Legend 73

I was working overtime to make sure Rú's room was ready for whenever he got released from the hospital, talk about being lucky... the bullet went straight through his body without causing any damage, don't ask me how, maybe a miracle and I knew it wasn't my place to question it. The only reason he was out was because when he went for cover he hit his head on the stair rail and with him moving as fast as he was it knocked him out, but it could've been worse, Nolan on the other hand wasn't as lucky, he still couldn't feel anything below the waist... I didn't want to think about it, all it did was make me angry and I couldn't afford to get mad right now especially when there was so much I had to do; I had to make sure my dude was good because I didn't want Cody thinking that this shooting was a sign of things to come, I had to finish the repairs to my house, while Renee took care of the windows there was still a lot more damage that needed to be taken care of, and possibly the most important thing was making sure my brother Chris was good. Something like this could easily fuck up his head, after everything we've been through when we were deployed I wanted to make sure he wasn't experiencing any PTSD. I pulled up to his house and saw D-Man's car out front, while that should've made me pause, I was nosy and I wanted to see what they were up to because I could see something brewing between them and I found it to be interesting to watch.

"Aight man that's where I draw the fuckin line... I can tolerate you liking Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, I'll give you the side eye for the pumpkin pie, but you did NOT just fix your lips to saw that PEEPS are a Top 3 candy." Chris said disgusted by D-Man's love of those nasty ass things.

"What can I say, I'm a different breed.... I like shyt that most people find disgusting; pumpkin pie, mint chocolate chip, Peeps, candy corn, I even like black licorice. I'm just different...." D-Man said shrugging.

"Dhamir, you're about to get put out my fuckin house." Chris said laughing, as they continued playing the game completely unaware of my presence. Usually, I'd say something to let my presence be known but I decided to leave them alone for now as I silently crept out of the house unnoticed.

"So wassup Legend? What's our next move because you know we can't let this shyt slide." Jizzle said when I walked back into the house, I looked at him because he was usually the class clown but when it came down to it, he could be even deadlier than Murda when he needed to be. "Even if that little nigga is dead, I know you grabbed his phone before he kicked you in the dick." Jizzle said and I got pissed thinking about that and he was right... I didn't tell Murda but I had his phone and now it was just a matter of finding out who he was talking to that night.

"Yeah well he didn't have names for his contacts, just emojis and the person he was talking to their phone is no longer in service so I'm guessing it was a burner phone.... it's going to take a few more days to figure out all the contacts and see if we can get a lead. That's also why I'm meeting up with Renee tonight, she seems to know more than she's telling and I'm thinking maybe I can butter her up."

"I hope you didn't forget that we're supposed to pick up our suits for the party, I'm putting a lot of money into this event and I'll be damned if my cousin shows up looking busted." Seven said walking down the stairs. "It shouldn't take too long and you should probably go get a haircut." He said and I ran my hand through my hair which wasn't too long.

"Fuck I look like taking orders from my little cousin?" I asked playfully pushing him, even though I was closer with Tion, Seven was a close second because we were all around the same age and we used to always be around each other. "Will Ala'Ven be at this party?" I asked ad Seven shook his head.

"Nah, he wanted to stay in Texas with TJ and Taryn over Zyshaun's so I wasn't going to force him to come.... though I'm a little sad my baby doesn't want to hang out anymore. Speaking of kids when are you going to start building your family?" Seven asked and as I choked on the answer, I was saved by Cody. I walked upstairs to my room with Cody and the second, my bedroom door was closed I was on top of him sucking on his neck.