Chapter 83

Waiting for your opportune moment to disappear was trickier than expected. Leaving straight from the mansion was out of the question, someone you felt R would somehow figure it out before you even left the driveway. It had been two weeks since your last assignment, surprisingly you hadn't been forced to do your job. Was that R's way of feeling guilty for what he had done, or was it Mono taking over your workload because he knew you were going through something again. You had been refusing to see him, at least till the bruises healed. Finally, those purple and black marks were becoming nothing more than a painful memory. 

Time had done little to persuade you into staying, despite the newfound relationship you had formed with Jungkook. You two weren't exclusive, and you hadn't been intimate since that night a couple of days ago. Tried stopping by each day since then to check on you in your room, but you couldn't let him in. Not because his companionship wasn't wanted, but you knew how the eyes had walls in this place. The two of you could lie about that night, write it off as a friend trying to help another and nothing more. People might be skeptical, but without proof of what you two had done together, they would never know for sure. 

Now that the bruises were gone and you started to get a normal sleeping rhythm back. The memories of your last night R was starting to become a thing of the past. After two weeks you were finally sleeping and eating like a functional human being. All that was left was the uncertain plan that constantly changed in your head. Trying to outsmart the smartest person you had ever met was no easy task, but you'd rather die than give up on the illusion of your freedom again. If this was to become the rest of your life, you'd rather eat a bullet. R would probably be happy to provide that last meal for you. 

Never the less, staying locked away in your room was going to earn you no results. You picked out a long black dress with lace sleeves, a pair of red-bottomed heels, and your favorite black designer bag. Getting dressed you made sure to doll yourself up with a full face of make-up. You weren't going to leave this room a mangled mess of a hallow woman, you'd leave your cacoon much stronger than when you entered. You packed your purse with the necessities, travel makeup for touch-ups, a brush, and of course a pistol. You slipped on a simple silver necklace and a few silver bands on your fingers to help decorate your body. The final touch was a medium length, curly auburn red wig that you pulled the hair to cascade over a single shoulder. 

Bag in hand you snagged a pair of sunglasses from your nightstand before heading for the door. Pulling it open you took a glance back at the beige room you saw as nothing more than your own personal prison. At that moment, the memory of Jungkook flashed in your mind. It was the only memory of this room that you didn't want to forget. You shook off the nostalgia with a shake of your head before pulling the door shut behind yourself. The door clicked with an echo that bounced off the walls of the hallway. Without looking back you turned and headed for the living room. It was time to find Mono. 

Surprisingly there was confidence in your walk as you strutted your way through the house and made your way down the stairs of the mansion. Your fingertips grazed the wooden handrail that wrapped the stairs as you headed to the second floor, your heels clicking against the steps as a warning of your impending arrival. Reaching the bottom was far as you got before hearing the steps nearing from the living room, someone was coming your way. 

Your hand gripped the stair raising as you stood by its last step. You could feel your heart rate skyrocket and your mind begin to assume the worse. It's only fitting that the first face you'd see outside your room would be him, and as much as you'd like to believe that you were able to push back your fear - you couldn't. A lump formed in your throat and threatened your ability to speak, the steps getting closer and closer and each heavy step caused your body to solidify.