Chapter 47

The two of you huddled into the room after Yoongi, lead into one of the employee-only access areas of the high rise building. It seemed to be the passageway for a backup fire escape, the walls were bare brick and the floor was just solid concrete. The air smelled old, that stagnant type of air that hung in old abandoned places.

You took a quick look around noticing Mono and Jimin nowhere in sight. Your attention turned back on Jungkook and the mysterious Yoongi who still remained near the door. Yoongi leaving his hood up, never really revealing his face as he yanked up the sleeve of his right arm and appeared to be checking the time and an overly expensive wristwatch. You pulled your head down to get a better look at where you were.

"So, someone wanna let me in on the plan here?" You flashed your gaze between the two men, before setting your eyes on Jungkook. You figured he'd be the only likely man to answer you given the bruting silence Yoongi opted to keep himself constantly shrouded in. To your surprise, however, it was Yoongi who spoke up first.

"Nope. You opted to walk out before hearing the plans." Yoongi said with a lazy shrug as he dropped his hand back down at his side and raised his head just enough that his eyes could be seen under the shadow that his hood cast. "We're not wasting time going over it with you now because you decided to throw a tantrum like a fucking three-year-old."

"A--" Jungkook tried to get on syllable out but Yoongi quickly wrapped his engulfing palm around his bicep and began to yank him down the corridor before pushing him ahead to put some distance between yourself and Jungkook. You saw the veins in Yoongi's hands raise as he placed his palm on Jungkook. The lines a soft blue swirling just under pale translucent skin.

Was Yoongi angry with you? More than likely. You didn't exactly come off as pleasant company to have around. Though the effect you had on him seemed a bit more extreme then you were used too. Perhaps it was the vague and disrespectful way you referred to Jimin. Rolling your eyes you turned and began to wander behind the two men, not attempting to match their stride as they hurried along.

The group reached the end of the hall and the two men stopped at the door. You caught up a few seconds later and froze in place as they did. Jungkook wiggled his way past Yoongi as he placed a soft hand on the metal door and leaned his ear closer for a moment. You couldn't hear anything. It seemed like dead silence for the other side though you weren't sure exactly where that door lead. You all were still just on the first floor.

Whatever they needed or wanted couldn't possibly be on this floor so why weren't they trying to find an access path upstairs without causing a scene? Seconds ticked by painfully slow as you all waited in the deafening silence. Taking in a large breath you released it out with an exasperated sign in your boredom, which earned yet another glare from the peanut gallery. You were getting used to those cold dead eyes now.

"Now!" Jungkook suddenly broke through the quiet air with a yelling whisper. You brow raised in the sudden realization that you didn't exactly know what that was supposed to mean. Where you guys going to bust through the door guns blazing? Were they going to open the door so Mono or Jimin could come through quietly? It really was a mistake to now hear the assignment out...

Yoongi bolted from his side, pushing past you as if you were simply just trash in his way as he rushed toward a control panel just a few feet behind you. His shoulder slammed into your causing you to take a step to the side and quickly shoot a glare back in his direction at his carelessness that could have so easily knocked you to the ground.

He swung open the breaker box and began to flip switches. Four clicks were followed by pitch-black darkness that consumed the narrow hallway and left you completely blind. The fifth click was followed by a sudden burst of red lights and a low siren that was starting to pick up the volume at an alarming rate. Though before it could be heard by any pedestrians on the street the sixth click quickly silenced the alarms and disabled the disorienting red light.

The backup storm lights slowly began to come on, filling the hall with a dim grow that made you feel as though you were in a bad horror movie now. Before you could register what was happening, Jungkook ripped open the emergency exit door he stood behind and bolted through it. You took a step in his direction, intending to follow him assuming Yoongi would do the same, however, Yoongi took a hard right and began to run down the hall from the way you had come.

Which way were you supposed to go?! You stopped in your tracks, grounding your heels to the floor as you tried to rapidly make a choice. Yup, really should have listened to the plans. Though it was the sound of gunfire that ended up making your choice for you. From behind the door that Jungkook had escaping into, you heard two bullets strike the earth with a thunderous boom.

Your eyes rounded and you quickly spun as you went for the door, yanking it open and slingshotting yourself out of it. Was Jungkook hit? Did you cause a member of the organization to lose their life due to your careless disregard for the plan? Admittedly, you were shaken up. The thought that your careless could have killed Jungkook instantly made your blood run cold.

You were okay with anyone else getting hurt, even Mono, but not that Baby boy. He was too young, to precious. At that moment you didn't want to admit, but part of you had grown attached to the youngest member of the gang and a primal instinct to protect him was all that you could feel in the split second.

'Please, just don't be dead...'