Chapter 70

Something about the way carpet scrapped across the bottom of Louis Vuitton heals made you feel unsettled. That odd grainy feel sent vibrations through your legs and up your spine as you focused on your balance. The dark lavender carpet fit the night clubs aesthetic, it almost looked back in the violate neon lights. A chauffeur escorted the two of you away from the bustling club scene that was the dance hall. Bodies rolled and swayed to upbeat music. You could see girls with eyes filled with thirst and lust work their bodies against boys who wanted nothing more than to get their stick wet. Women in a verity of expensive cocktail dresses and men in laid back formal attire. This place was one of the more upscale clubs in Stocgate, the young and wealth congregated here often for a night of belligerent fun.

It was the belligerent crowd that you were being led from, Seojoon didn't seem like the party type and despite popular belief, you weren't a fan of crowds of drunkards. The club had a notorious reputation for streetwalkers to get good nights pay from lonesome and wealthy men in the backrooms of the building - which is where you were headed. It caused irritation to linger on your skin like salt at the idea of falling into the statistic, but then again it was nothing more than a ploy. You were playing a part after all.

The young man - donned in a black vest, black tie, and white button-up shirt - reached the refurbished victorian door and clasped his nervous hand around the knob. Pushing it open you were met with a quiet scene. White walls tinted in hues of pink and purple from the neon lights. A sectional black leather sofa tucked into the corner with stripped red and black throw pillows scattered was an inviting escape from your aching feet. You were flagged in first followed by Seojoon. You let your feet carry you closer to the couch before grounding yourself and taking in your surroundings. You focused on any entrances or exits within the private room - to which only one was found, the door you came in. A small pit formed in your stomach, but the hit couldn't possibly take place here. There were too many people lingering about. Once again, you had to play the long hall.

Seojoon and the host exchanged a few words before being directed to the wall just behind the door. Illuminated shelves housed mountains of various size bottoms. Liquids ranging from the finest of wines to the strongest of bourbons. The last place you had seen such verity was Seokjin's house. At least you could pass the time with a strong bottle of heaven. Bending yourself, you lowered down to the couch and set your clutch purse down on the round glass coffee table in front of the couch. The maddening sounds of dance music and cheering voices were silenced with the shut of the door after the host's departure. You pressed the heal of your palms into the slick fabric and leaned forward as you flashed a smile in Seojoon's direction.

"So--" Tilting your head to the side your feathered brunette bangs hooded your eyes. "Are you going to pour a girl a drink?" Raising a palm you waved it lifelessly in the air for effect. "No need to be ginger with the alcohol percentage either." Your painted lips grew thinner as your smile spread wider. It was so much harder to act natural overplaying an exaggerated part. A silent reminder was whispered before you opened your mouth to be mindful of your words.

"Are you hoping to spend the entirety of our time together inebriated?" Seojoon questioned as his vein filled hands moved to his sleeves. Skillfully he began to roll the fabric to expose his forearms as to not get them dirty. He turned his attention to the wall of liquor and began to survey the selection.

"Not the entire time." A soft chuckle rumbled from deep in your chest, causing your shoulders to bounce as you let your playful side surface. "Liquor loosens the lips." Matter-of-factly you stated as you released the couch and allowed yourself to scoot back in your seat. "We're spending three days together. Sue me for hoping to get to know you a little bit better." Raising your right leg up you let your heal flick in the air before crossing over your opposing leg, your deep red dress riding a bit higher up your thighs.

"I will not tell you anything I wouldn't say sober." His large hand reached for a bottle of caramel liquid as his other fingered two round bottom glasses and headed over toward you. He placed the glasses down beside the bottom on the coffee table before taking a seat a few feet from you. As his body hit the leather his thumb worked skillfully at the cap on that bottle of whiskey, popping it off and letting it roll away without a care. His body contorted forward, leaning as he filled each glass about halfway.

"Maybe not." You shrugged as you lean toward the coffee table. Pulling the top of the ice bucket you snagged the metal tongs and fished out a few pieces of crystal clear ice to drop into each glass. "But maybe you'd be more inclined to share more detailed depictions of what you're passionate about."

Grabbing each glass you passed one to Seojoon as you leaned back into your seat with your own, nursing it between painted nails. Purposely you leaned yourself in Seojoon's direction hoping to close the gap between your frames with time, you had to make him feel comfortable in your presence as to get his guard to lower. You were just thankful the scent of his cologne was welcoming, such a rustic yet floral scent. It was hard to find the combination of a beautiful man that smelled like heaven.

"Oh, like what?" He tilted the rim of his glass toward his lips as he swallowed down the first shot of strong whiskey, his adam's apple bouncing with a swallow as his charcoal eyes lingered on your decorated face.

"Like..." You chewed on your words for a moment in thought, taking the time to chase the thought with a waterfall of whiskey. You cradled the glass in your lap, letting your nails scrap the cold surface, a sigh leaving your lips in satisfaction. " What made you want to start your business?" Your shoulders bounce in a harmless shrug, playing the question off as a simple ice-breaker - which it was. The inner workings of his business, why he started it, what it did in it, none of that mattered to you. No matter what he had done or his motives - he was still going to end up just another beautiful body on the pile of corpses you had collected for R.