Chapter 36

The day had gone by the time you returned from Seokjin's house. Taehyung was gone for the night. Probably best for his face because part of you intended on denting it.

Now it was a new day, and a restful slumber had diminished your rage to some extent, but then again, you were the type to hold a grudge. Getting up, you readied for the day. You dressed to the nines since you had been informed that you'd be working that night via a text message on your newly purchased phone.

"Dress to impress. Assignment tonight at 8 p.m. Meet by the entrance by 7:45. -R"

It seemed like him. Purchase a burner phone, then make sure he is the only one with your number. You were his lackey, after all. After putting the volume on silent, you tucked the phone away into your clutch. You'd have to recollect other numbers later since he took your last phone from you to replace it. How did he expect you to contact the driver if he continued to switch your phones out without programming their numbers inside? Dick.

You opted for a slim black dress with a slightly ruffled flair at its end. The bust was open wide, the slit tracing your sternum, allowing more to flaunt. Lace was used for the shoulder and inner bust trim. A black strap resembling a leash traveled from the bottom of the bust, opening to your neck and wrapping around like a choker. Lastly, you opted for gold pumps accentuating the shimmering dirty blonde locks you donned as your wig.

Your makeup was natural, with warm tones and cool browns to make your discolored eyes pop. A pair of hazel contacts could do wonders to change an appearance. Your lips were painted a soft pink with your overly expensive tint. You were ready to go by 7:30.

Grabbing a clutch purse and your favorite small pistol on your way out, you hurried down the stairs to meet at the entrance as requested. Your false hair bounced across your shoulders and rolled down your back with the faint curl you had given it. You wondered what the assignment would be.

Reaching the end of the stairs, you were met by two bodies. The sight of platinum blonde quickly caused your stomach to drop. Sure, you expected to see him, but the sight of him still served to tighten your nerves. And the other? The jet-black hair quickly threw you off. Raising a brow, you continued forward, but you assumed the click of your heels gave away your presence. Both bodies turned around, slapping you with a dreaded sight.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" You questioned as you tossed your empty hand toward Taehyung, directing your question towards R. You weren't sure which man you hated more; scratch that. You knew.

"He'll be accompanying you on the assignment," R stated as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his dark grey slacks. He wore a three-piece suit, and though he lacked the jacket, he replaced it with a slightly lighter grey vest. His sleeves were rolled up to show his marked arms and muscular limbs.

"I thought we were past the need for me to have a babysitter?" You questioned as your expression fell. Your glare was cast toward Taehyung.

"You're lucky you're being assigned to anything after the shit storm you made out of the Mayer case." Taehyung so shamelessly pointed out with a snarl of his lip. He was dressed similarly to R; his suit was neat and pressed, wearing the entire ensemble - clad in coll grey that complimented his now dark hair.

"Fuck you!" You barked, taking a step forward. You readied to close the distance between the two of you and knock those pretty teeth of his down his throat.

"I don't fuck dogs." Taehyung quickly retorted without even so much as a bat of his lashes. He turned his head toward R, attempting to ignore your existence.

"Well, at least your bitch ass backed down on the blue hair." Your eyes rolled back in your skull as you tucked your arms under your bust.

"With a little less hostility, you two almost sound like a married couple." R finally chimed in as he looked between you. "Sadly though, I don't need to a married couple, I need lovers."