Darnell 66

People started arriving just as Rú and Saquon had pulled off, just so there wasn't any confusion they technically left the house right after Legend kicked Saquon out but they sat in front of the house fogging up the windows for like an hour before Rú pulled off to take Saquon back to wherever it was he picked him up from. I told Legend that he should've told Rú about Saquon but as always he kept putting it off; at least we managed to avoid disaster because if Cody would've seen him there's a good chance that some shyt would've happened and I wanted today to be peaceful. Chris, Gambino, and Preston were the first to arrive and I wasn't trying to avoid Chris but I was keeping myself busy so that I didn't have to talk to him.... though that didn't work because we ended up in the kitchen together and I knew he could feel something was off. One thing about me was that I didn't like playing with people's emotions, yeah I was a flirt but the more I thought about it the more I was starting to realize that I wanted to get to know Chris on a much deeper level and that text I got earlier just proved that I wasn't exactly ready to pursue anything other than friendship. As I was pulling the ham out of the over, I noticed Chris was about to say something but Nolan walked into the kitchen with a bookbag.

"Where the fuck is Legend? That nigga owes me big time because he doesn't know what I went through to get this shyt back." Nolan said pulling out a laptop and sitting it on the counter. "Like I had to deal with the most insufferable dude I had ever met and if he was a year older I probably would've fucked him....." Nolan said.

"He went to the airport to pick up his cousin and he had to stop by the store to grab some cards but he should be back soon." I said wishing he'd leave so I could talk to Chris but instead, Nolan made himself comfortable at the center island and started looking through the food to see what all we had cooked.

"Get the fuck out of the food...." Murda said walking into the kitchen and smacking the back of his brother's neck. "I thought Bazil was coming with you?" Murda asked walking over to the fridge and I noticed Chris walking out of the kitchen.

"He had to go over his mama's house.... he should be by a little later, now can I please eat? I'm fuckin starving and the least y'all could do is feed a nigga since I just guaranteed Legend at least a month so free head for getting this laptop back." Nolan said and I walked out the kitchen to let Murda argue with his brother.

"Why do I have a feeling you were about to say something while we were in the kitchen?" I asked Chris who was sitting off to the side by himself, he looked up at me and I almost got lost in his dark brown eyes.

"It's nothing.... just some of the things you said earlier, I don't know they brought up some memories from my past and I just wanted to clear the air." Chris said and I sat next to him because I wasn't sure if I had stirred up some past trauma or if they were good memories, whichever was the case I wanted to know so I had a reference for the future. "Don't worry, it's nothing bad.... you just remind me someone." He said smirking.

"Someone.... someone like an ex?" I asked and he winked before standing up, I grabbed his hand and stood up as well. "Nah you're not going to leave me hanging like that.... so who was this person I remind you of?" I asked licking my lips.

"It wasn't an ex.... anything we worked together and you kinda reminded me of him. Like I said, it's nothing bad... it's almost a compliment." Chris said still smirking, almost a compliment wasn't a compliment and he knew that shyt but I was enjoying this game. My phone started ringing again, I looked down and sent the person to voicemail only for them to call right back. "Damn someone is blowing you up... you should answer it, I gotta go check on Preston before he gets himself into trouble." Chris said walking off.

"I'm not free tonight, you'll have to hit me up later." I said to one of my clients, usually I never turned down one of my clients but as I said this shyt was starting to get old... I had made more than enough money and I thought maybe it was time for me to start to close out some of my client's account.