Chapter 56

As promised, Jungkook was waiting out back with one of the more luxurious cars from the garage. You had kept him waiting a mear six minutes and when you climbed into the passenger seat of that white 2019 Acurs NSX he made no complaints.

Your black ankle boots wormed their way into the floor bored as the sheer stockings you wore brushed against your legs. Your already short skirt hiked up a few inches from the movement and you didn't bother to adjust it as you slammed the door down in place.

Leaning back in your seat you grabbed the opening of your leather jacket and flared it to provide some slack. Your breasts were pushed up beautifully under that nearly sheer white tank top.

"Where are we going?" Jungkook finally asked as you pulled out a pair of shades and slipped them over your smokey eyes to avoid the light of the sun that you hadn't seen in days.

You pulled a piece of paper from your pocket with a written address in it and passed it to Jungkook without a word. He took the sheet and brought it up into view. He scanned the cursive lettering before cocking a brunette brow in your direction.

"Isn't this--" He started to question but his words were silenced for a second time today.

"Yes. Drop me off." You untrusted as you folded your arms against your chest, forcing the elevation of your chest. "If you want to do something for me, it's this and don't tell anyone where I've gone." Your head swiveled to the side as you finally met his gaze. "Can you do that?"

"Y-yeah... " he agreed as he set the paper down in the cup holder and let out of soft sigh as he headed for the ignition. The car roared to life and you could feel the power engine vibrate your thighs. Jungkook's hands slapped against the steering after shifting the car into drive. "Do you want me to pick you up later?"

"Doesn't matter." You shrugged as your gaze went toward the passenger window. You were as dismissive as dismissive came. "It's not like I have your number to even tell you to come to get me."

Jungkook didn't say anything after that. He kept his hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road. Perhaps he was trying to be a consideration or maybe your brash words upset him. It was hard to tell.

Jungkook was a soft soul. He had skills useful to the organization but he cared to much. You offered him no trust yet, he was doing everything he could to win back that imaginary bond.

Deep down, perhaps you had trusted him. You'd be lying if you said you didn't believe he'd actually come for you that night, and it was for that reason he felt such guilt. However, it was your mistake to believe he would have saved you, not his. He didn't hate him for it you just hated what happened.

The car ride was stretching nearly an hour of what would have been mind-numbing silence if you had not turned the radio on ten minutes in. If you weren't alone in your room, you didn't want the dead silence.

By the time the car began to roll to a stop in that rounded driveway, you were beyond ready to escape that cramped car. You reached for the handle and was ready to bounce from the car before that small voice called out.

"Wait!" Jungkook shifted into park. "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"Positive." You responded as you popped the handle and opened the passenger door. You swung one long leg out. Jungkook quickly reached out before you could depart and grabbed your arm.

"Let me give you my number again then." He suggested as his gaze met yours. "You don't have to call me for a ride but, just in case you want to..."

There it was again, that deseration to be forgiven. With a sigh, you pulled your phone from between your breasts and passed it to Jungkook ad he released your arm. He quickly typed his number into the contacts before passing the device back.

You slipped the phone back into its place and turned from him as you stepped out of the car. You straightened out your clothes quickly before grabbing ahold of the door.

"Be safe, Y/N." Jungkook added, to which you offered no reply. You yanked the door and forced it to close.

Jungkook stayed there, watching through the window until you were at the front door of that familiar mansion that Seokjin owned. You heard him begin to drive off just as you raised your hand to give the door three firm knocks.

Safe was erelivant now, you wanted an escape. And Seokjin was the only one that seemed capable of providing that right now.