Chapter 63

It wasn't Jungkook who drove you back to the mansion that late night, nor did you find your own way back. Seokjin insisted on dropping you off at the mansion himself. Internally, you question that choice. You weren't so ignorant to believe that action wouldn't be noticed by R. Hell, it was likely he knew you were you had gone in the first place, and that was why you allowed Jin to return you. If he knew already, what was the point of trying to remain secret about it? You questioned if Seokjin could see the turmoil in your thoughts on the drive back. 

He never commented on it, nor did he question your suddenly silent demeanor. He just let the radio play and gave your thigh a soft grab when your thoughts became too clouded. He could have just been being a tease, or maybe he knew something was up. Either way, you were thankful to him for that night. The escape he offered and the sense of yourself that you feel had returned to you - even if it was just a fragment. 

You had just spent the rest of the night in your room, secluded. Your controllable urge to shower had gone down, though you did wash up before bed. There was a sense of peace inside yourself in the dead of night. The house was quiet, everyone had gone to bed or perhaps some people weren't even home. Either way, you worried less about Jimin showing up at your door unexpectedly. 

You slept more soundly that night then you had in the days prior. Your slumber wasn't without nightmares, but they drifted soon after your eyes fluttered open - vanishing from your mind. It may not have been sound sleep, but it was better than none. 

The morning came with a gentle knock on the door. Your mornings didn't begin till noon, but never the less it was the morning to you. Sitting up from your bed you rubbed softly at your eyes before blowing bits of blue strands of hair from your eyes quite ungracefully. A tired gaze glaring toward the door as you questioned who exactly was trying to visit you this early. If you were to guess, Mono. 

"It's to early for this shit, Mono." You groaned aloud, raising your voice to make sure it pierced the wooden frame. "Go away." Slapping at the blankets you stretched your limbs as your joints popped from the sudden length. A large yawn widening your mouth as you began to matte down your tangled hair. 

Without a reply, the door began to twist open despite its lock. You scratched at your skin, trying to gather your bearings as the door slowly swung open. At first, you just kept your eyes ahead. It was just like Mono to not regard your wishes. Feeling entitled to do what he pleased because he was the older one of you two. 

"Calling me by another man's name--" The voice chimed in, instantly striking a nerve within you causing your eyes to round. "I'm offended." That deep voice rumbled in the room, though it was at a standard volume. You felt the bass radiate in your chest and make your stomach turn. 

Instantly, you cursed your choice of the ride home. You questioned if the actions of last time this monster of a man was in your room would repeat itself. You tried to swallow down that fear, but god be damned you couldn't rid yourself of it. You quickly forced your eyes shut, knowing you needed to gather yourself to face him properly without a sense of worry riddling your gaze. 

"What do you want?" You muttered, your voice barely above a whisper which instantly you regretted. It felt like your body was emanating that fear that lingered in your mind and just that fact alone pissed you off to no end. 

R stepped into the room, grabbing ahold of the doorknob he softly shut the door behind himself without ever turning from your frame. The sound of the door clicking almost sounded like the tick of a clock that was counting down to your death. 

"Not even a good morning?" R questioned rhetorically. His chest rumbled with a burst of deep laughter. "How cold." He mocked. His hands slithered into the pockets of his black jeans as he began to stalk closer to the bed. 

"Cut the bullshit, R." An abrupt voice entered the room as your piercing eyes reopened to gaze in his direction. Admittedly, his attire to you by surprise. He was in very casual clothes, a white t-shirt with black jeans and laced black boots. R's demonic dark eyes were framed with round glasses that calmed down his appearance. His tattooed arms were on display as well as the engulfing ink that wrapped around his neck. "What is it you want?" 

Your eyes bored holes into his face, before wandering across his frame in disgust. The word 'Fearless' tattooed across his right forearm on display as his hands shifted into his pockets. Admittedly, your relationship with R had been survivable in the past few months. The last time you had spoken to him was the night in the office building with Jimin. In some people's eyes what he had offered you in terms of advice could be deemed as helpful in his own right. 

You had been succeeding in assignments without further fail after the solo mission with Mr.Mayers. You had accepted payment without incident and overall had what could be considered normal interactions with him since, but there was bad blood. The distaste for that man ran thick and despite your cooperative nature previously - you couldn't just dismiss the unfavorable incidents of the past. Seeing R was a constant reminder of your withholding of freedom. R's position was so much more than just your boss. 

"I come to see how you were copping." R's tone lacked compassion. He radiated with condescending nature. You'd believe that the sky would rain men before you'd assume he actually gave a shit about your well being. 

"Ha." You blurted from your lips in sarcastic laughter. "Yeah, okay." Shamelessly you added. Grabbing hold of the blankets you tossed them back and freed your legs as you swung them off to the side. You wore only a grey spaghetti string tank top and a pair of satin pajama shorts, but - let's face it - you had worn more racy things in public and the man in your room had seen you in nothing but your birthday suit before. 

"I'll just take that as confirmation that you're fine." He rebutted as he made his way to the foot of your bed and turned to face you. "About time." Removing his hands from his pockets he crossed them in front of his broad chest, causing his arms to flex and muscles to roll under his tattooed skin. 

'About time'? A very casual way to state he thought you were taking to long to bounce back from the trauma endured with one of the other members of the organization. You couldn't prevent your upper lip from snarling in defense. Likely, he placed you in a box labeled 'weakling' and you'd be damned if you'd be declared weak. At the same time, the object to arguing with him on that subject was pointless and would likely only end in another beating, so you bit your tongue - literally. 

"Despite Mono's protest--" R began to speak again once he realized you weren't going to beat a dead horse on the subject of your courage. "You've got an assignment." 

So Mono was advocating for you now? Most defiantly that was playing a large part into why R was likely dubbing you as a fragile little snowflake. Your eyes rolled as you clenched the side of the bed. How many times would you have to tell your brother to butt out of your damn business? No matter the number, you assumed it'd be endless.