Frenchie 23

When I got home it was business as usual, I didn't even have a chance to unpack before Midnight and Kooda were banging on my door and barging into my apartment and despite my protest, they were dragging me out the house to go out tonight... Real shyt I just wanted to sit in the house and think; I could still smell Micah's cologne, I could still feel his dreads laying against my shoulder, I could still see the smile on his face as I stood in the kitchen cooking for him. But those memories were fading, the ones that lingered were the taste of his tongue, the taste of his ass, the sweet taste of his nut hitting the back of my throat. The sound of his voice moaning how much he loved me and the whispers... the whispers of a dream of a life outside of this war between The Hayes Brothers. But that was all it was... a dream, I lived in reality and I knew there was no way in hell Legend would welcome me back with open arms after everything that happened and there was no way in hell that Epic would tolerate me fraternizing with the enemy. Micah was right though, this wasn't our fight and I was going to tell Epic that I wasn't going to be involved in the murder of his brothers if he wanted my help taking over the city I'd be right by his side but I refused to get involved in this family drama.

"Man look, I literally just got home... I'm not trying to go out because most of the time it ends in drama." I said looking directly at Kooda, he was a hothead for sure but nine times outta ten he started shyt just for the fun of it... like the time he beat the fuck outta this dude because he, he wanted to show the dudes girlfriend that the dude was a pussy or some bullshyt.

"Nigga I ain't seen you in about two weeks, so we're either chillin here and you can tell us about all the hoes you fucked in Spain or... we're going out." Kooda said and I was really about to show him my balcony and then push his ass over it.

"Doesn't matter... Epic knows you're back and he wants to see you, actually he wants all of us there for a meeting." Midnight said and I could tell these niggas to fuck off but I had too much love and respect for Epic to ignore him, so I got dressed and walked out with Kooda and Midnight to go see what was so important.

"How was your trip?" Epic said as I walked into the room, Yaseem was already seated and Midnight took his seat directly to Epic's right and leaving me the seat furthest away... that was fine with me because I was closest to the door.

"It was refreshing.... now back to business." I said and Epic smiled before walking back to the head of the table. "So what did I miss while I was away? Hopefully nothing important." I said looking around the table.

"Well you missed my uncle's funeral... may he continue to burn in hell. Icon and Qwantay haven't been seen for about two weeks as well, I know my mom is hurt that he wasn't there. Legend seems to be assembling the Avengers or some bullshyt... that dude Chris is a former Marine and I feel some type of way about him refusing my generous offer." Epic said and it sounded like it was some straight bullshyt that he could've put in a tweet. "But I talked to my dad and he brought up a good point... I've been so convinced that either Legend or Icon killed my wife and daughter that I haven't stopped to think that it could be someone else." Epic said looking around the room.

"Come on Epic, you know damn well that it was either one of them or hell maybe both.... Elisha and Eileen were too well hidden and you didn't trust any of us with that information who else could it have been?" Midnight said and Epic rubbed his beard, deep in thought.

"Can I say something?" I asked and everyone turned towards me. "Don't you think it's weird that it's those two niggas who keep pushing this theory that it was Legend and/or Icon?." I said looking at Midnight and Kooda. "I mean if they were really your boys they'd be trying to get you to reconcile with your brothers so together y'all could find out who was truly responsible." I said and it took Midnight a second to get what I was trying to say.