Chapter 66

Offering up his arm, you slipped from your chair and melted into his side as the two of you headed for the hotel's room exit, much to your surprise. A brow raised as the cool night air touched your exposed skin and caused goosebumps to lift. Damn, you didn't plan for such a cold night. Clenching your jaw, you focused on ignoring it as your eyes drifted in Seojoon's direction. 

"So, where are we headed?" You opted to ask directly. Your fingers curled into the curve of his arm as you stayed close. Your strides having to extend in attempts to keep up with his speed, the benefits of having such long legs. Admittedly, the scent of his cologne brought a sense of calm to your once taut nerves. 

"There is a business dinner I have to attend." He answered all the while keeping his eyes on the sidewalk ahead. You assumed the restaurant was within walking distance, there was no way this man that extruded wealth didn't know a multitude of cars or a string of on-call drivers. "Do you mind joining me?" His melancholy voice questioned. Was that rhetorical? 

"Of course." A soft giggle left from your lungs as you pointed your chin down in attempts to play bashful before raising your head back up to meet his gaze with a sweet smile. "Anything you want, Mr. Park." You added, establishing the control he had in this situation. Men who bought their company wanted just that. They wanted the control and power that came with owning a woman even if it was only for a night or two. 

Your words seemed to strike a cord as Seojoon suddenly stopped walking, causing you to jerk back and raise your brows in question. You took in a quick breath as your head tilted to the side, your long locks of chocolate brown hair swaying to a stop behind your back. Your hand loosened its grip on his arm as you began to reevaluate what you had just said. 

"Let's establish some ground rules." Seojoon pulled back his arm, releasing your grasp as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his slacks and left you abandoned. Shit. Did you fuck up? 

Grabbing ahold of your clutch bag, you brought it in front of yourself and offered an obedient nod of your head before offering him up your full attention. Clearly there was something wrong in your assumptions and you had to figure out the issue and quickly resolve the problem before he dismissed you as his company for the weekend. 

"I've paid for your time, but I'm not paying for a 'bot'." His shoulders flexed under that baby blue shirt as he rolled them back. "If I wanted company that was going to obey every command and response with such bland replies I would have gone to the nearest Starbucks and picked up the first girl I saw." 

Mascara coated lashes waved in a surprised blink as you averted your gaze in genuine embarrassment for a moment. Your false hazel eyes wandered the crowded street before settling back on Mr. Park. Your teeth sinking into your bottom lip. Damn it, how could you read the situation wrong? 

"Please do not devalue yourself by pretending to be the girl you assume I want as a companion." his words caused your eyes to round for a second before settling back down. Surely he doesn't understand what he's asking for. Fake was your entire job, but perhaps you were too stiff and it caused him to be uncomfortable. Taking in a breath, Seojoon added quickly after "Just act as genuine as you'd like, but no need to play the perfect little princess." 

Princess? Oh hell. You followed suit and quickly filled your lungs with a breath. Your eyes rolled back and your head following the motion before you whipped your attention back at him. You smeared the overly sweet girl from your features and let the corner of your lips perk into a mischievous smile. Your hand shifted to your hip as you forced your weight onto one side. This time you beamed a more genuine smile in his direction. 

"Well, I'm in trouble if you decide you don't like the 'real' me." You lost the higher pitch tone of voice and let your vocal cords mellow out in a more soothing manner. To hell with that perky little princess then. "Do you have any other rules for me, Mr.Park?" You asked directly as you held your distance. 

"Only one." He took a long step forward as he closed the distance between your frames. His eyes seemed to lack emotion, so straight forward and blank but there held a mystery behind those dark caramel eyes. "Try and have some fun." 

Your cheeks perked as your smile widened, once again your eyes rolled with attitude. Your tongue escaped your lips to moisten your words before they left you. Removing your hand from your hip you brought it up toward his well-sculpted face. You tapped your index finger against his curved nose. 

"That ball is in your court, baby." You chuckled as you pulled your hand back and shifted your bag before your palms before stepping to the side. "I think it'll be a very interesting weekend." Holding out your spare hand you offered it up to him for him to take. "Don't disappoint me, okay?" 

Finally, his stone-like features cracked as a smile crept across his plump lips. Extending his hand he placed it into yours and quickly wrapped his fingers around your palm. Taking a step forward he began to walk again and this time you had no issue keeping up with his stride. You walked with more confidence, a sense of power that you normally don't let show with clients as it came off as too intimidating to a man that saught after control. Your hips swayed softly with each step causing your curves to roll like ocean waves, your brunette locks bouncing behind your back as you walked alone side Mr. Park instead of just cowering beside him. 

Despite the clear line that was drawn where you stood in your connection with Mr. Park, only the two of you knew it. Eyes drifted to the both as you waltzed down the street. You simply looked like a highly powerful couple that oozed wealth and fame. Envious eyes of men glued to your bare legs and shoulders while gawking eyes of lesser women wondered of Seojoon's stalky frame. 

For a moment, you lost yourself in a fantasy. You questioned - this lifestyle - could it have ever been yours? A powerful businesswoman who won over a handsome executive. A life filled with love, lust, passion, travel, and wonder. If you had forgotten who your family really was if you rebelled against the truth in attempts to be a better woman. If you went to college instead of the streets and tried to become one of those beautiful 'book smart' women. Could you have ended up like this? Living this type of life that was more safe and secure? 

One thing was for sure, that life was out of reach now. It could be nothing more than a fantasy. You were into deep to change pace now. You couldn't just erase the lives you've ended. You couldn't take back the destruction you've caused, the lives you've ruined. Not even witness protection could save you now. You were a claimed pawn, nothing in this world could hide you from R's control. At least for tonight, you could play a fantasy. Pretend to live a better life then you'd ever have, just for the night.