Legend 30

Epic seemed to be doing that thing he did, that thing that hasn't worked since I had baby teeth, that thing where he tried to use that natural energy that all big brothers had to intimidate you but I've dealt with worse than Epic and I wasn't the least bit scared. I really wanted to know what possessed him to show up at my house, I looked in his car and noticed Kooda the Cousin Fucker in the front seat staring at me; the way he was sitting let me know what he had in his lap and I smirked.... Me and Epic stopped at the halfway point between my house and his car, tactical position where if he needed to make a quick escape he could, despite our differences, I would never underestimate Epic. I watched as he took in the scene, taking in the terrain, the number of people that were in the house, my neighbors, and how far we were from my car. I was doing the same exact thing, noticing two cars parked at both ends of the street, I made it a point to memorize every single car that frequented this street and I had never seen either of them so I knew they were most likely here with Epic. I looked at my brother, I noticed the subtle motion he made, his shoulders were sore letting me know that he had just come from the gym.... if need be that could be a weakness I could exploit.

"Maybe I owe you an apology.... maybe I jumped the gun when I accused you and Icon of getting my wife and daughter killed, but in my defense, y'all were the only two people who knew and I just.... I couldn't think of anyone else." Epic said and I definitely wasn't expecting that.

"So basically this is your weak ass way of apologizing.... you know you could've brought over a couple of bottles, maybe some an 'I'm sorry plate of food' or even a check for all the emotional distress you've caused me over the last few years." I said looking into his eyes.

"Well, this is all you're getting so you better accept it and move on." Epic said smiling just enough to break the tension. "Nah for real Legend, I fucked up... accusing you and Icon were wrong and I apologize for even thinking y'all could do some shyt like that.... Frenchie was the one who got me to see the light."

"French has always been a good dude, he's always thought with his head and not his heart.... but if there's anything I can do to help you find the people responsible you know I'll be right here willing to help in any way I can." I said.

"Funny you should say that... you can help by signing over all your businesses to me, as well as all the properties you own.... I'll let you keep this house." Epic said and I stared at him for a full minute, that's how long it took me to realize he wasn't joking. "Legend, I'm trying to take over his city and you're in the way.... I really would hate for you to get involved in this war that's coming so I think it's best if you relinquish all properties to me.... for the time being of course."

"Nigga you must think I'm stupid. I'm not signing over shyt to you..... wow and here I was thinking you actually wanted to apologize when the truth of the matter is you just wanted to soften me up before you shook me down." I said shaking my head at the audacity of this nigga.

"Legend, I'm not telling you what I think, I'm telling you what I know.... you're a target in this war whether you want to be or not. I failed to protect my wife and daughter.... your sister in law and niece, I'm just trying to limit the chances of someone targeting you to get to me, so if all your business are in my name then the less likely it'll be that someone targets them." Epic said.

"Yeah you think I'm an idiot.... the way I see it, if I'm at war with someone the first thing I'm going to do is target their pockets, cut off all sources of income and force them to make a dumb move.... so maybe we're still at war with each other. Although I have no reason to beef with you, it's clear that you still have some anger towards me.... so I'll let you figure out what that is and in the meantime, I'm going to see my nigga.... have a nice night Epic." I said turning away from.