high alert even in my sleep, and bacon.... I don't care where I was if I smelled someone cooking bacon, I would sit up and find that shyt. That was my guilty pleasure, I fuckin loved bacon, so when I went down to the kitchen and found Sincere and Jordan whippin up a whole ass meal; bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, thick ass pancakes, and freshly squeezed orange juice, I already knew I was going to be exhausted at work but I was going to eat everything put in front of me. I stood in the doorway just watching the two of them, whenever we were at the other place Jordan was quiet, usually clinging to my leg or in his room watching cartoons but here... nah, whenever he was around Sincere his personality jumped out. He was telling Sincere all about his toys and Sincere stood there listening intently and engaging him which caused Jordan to just keep talking, he probably said more in the twenty minutes that I watched them than he's said in all the times he was at the other house combined... maybe that's stretching things but you get the point.

"My Uncle Tay...he he he he let me shoot." Jordan said and that shyt kinda took me by surprise because that was news to me. "And I was cryin and he yelled at me and I was scared." Jordan said and I could see Sincere's jaw tighten. "I don't wanna go back over there...." Jordan said quietly, I cleared my throat because the more I listened, the more pissed I became and I was trying to have a good day. "DADDY!!!" Jordan said jumping off the counter and running over to me.

"Did you take your medicine?" I asked checking his freshly wrapped bandages, his arm was healing up and the way he acted (around Sincere) you would've never known what happened to him, but I knew and I was still no closer to finding answers.

"Yeah, I gave it to him no problem, though he hates taking that shyt." Sincere said bringing three plates over to the table, he sat next to me and tried to kiss me but I pulled away, not because I didn't want to kiss him but because I didn't want to do it in front of Jordan. It was bad enough that we were over here in the first place but I didn't want to run the risk of Jordan saying something to Qwantay.

"You need me to keep him again today?" Sincere asked and I could tell he was feeling some type of way about me not letting him kiss me, I nodded and Sincere smiled. "Aight well.... just so you know, I'm going to be going over Legend's a little later which means he'll be coming with me.... are you good with that?" Sincere asked and I felt a lump grow in my throat.

"I uhh..... yeah..... just watch him..... I don't think Legend would do anything to him but.... baby steps." I mumbled quietly.

"Don't be like that Icon, Jordan could be just the person to bring you and Legend back together... I seen how he instantly was drawn to Legend that day at your parent's house. I told you, kids be knowing who's real and who ain't." Sincere said smiling as my eyes narrowed.

"So you were watching from the window?" I asked keeping my face completely blank and Sincere nodded and I could see a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "Niggas ain't got no shame, but we can discuss this a little later, right now I wanna see how good this meal that was prepared by the jailhouse cook is." I said and Sincere started laughing, then Jordan started laughing like he understood what was going on and I couldn't explain it but I couldn't stop smiling.

We finished breakfast and I was up in our bedroom getting ready for work, I had a lot of shyt I needed to do today, I was leaving work early to pick up my suit for this New Years Party that was coming up in a couple of days and also needed to meet up with Renee to discuss business. I was about to get in the shower when my phone started ringing, at first I thought it was Qwantay and I had every intention of letting it ring until I saw that it was Qwaneisha.