Chapter 45

A heavy breath of thick smoke entered your lungs as you waited outside for the rest of the group. The toxic chemicals entering your lungs did little to soothe your nerves but it did help with the shaking induced from the rage.

Why was it that Jimin invoked such a reaction from you? Arguably R was just as worse yet you were able to contain your rage with him. Perhaps it's because you doubted R would actually end your life, while Jimin, on the other hand, would throw you off a cliff for sneezing.

Who were you kidding? It was just as likely that R would dispose of you for any given reason, after all, you were nothing more than his toy. Perhaps it was just the lack of rationality that Jimin possessed that made his presence terrifying, despite your lack of will to admit it. Jimin was indeed, terrifying.

You took in another long exhale, leaving a bit of your lipstick left on the filter as you pulled it from you. One arm wrapped around your torso, just under your bust in attempts to keep warm in the cool night air while the other repeated the action of going to and from your lips as you chain-smoked the stolen cigarette.

Just as the lit cherry at the end nearly bit your fingers you threw it to the ground and let your boot smother away the flame as you took a step forward. They were taking to damn long! You wanted to get this night over with. As you debated on pulling out your phone and shooting Mono and firey text message to hurry the process along a car began to roll in front of the house.

You tossed your arms to your side as you eyed the headlights. The Palisade pulled into the roundabout and quickly shut off the lights. The passenger window rolled down to reveal the only male inside those walls that didn't invoke some type of negative feeling upon sight.

"About time!" You growled toward Jungkook as you began to stomp toward the SUV. You could see from the street lights shining through the window that everyone else must have still been inside.

"Sorry..." Jungkook whispered as you flung open the passenger side door and took it upon yourself to claim the shotgun seat.

"Whatever." You simply muttered back as you slammed the door behind yourself and slumped into your seat. Your eyes glaring ahead as your arms folded at your chest like a three-year-old in a tantrum. "The sooner this is over the better."

"Okay..." Jungkook's dismissive nature was shining bright tonight. He could see the distaste hang from your lips and the hatred poor from your eyes. He didn't want to make it worse. He knew a half-assed apologies for something he couldn't control wouldn't change anything.

"Please tell me there is a bottle of vodka hidden in this car." You mentioned as one of your arms unfolded to slap the glove-box before yanking it down as if in some hopes you're shot in the dark request would be fullied.

"R doesn't really like us drinking on the job unless it's the further the assignment." Jungkook pointed in a low tone of voice, which only earned a glare from over your shoulder in his direction. ".... But--" He quickly added at the sight of your eyes.

Reaching into his breast pocket, Jungkook pulled out a flask from those jean jacket folds and passed it in your direction. Your eyes bounced from his hands to his eyes before quickly snatching the flash from him with a grumble.

"Just don't tell him I gave it to you." He requested as his hand returned to the wheel.

"I can get in enough trouble with R all on my own." You mocked in return and you screwed off the lid and tipped the bottle up to your lips to fill your stomach with the refreshing taste of death.

A refreshing sigh left your lips as you lowered the flask and returned your eyes to Jungkook. He had such an innocent hue to them, remorseful and yet still divine. Your brows released their wrinkle as you stared into those soft pools of brown. Though the sound of footsteps in the distance quickly distracted you.

Your head whipped to the open window to see the 'gang' piling out of the mansion. Turning your head back to Jungkook, you tipped the flash in his direction as a notion of thanks before quickly tucking it away out of sight, safety between your breasts.

The back door opened and the three men began to make their way inside. The hooded man took the seat behind Jungkook. Jimin sat in the middle and finished off with Mono seated right behind you. You quickly nestled in your seat as Jungkook flicked on the headlights of the Hyundai Palisade.

"Address?" Jungkook asked as he glanced in the back seat. The hooded figure leaned forward to slap a piece of paper into Jungkook's hands before resting back in his seat as he leaned closer to the male in the middle.

"This is the floor plan for the place." You heard the melancholy voice said as a line shined in the back seat.

"Oh dear..." A soft voice replied, nearly unrecognizable tone filtered into the air. "I don't know. This place has a lot of rooms guys... I don't like it." The voice whined in fear.

Your brows dipped as you couldn't stop your head from whipping back to see what the hell was going on. The car began to move forward and you grabbed hold of your own seat for stability as your eyes laid upon a shivering Jimin huddled behind the two men.

"It's okay, Soyeon." Jungkook's reassuring voice chiming in, his eyes peering at the man through the rearview mirror. "You've got this. Now just walk yourself through the plans, okay?"

Jimin was being talked to like a child, while in reality, he looked as fragile as a battered housewife. Even his attire reflected a sense of terror as he was clad in a large baggy grey hoodie and a pair of wrinkled slacks. His hands shoot as he took the phone from the man to his left and began to stare into the glowing light as he studied the screen.

So, this was Soyeon?

"What th--" You started to question as your head turned to Jungkook who's eyes were focused on the road. However, before you could finish your statement Jungkook quickly sealed his lips with his index finger, silently asking you to be quiet.

With a huff, you leaned against your seat and returned your arms to your chest as you folded them in place. Idly, you listened as Jimin muttered and whispered about the layout of the location and the man beside him making soft sounds of acknowledgment.

You could see Mono from your own mirror, he seemed unphased. Idly he just stared out the window beside him and gazed out into space. He was unconcerned and uncaring, per usual.

Why was this called a berserker mission with this personality? What exactly could this timid man exactly do? From it seemed like, he was just the brains of the assignment. So, where exactly did the 'berserk' come in? Maybe it had to do with the man seated beside the insane clown. You were only left to assume and guess.