Chapter 20

The limousine finally rolled up to Halcyon Hall. You raised your hand to flick your cigarette ash out the car window and instantly felt your blood run cold. There he was, standing directly out front, waiting. You locked eyes with him through the tinted glass as you froze. The limo jerked to a stop. You glanced at the driver's seat; Jungkook's doe eyes looked remorseful as he stared at you. Before you could react, the passenger side of the door was yanked open, and you were standing before death itself.

"So..." R slapped his hand on the top of the Limo as he leaned down to come into view, the loud bang on the metal roof sending your nerves taunt. "You want to tell me what happened?" He questioned, but that glaring look in his hazelnut eyes let you know that he already had a good idea, if not the whole story. You shot your head back to Jungkook, almost pleading with him to help you before R's booming voice roared near your ear. "My office. Now."

He backed away from the limousine and turned around; he began to make haste toward the decrepit old mansion and expected you to follow. Gathering up your things from the car, you stepped out. You heard Jungkook's soft voice call out a simple "Good luck..." before you slammed the door shut. You turned your head to see R's back as he ascended the house. Taking in a breath, you followed behind, glued to the floor as you dreaded each step you took.

||

How could he figure out everything that happened before you arrived at base? Well, almost everything. You sat grounded in the black office chair you were in just yesterday. Your head hung low as you listened to his lecture; at least, it was only verbal.

"So, let me get this straight. You opted to fuck the subject instead of getting the intel we needed?" R reiterated after you offered a brief explanation.

"It wasn't that I choose that over the latter. It was the best plan of action I had." You shot your head up as you tried to defend yourself. "Plus, I kinda got the intel..." Your voice dropped in volume as you could see the rage mixed with disappointment in his eyes as they bored down at you. He was pacing back and forth across the room, his suit jacket tossed over the back of his computer chair, and his long sleeve shirt rolled up to his elbows. You could see the words 'Fearless' tattooed into the skin of his forearm for the first time.

"You sent it to a news station! We don't know if they'll do anything about the information!" R swung his arm into the open air to vent his frustration, causing you to flinch. So much for your plan to drag Mono along; R didn't give you much choice.

"Look, my bad." You sighed as you shifted in your seat. "I can fix this." You held onto the arm of your chair as you looked over at him, trying not to let him give up on you and the place you had earned in the organization. You followed too many orders and done too much to fall back to your lowly place now. "I'll go back and finish the job." You just needed one more chance. Standing up from your seat, you took in a slow breath.

"No," R growled as he turned his sights on you, causing your eyes to widen. "You decided to screw the target instead of killing them." He began to stalk closer, his long legs quickly closing the distance between you. He looked like a lion going in for the kill.

You stumbled back, kicking over the black chair you once sat upon as you slowly retreated. You were at a disadvantage here, just like last time. You were trying to play the good little follower, but he was literally cornering you. Holding your hand up, you directed your palm out to him, motioning for him to stop, but it did nothing.

"I said I could fix this!!" You screamed. You were hoping it wouldn't come to this. You quickly ran out of space to run, and your back hid the closest wall, the section between his two large pane windows. You nudged the potted plant out of your path as you tried to become one with the wall and evade him.

"If you can fuck someone instead of killing them, then I can do the same." R growled as he grabbed your outstretched hand and latched his fingers around your wrist. In a swift motion, he raised it and slammed your wrist against the wall you had backed yourself into. The gesture was so quick you barely had time to register the action.

Your eyes popped open wide at what you just heard. Panic coursed through your veins as your face distorted to showcase your rebellion. You raised your free hand and quickly reached for his throat. You wrapped your fingers around his flesh as your palm jammed into his windpipe. R swiped his hand under yours and brought his forearm to the bend of your elbow as he swiped it outward, causing you to lose your grip. His free hand was at your jaw in a split second, clenching it tightly.

"Are you serious right now?!" You yelled as he held you in his vise grip. His fingers dug into your cheeks as you held your face painfully tight.

"You're going to make up for your mistake." His voice hissed from his throat. You thrashed against his grasp and tied to break free, but despite the absence of rippling muscles, he had a strength about him that was unlike anything you'd experienced before.

You slapped your hand on his shoulder and tried to shove him back, but he was already at arm's length. You bit down on your lip, trying to put as much force as possible in your actions, but it was like the wind trying to break the mighty oak tree. He shot forward, capturing your lips as he suffocated you with his kiss. His tongue quickly forces its way into your mouth. He was serious.

You hummed, still resisting his force as you shimmed your body, trying to use anything to get free. This was madness; he was clearly out of his mind. His hand released your jaw and wrist; his hands shot down to your sides. You felt his fingers grip the top of your dress and yank at the fabric as he forced it down; it pooled at your waist, where it loosened. He gripped both ends and pulled out roughly; you heard the red fabric rip into pieces as it left your frame. Your hands shot to his shoulder as you desperately tried to shove him back and turn from his kiss but to no avail.

Finally, he released your lips and went in for your neck as his hands trailed further south. He wrapped his arms around your back, trapping the zipper of your skirt between his fingers as he yanked it down. Your headshot to the ceiling, ready to scream, but as you took in a breath, you felt his teeth roughly sink into the skin of your neck. You gasped for breath as your eyes threatened to pop from their sockets. Your body shook his hold, riddled with fear and adrenaline as it ran rapidly in your blood.

Your skirt pooled on the floor by your bare feet. R's thick lips sucking at your skin, leaving a mark behind, much different than the choke bruise he assaulted your skin with last time. Your nails dug into the fabric of his white collar shirt, digging them deeply as you tried to inflict pain.

"R..." You called out, trying to wake him from his madness, to bring him back to his senses. The single letter hitched in your throat as you tried to regulate yourself, to reason. This entire situation was insane. You frantically wanted to regain your control. No matter how stubborn or prideful you were, a part of you worried for your life in his hands.