Legend 14

When I got out of the Marines, the first thing I did was buy a house and flipped it, then I bought two and flipped those, and now it was to the point I had a lot of properties, most of them I was renting out and a few I had tucked away for rainy days. But real estate wasn't my main source of income, or rather that's not where I made most of my money, what I would consider was my REAL job was something a lot more nefarious and what some would consider evil. When Cody asked me if I've killed people and I told him that I have when I was deployed, that wasn't the full truth, it wasn't a lie but I didn't want to scare him away; in truth, I was the nigga you called when you wanted something handled violently for example; a couple of months ago I got paid 200k by this rapper whose sister was getting her ass beat by her nigga and on top of that, he was touching their kid. The rapper didn't want to get his hands dirty and ruin his career so I handled it and by the time I was finished with dude his head looked like Oberyn Martell after The Mountain got finished with him.... though they never did find his body. Luckily for me, my client wanted to wait a couple of weeks so I had some more time to get to know Cody and chill with my boy Chris.

"Wassup with your boy? He doesn't really talk." D-Man said walking into my room and sitting on the edge of my bed. The crazy thing is once Chris got comfortable around you, getting him to shut up required way too much work, but I knew Chris has been through some shyt and it took A LOT to for him to open up.

"He just gotta get used to y'all and with him moving up here it shouldn't be long before that nigga is talking your ears off, when we were deployed our captain made Chris walk around with duct tape on his mouth because he wouldn't shut up." I said shaking my head and smiling at the memory.

"Aight.... but don't be in here all night with that nigga Cody, you still gotta take me to the airport tomorrow morning." D-Man said and I nodded. "I'm serious Legend, you know you got a habit of getting distracted."

"Nigga stop lying, I fucked up once and you've never let me live it down besides I'm sure whichever celebrity you're going to see will have no problem getting you a later flight." I said and D-Man gave me a look of false indignation.

"Legend, I am a personal trainer who specializes in a very unique form of exercising.... so whatever you're implying I'm highly offended that you would think so low of me." D-Man said and it was a running joke between all of us because D-Man was the one who usually got nervous around the topic of sex and yet, despite his claims I'm sure he was the biggest freak of us all though I was the only one who knew what he really did to make his money... besides the car dealership that him, Murda, and Jizzle owned.

"Whatever nigga, look Chris will be staying with us for a couple of weeks until I can find him a house, I'm sure by the time he leaves y'all will be good friends. Now get the fuck out of my room, I gotta get dressed." I said pushing him out and locking the door, now I know some of y'all may be wondering since I have all of these properties, why do I prefer living with roommates. The answer is really simple, I don't like living alone, call me paranoid or whatever but I need people around me to feel secure; maybe it has something to do with all those deployments but sleeping ten dudes in a small ass tent for months will change how you sleep.

"Ayy Legend Rú is here and so is Nolan." D-Man yelled, I walked downstairs where those two niggas were play fighting in my living room. "I told these niggas if they broke anything you'd be pissed." D-Man said shaking his head.

"Rú aren't you supposed to be shoveling my driveway and Nolan, you know damn well you wouldn't be doing this if Murda was here so sit your rabbit ass down somewhere." I said and they both looked at me and I already knew they were about to start talking shyt. "Rú the shovel is in the garage, make sure you get the sidewalks and the driveway.... and don't forget to put salt down." I said and Rú grumbled under his breath but did what I asked.