Chapter 78

Leaving the bathroom in your soft plush robe clade in black with a fluffy grey collar that stretched down your chest before disappearing into the wrapped cloth. You rubbed a towel against your hair, eyes clothes as you wondered over to your bed. Tossing your hair towel on one of the bottom bedposts that mimicked greek pillars that added an antique feel to the entire bed. Your eyes surveyed the darkroom, making sure you were still alone. You figured Jungkook would have been back by now.

Right... the door was locked. With an exhale you headed for the door and flipped the lock. Pulling the door open a crack you peered out into the hall. There he was, sitting across the hall patiently, cross-legged as he stared down at his phone. A box of hair dye waiting beside him. Clearing your throat you opened the door a bit wider. His doe eyes darted up and met your gaze with a carefree smile.

"Waiting long?" You questioned with a lazy way of your hand, gesturing to get up and come in already. Turning around you took the lead and headed back inside.

"Not really." He replied nervously, he was cute even when he lied. Scurrying to his feet he quickly headed inside the room after you. He closed the door carefully behind himself and once again making sure to lock the door behind himself. It was a little peculiar how to admit he was on locking the door. You wondered if he was doing it to give you privacy from others or because he was afraid of someone to find him here.

He wouldn't have waited outside your door if that was the case, right? Paranoia was starting to seem into your every thought.

"You know they say not to box dye your hair black, right?" Reaching forward you snatched the box from his hand and brought it up to your eyes as you gave the instructions a quick read. "It's hard to strip out."

"My hair's not that important to me. Color is color." He shrugged deeply as he stood in from of you. You could see from the corner of your eye how hard Jungkook was trying to keep his gaze respectful as you stood before him in nothing more than a black robe. "Plus, if you think black suits me better - I'll keep the color for a while."

You raised your head along with a single brow. "Careful, Baby boy." You said with a long drifting breath. "Almost sounds like your flirting." You offered up a weak chuckle as you handed him back the box.

A meek fit of soft nervous laughter left his lips, as he fumbled with the box of dye. Yeah, you still intimated him, cute. Wondering back over to the bed you began to grab at the mountain of display pillows that you owned. Tossing a few one by one onto the top near the foot of the bed. You were creating a plush pillow tower that Jungkook could use as a stool. "Sit." You said, pointing to the pile.

Jungkook sprung to life as he followed your direction. Setting the box of dye on the end of the bed, he lined up the tower of pillows before carefully trying to set his lengthy frame atop of it. He shifted too much of his weight to his right side and quickly toppled over and smacked against the floor. The sudden sight of a hunk of a cute smack against the floor with an adorable thud caused your chest to jump and your teeth to sink into your lower lip. You bit back your laughter quickly noticing the embarrassment that deformed Jungkook's expression. Averting your gaze you whipped your head back over to your nightstand and pretended to gather something from the drawer. You didn't see anything. Right.

Giving him a few long seconds to gathering himself back up, you sifted through your nightstand drawer idly. Your fingers gliding along with something unexpected, a pack of cigarettes. You thought you ran out two days ago - you refused to leave to get more. Of course, there would just be some - fuck it. Snagging the pack you quickly shook one free and pinched it between your lips. You snatched your lighter from the top of the stand and quickly set the end ablaze with an inhale of relief. You tucked the butt between your fingers as you pulled it from your mouth with a toxic exhale. "Hope you don't mind..."

"It's fine." Jungkook responded promptly, hoping to ease your worries quickly. He had finally found his balance on the stack of pillows and was turned to the side to meet your gaze. He still looked like a wobbly baby dear, his larges eyes starting up just waiting for the next moment to come by.

"Here." You scuffed as the cigarette found it's way back between your lips, tossing the remote of the T.V mounted directly across from your queen size bed. "Find us a movie." A lazy wave was gestured toward the T.V, signaling for Jungkook to turn and face that way as well. He got the memo after a few ditzy seconds and turned away from you.

You placed your pack of cigarettes, lighter, ashtray, and a gently used hair towel near the end of the bed. You looked up to see Jungkook start to flip through the different shows and movies that flashed across the screen while you took a few long drags from your cigarette before tossing it into the ashtray to wait. Grabbing at the robe you hiked the fabric up a few inches before crawling back onto your bed and moving toward the middle near the foot of the bed and directly behind him. You situated the items to your right, creating his little nest around where you sat. A quick adjustment of your robe to ensure it covered all the important parts of your figure, mainly the bruises...

Reaching for the box of hair dye you began to rip it open while looking up over Jungkook's head to see the T.V. He was flipping through the action movies, typical male choice. You pulled the black gloves out of the box and let them rest on your knee while you reached for the bottle of onyx dye. You gave the bottle a violent shake as you mixed up the chemicals.

"What do you feel like watching?" Jungkook lowered the remote to his lap and looked back over his shoulder at you.

"Doesn't matter, It'll probably just be background noise to me." You shugged loosely as you stopped shaking the bottle of dye up and looked at the gloves.

"Why don't we just turn on some music then?" Jungkook asked, raising a brunette brow closer to the ceiling.

"I mean, sure?" You scuffed trying to hide the sneak smile that threatened to spread to your lips. Shaking your head you reached for your gloves and cocked your head in Jungkook's direction. "Put some music on then, baby boy." You didn't realize, but you were letting your guard down just a little bit at a time and it was lightening the mood in the room.

There was nothing extraordinarily special reason Jungkook had a soft spot on your heart. He was a gorgeous man and of course, that helped but, he felt like an old friend. Someone who didn't expect too much out of you and understood you enough know when to give you space. He was like the comfort of a companion who was content just listening and laughing with you. He shined with a sense of vibrance that made the world around you seem new. You hoped his mindset was contagious and sometimes you believed it was. The old you wanted nothing more than to corrupt that beautiful spirit of his in the most sinful ways, now part of you just wanted to protect the whimsical spirit and keep it safe from the devilish world.

Jungkook switched the T.V to one of those old radio channels that were always at the end of channels. He put it on an R&B instrumental mix, a little different but at least the music would be nice. You slipped the gloves onto your hands just as Jungkook set the remote back on the bed beside you. You spun your finger telling him to face forward with your gesture. He turned from you as you reached out for his hand and pressed the pads of your fingers against his temples.

Pulling his head back you forced him to look up toward the ceiling while you looked down at him, taking his middle-parted hair and combing it back with your gloved fingers. His eyes drifted from the boring architecture that was above you to rest his gaze on your eyes. You quickly felt his dark brown eyes staring intently at your features. His eyes felt analytic, his iris shifted about as if he was reaching the hidden words written across your face. Your nerves began to tighten in their unease.

Pressing your palm into the back of his head you forced his head back up abruptly as you took in a quiet yet deep breath. "Stay still." You commanded as you reached for the bottle of black dye and popped the cap off. Shaking off the awkwardness you felt you tried to replace it with the rhythmic beat of the music the filled the softly lit room. A bit too dark to be dying hair but any brighter and the headaches would return.

"Let's get rid of this hideous blonde hair..."