Chapter 60

The temptation was thick. It lingered on your tongue in such a matter that it prevented your speech, but just as temptation knocked on your door - doubt broke the door down. Anything involving that organization - anything connected to R - it all seemed like a trick. Some parlor game that people were playing in attempts to catch you in a fuck up. Perhaps this was just another test by R. Was he trying to see if you'd get to close or too physical with an alliance of the organization. Did Seokjin report back to him? How deep did their connection run? You'd be damned if you'd end up a pawn piece in the end - not again.

At the same time, it was desire. The desire to make your own choices without the fear of backlash from a man who deemed you his property just because you did his bidding... Perhaps his term of 'property' ran even deeper than that. Did R feel like he owned you? Owned your actions and what you were free to do? If that was the case, it only added coal to the fire of desire that was burning deep in your stomach - though most would call that spite. The two danced dangerously inside of you.

"You work for him..." A heaving breath left your lips as Jin's eyes never broke from your gaze. "I feel like you're just playing me like some naive chick." Your upper lip curled in a snarl as your anger began to shine through your eyes. "I won't be a pawn in your sick head games with that bastard."

"Kitten." He quickly followed up after your hissing remarks. "I work for no one." His words boomed with a sense of power, it seemed as though you had struck a nerve. "You think I got all this because of him?" His eyes drifted from your face as he took a quick glance around the spacious indoor pool room. "I work for myself, I own my business and my business is just that- mine."

Your jaw clenched as you sealed your lips. Your gaze averted to the side, focusing on the shimmering water as it danced just behind your glued frames. You couldn't let go of the feeling - the feeling that this was all still just some mind game. It'd be preposterous to deny that Jin didn't offer some type of escape from what had become your life, and you knew part of you enjoy that. That it was that reason that you ended up here tonight.

"Listen to me." Jin ripped you from your thoughts as he reached out and snatched your jaw in his gasp. He didn't hold you tightly, not with the possession that you had felt before. He guided your eyes back to his with a pull of your jaw, it was a firm grasp but one that lingered with sensibility. You could have pulled away if you had wanted. "If you're looking to escape from whatever it is you're dealing with in that house, there is no place better then here." His amber coal colored eyes offered up a hard stare while his lids hung softly. His fingers slipped from your skin, releasing your face as his left hand began to loosen its grip on your hip.

"I won't proclaim myself a savor, nor will I made grand claims that I can be whatever it is you feel like you may need now, but--" Jin placed a foot onto the wall of the pool and gave himself a push as he began to inch back from your body, finally allowing you some room to brief. His arms sprawled out beside himself as he began to backstroke from you. "What I will offer, however, is an escape." He distanced himself a few feet as his shoulders bounced in a lazy shrug. "The type of escape I offer is up to you to decide, Kitten..." Without any further words, Jin turned from you and began to swim toward the center of the pool.

His words left you motionless for a moment, still debating so heavily within yourself. The way his body rolled as he swam from you, the intensity yet seemingly sincere words left you questioning. You couldn't trust him, not truly. You questioned his integrity. Pressing the heel of your foot into the wall of the pool you unglued yourself from the wall and swam softly after Jin. Each inch felt like a mile. You wanted it, you wanted what he offered even if you weren't sure exactly what it was that offer was or what the consequences of taking it would lead to.

Reaching you, you grabbed onto Jin's porcelain skin before he could venture too far. With that single touch, you knew you had thrown rationality from the window and instead focused only on the fact that you were making a choice for yourself. A choice Jin could have retracted, yet he put all the balls in your court and let you come to your own decision. The small action was all you needed to throw concern from your mind. Who gave a damn of the consequences? Who cared if R found out? Who was he to tell you what you were able to do or say? It was the first time in months you had felt like yourself again. That rebellious woman who made her own choices in life had surfaced back and set fire to the inferno inside your soul that made you who you were.

"Just for tonight..." You uttered softly as Jin turned to the side from your touch. His dark chocolate eyes narrowing in anticipation for your words, though they widened the slightest amount who he had heard you finally speak. "You said you'd help me forget, didn't you?" A tightness overcame your chest as your fingers began to slip from his skin. You wondered if you had angered him by questioning his allegiance with R. You wondered if he'd still stick to his offer. Those wondering thoughts answered quickly.

Jin spun around, swishing his arms in the water as he moved to face you. Floating near the center of the pool in the dim hue of the underwater lights, the two of you just stared. The distance grew shorter and shorter in agonizing seconds that took longer then you'd have liked. Jin's eyes drank you in, cascading over your wet skin and samerged frame for a moment before one of his hands snaked from the water for a second time. He grabbed ahold of your chin, tilting it upward as he got within grasping distance. His second hand slithered around your waist, using only his stretching legs to keep the two of you float as he limited access to your arms.

"That's my kitten..." He whispered so softly that it was barely audible. The words never the less reached your ears and through them. You felt a shiver travel up your spine, sure that Jin had felt it too as his hand rested just above your tail bone.

"Just for tonight." You repeated again, which earned a show-stopping smile from the other party. You'd be his, only for one night. His grin was infectious and caused a playful smirk to curl at the corner of your lips just the gesture was wiped from your lips.

Jin skyrocketed his face forward as his hand left your chin and slipped to the side of your neck. You felt his fingers curling into your short blue locks of hair just before his plump lips met yours in an intoxicating kiss. You swallowed your empty throat just before you felt his tongue graze against your lips in a request for access. A deep inhale entering your lungs as you parted your lips and allowed his invasion.

You couldn't allow your hands to just float uselessly by your side. Raising them, your fingers grazed across his forearms before traveling to his thick biceps and giving them a squeeze of approval just before you slip one of your arms higher to hook around his neck. Your body curled into his as his arm tightened around your waist. The weight of your soaked clothes began to feel bothersome and the feeling of his wet slacks didn't help your irritation. You should have just stripped yourself down to your bra and panties when you removed your stockings, however, then you'd have just given the bartender an unnecessary show while you had waited and you weren't just a trip trick.

Jin's kiss began to travel, leaving your lips as they trailed over your cheek and quickly moving to the soft skin of your neck. A heavy sigh left you in a soothing wave. Your head rolled back. Nails scraping every so slowly over his shoulder blades as he softly assaulted your skin with feathering kisses that worked the length of your neck.

"Get me out of these clothes."