Chapter 68

The dinner conversation was borderline insanity, only in the fact that it was incredibly hard to keep your eyes open or even pretend that you gave a damn at what the two men bantered back and force about. You spent your time sipping at your fourth glass of wine and nonchalantly eye-fucking your companion for the evening when he wasn't paying attention to you - which happened to be for the last hour.

The meals that scattered the table were long gone, almost no one finishing their food. Future Mrs likely only picked at her salad in attempts to keep her 'figure' and appear more appealing to the millionaire that she was trying to win overplaying that long hall for the ring she was promised. The men two wrapped in conversation to pay attention to their plates while you, you just preferred the wine. The waiter had taken away the abandoned plates and inwardly you hoped this dinner would be over soon. 

Setting your glass down you released a heavy breath from your chest as your eyes fluttered slowly in your boredom. Much to your dismiss, the gesture didn't go unnoticed as Mr. Richards turned his head in your direction. 

"Do you think differently?" The man abruptly questioned, his eyes glaring across the table. Clearly you offended him in some matter despite the fact that the gesture wasn't even directed at him. Leave it to a millionaire to think everything was about them. 

Your brows raised in false surprise, looking between the two men as you shifted in your seat. Fuck. You couldn't offend Seojoon's business partner, but at the same time, this was out of your range of abilities. Admittedly, you hadn't been paying attention to a single bit of their conversation and had zoned out. 

"I'm sorry." You cleared your throat as you shifted your gaze between the men. "About what?" You forced a smile as you tried to play off the remark as sweet and light-hearted without offended the stranger any further. 

Deep bellowing laughter erupted around you as Mr. Richards all but threw his head back in jest at your expense. Your head cocked back slightly as your gaze shifted toward Mr.Park, as if questioning what the hell was going on via a simple exchange of glances. Admittedly, you were clueless to the conversation prior but the fact that you were now being laughed at didn't help your false pleasantries. 

"Never ask women advice about business. Am I right, Mr. Park?" Richards chuckled as he attempted to bond with Seojoon of the 'stupidity' of women. His eyes creasing and his insanely bleach white teeth capping just above his tongue. You wished he'd bite down and swallow that vile thing in his throat. 

Was it possible to exchange hits? Mr. Richards sounded like a much better target. As much as you wished he'd bite his own tongue off, you were forced to bite your own instead. Reaching for your glass you yanked it to yourself as your eyes shifted down. Fucking rich assholes. The female across from you tried to make herself seem smaller in her seat, like an already battered housewife. 

"I can not say that I say I share the same sentiment..." Seojoon's voice radiated a sense of deadness as if Mr. Richards had successfully drained the life from the conversation. Sitting up straight, Seojoon grabbed ahold of the arms of the chair and pushed it back an inch. Oh, finally. This snooze-fest was over. Taking in a breath, you went to mimick Mr. Park's actions and stand with him when the most pretentious man of the year spoke a final time. 

"Why is that?" Of course, he'd want to turn this into some highschool debate instead of just taking the hint that his misogynistic tone wasn't being appreciated. Mr. Richard's wrinkled hand wrapped around his glass of scotch as his Harvard university ring clicked against the glass as if in clout. 

You let your body flop back down in your seat with an irritated sigh. Your hands folded in front of your lap, shoulders straightening as you locked your gaze on the ignorant man. Perking your painted lips in an indifferent smile you licked your lips softly before opening your beautifully dangerous mouth. 

"Perhaps because there are quite a few inventions that are still used in the modern time that would not be made available if not for female business practices and intelligence." Your head shifted softly to the side, brunette locks chasing your movements as you widened your grin, readying for a zesty conversation that you simply wanted out of spite. 

"I highly doubt--" 

"The medical syringe." You cut him off as your shoulders bounced, trying to play your brash tone of as less aggressive. "Central heating." You shrugged your shoulders as your nose scrunch as you listed two important inventions created by the world's finest female mines. 

"Well, that's only two out of--" 

"Oh. I'm not done, sweety." Batting your lashes you turned your head as you shifted in your seat.  Raising a polished nail you pointed up toward the corner of the outdoor patio area. You gestured toward a camera pointed in your dining area's direction before whipping your head back at Mr. Richards. "CCTV was also invented by a woman." You said with the sweetest smile as your hand returned to your lap. "I'm sure this is something that's available and used regularly at your home and business, a device that helps keep you and your money safe." 

Richard's jaw clenched as his hand tightened around his glass in irritation. "A woman was the firs the create a computer algorithm that controls almost every aspect of our daily lives." Once again you pointed your finger to his smartphone that laid face down on the table next to his glass of whiskey. "And it was also a woman who created the first wireless communication technology that gave birth to what you know today as Wifi." 

Letting a soft giggle escape your lips your smile widening into a more dangerously pleasant grin. "It was also a woman who invented the bullet-proof Kevlar that the security you hire likely wear to protect your oh-so fragile masculinity." Reaching for your glass of wine you quickly chased your words with the remainder of your expensive wine as you finished off the glass. Roughly you slipped it back onto the table before pushing your legs in as you rose to your feet. 

"It's also strongly believed that a woman also invented beer." You stated as you clasped your hands in front of yourself. "Perhaps you should have a few once you finished with your whiskey, it might loosen that stick logged so deeply in your behind." Your eyes shot toward Mr.Park for a brief moment, not long enough to gauge if you had just royally fucked your entire assignment up or not but long enough to exit the conversation. "Now, if you excuse me. I'm going to go 'powder' my nose." With a nod, you turned on your expensive black heals and began to head from the dining table. 

Taking in a deep breath you swiftly left the conversation behind as you headed back into the restaurant and for the washroom. Inwardly, you began to second guess your little outburst. There was a high probability that you just tanked the entire mission over some women's empowerment moment. Raising your hand you pressed your fingers into your temple as you circled the area. You could already feel the consequences you'd receive from R. Damn it...