Chapter 32

Admittedly, it took a bit to get up and move that morning. Shaking off your encounter with Jimin and the drama you endured with Hoseok - again, due to Jimin - then, Jungkook's lengthy apology thanks to the infamous Jimin. It was the start of a new morning, and needless to say, you've been more than content if you did not see Jimin today.

You went about your morning routine lazily, taking your time and adding a bit of self-care with a facial mask and a fresh coat of paint on your nails. The clock struck noon before you finally excited your bedroom and headed for the ground floor in search of the kitchen for something to fill your stomach. The house seemed empty and quiet, a bit quieter than you were used to.

Stalking into the kitchen, you noticed your solitude. You were inwardly grateful not to find some psychopath, deranged monster, con artist, or pretty boy blonde littering in the shared capacity of the kitchen. Moving to the fridge, you searched for something to fill the hole in your belly, much to your despair. However, it was rather bare—a bottle of a Jack and a gallon of milk. With a huff, you moved toward the cabinet nearby and ripped it open. To your delight, you found a box of Frosted Flakes and took them for your own. Grabbing the milk, cereal, and a bowl, you quickly poured yourself a serving of the frosted goodness before yanking the bowl from the counter and stuffing a spoon into your mouth.

You weren't exactly one to eat properly at the table. The living room couch seemed like a comfier bet. Plus, the place seemed dead; who would come bitch at you for your laziness. You drifted into the spacious living room with each and noticed it was empty. You snagged into the corner of the rounding couch that circled the fireplace on the opposite wall. Folding your legs on the couch, you tucked the bowl between your knees and began to pat around the plush leather as you searched for the remote to control the TV just above the fireplace. You found it quickly and hit the large red button near the top; instead of the TV blaring to life, the fireplace suddenly sparked up and began to roar with a comforting flame.

It was not what you had expected, but at least it was something, and you were in no mood to search for the remote. A bit of a calming flame was nice, even if it was daylight outside. It always felt like nighttime in the house whose window's remained boarded, and glass painted black. 

You dug your spoon into the bowl and shoveled a hearty serving in your face. Though, as if on cue at the worst possible moment to interrupt you in your peaceful bliss, someone entered the room, shattering the silence with a tone you had become easily annoyed by.

"R has an assignment for you." That deep milky voice rasped out as his long legs waltzed him right into the room and stepped on your most easily annoyed nerve. Your eyes dulled as you raised your eyes, and you exhaled in disappointment from your nose.

However, what was atop his head made you nearly choke on your cereal. You hunched forward and covered your mouth as you felt a flake of your cereal quickly rush down your windpipe before breaking it free. You swallowed your bite and shot your eyes back up at the man standing in the doorway.

"What the fuck?!" You barked as you tossed your spoon back into your bowl. "What the fuck is that?!" You questioned as you raised a hand, gestured up to Taehyung's head, and stared at him, both dumbfounded and even more irritated by his sight.

"What're you talking about?" He questioned as his arms folded against his broad chest. He was clad in an elegant casual white suit, his blazer flowing freely around his waist as his white color shirt was unbuttoned down a few notches. He raised a sharp brow as his chocolate hues stared blankly in your direction.

"Your fucking hair!" You raised your voice as you dropped your hand down to the couch. "Everyone here already compares us. Now you go and dye your hair fucking blue?!" Your mouth hung open in both surprise and disgust. This was the one man in the organization that was out for your job. Admittedly he was just as annoyed with the constant comparison to your skill sets, but you still had to walk around playing twinnies with him?

"You don't own the color blue, Y/N," Taehyung stated shamelessly as his eyes rolled. Unfolding his arms, he raised one to his hair and let his long fingers rack through his vibrant blue-hued hair. "I can dye my hair whatever the hell I want."

Felling free a deep groan, you flopped back in your comfortable seat on the couch and tossed your head back. Great, this was just great. You can already hear everyone talking about how either one of you was trying to copy the other, just what you needed now when your life was already stressful enough being a willing prisoner to a demonic fuck. Walking over, Taehyung slapped a small piece of paper on the coffee table and returned to his usual scowl of a face. His long fingers slithered into his slacks as he glared down at you with distaste.

"R wants you to go to this address and meet up with a client." Taehyung quickly dismissed the hair color subject as he returned to the task at hand. You would be angry about a lackey coming to give you an assignment, that would be if you didn't hate the boss so much, but in reality, you'd rather deal with Taehyung over R any day.

"The fuck am I supposed to do with this client?" You asked quickly before shoveling another spoonful of cereal into your mouth, causing your cheeks to huff out as you chewed. Was this another hit mission? No, that seemed unlikely over how you botched the last one. Then again, you did go back and correct it but still. You didn't imagine R would be sending you on another solo hit mission so soon.

"You're just to meet them and get details on the next drop," Taehyung explained as he turned around and began to leave the room, clearly not wanting to continue the further conversation, though he didn't even give much detail in the first place.

"You're a wonderful informant. I can see why he isn't sending you." You commented shamelessly to his back as he ventured off. Quickly he turned back around and snapped a flame-filled gaze your way. With a smile you flashed in return, you swallowed your food and quickly followed it up with a mocking gesture of a blown kiss.

Taehyung hissed before swiftly storming out of the room without any witty responses. Admittedly, the small victory made you smile. You snickered just under your breath. You took a few more bites of your cereal, nearly finishing the bowl, before leaning over to look at the table and quickly reading the address on the note.

Wait, you had seen that address before. Have you been there before? You racked your brain, trying to remember as you finished breakfast. Still, it hadn't come to you. You gathered up your bowl and swiped the note from the table. Tucking your dishes away in the sink before wandering to your room to get ready.