Chapter 16

Rolling up to yet another million-dollar mansion, scattered with well-dressed people mingling out front as they made their way inside. You couldn't help but be reminded of the last lavish party you attended and successfully managed to get drugged and kidnapped. The driver wandered around the pure white stretch limo to grab the silver-plated handle. He popped it and let the door fly open. You kicked out your golden track heels as you flared out the lower pair of your cherry red dress. 

You grabbed onto the driver's hand and offered a smug smirk as you let your height unfold as soon as you hit the pavement, stretching to a height that almost towered his due to your spiked five-inch heels. You released his hand as he placed it on the door and leaned behind you to slam it shut, his face nearing your shoulder as he offered a silent whisper. 

"You better be careful," Jungkook whispered, having been prevented from drinking with the other guys to serve as your driver to the event. 

"Don't tell me you're worried about me, Baby boy~?" You hurried back silently before flashing your eyes up to the mansion; the last thing you needed was anyone seeing you having a daring conversation with your driver to raise suspicion. 

"Slightly," Jungkook admitted as he folded his arms in front of himself, stood stoically, and kept his gaze forward, not meeting your eyes as he played the part of a professional driver. 

Reaching into your red clutch bag, you pulled out a twenty-dollar bill. Turning to Jungkook, you raised the bill to the breast pocket of his off-brand suit that was used to mimic class but lacked the label, just one more way to fool the masses. Jungkook didn't care about expensive suits like Hoseok or Taehyung. The high collar helped to cover his tattooed skin from view, though you'd have much preferred to see them instead. You slipped the bill inside and gave his firm chest a gentle pat. 

"If you were worried about me, you should have accompanied me to my room earlier instead of leaving me to collect another job." Your painted lips spread thin as you chuckled under your breath. "A girl has to stay entertained somehow.~" You hissed lowly. Twisting your head from him quickly, letting your blonde locks swing in his direction. You opted for a wig today, seeing as the daughter you were supposed to be playing was birthed by two blonde hair, white-privileged parents. A pair of blue contacts popped in your eye sockets to add effect. 

You heard Jungkook scuff and could see him shaking his head in disbelief at your brash nature, but you left him behind.  With your purse clasped between gold-flaked nails and a section of your red dress in the other, you made your way toward the palace. You could feel the cool breeze of the night brush against your exposed midriff. You opted for an elegant but outstanding red dress, split horizontally, as the top and bottom didn't connect. The skirt stretched to the floor and raised high to cover half your stomach. Your top covered only your breasts and perked them up to a perfect height that let them flaunt. Wide straps around your biceps offer a flare of style. It was a modern look mixed with a sexual appeal. 

You tucked the silky wig fibers behind your ear as you put on a timid aura; you had to act like the daughter of a wealthy businessman and at least appear innocent on the surface to ensure you didn't come off strong. You reached the mansion's wide-open doors, slowly pulled the invite out of your purse, and handed it up to the doorman. 

"Mr. Yates?" He questioned as he looked over the invite with suspicion. 

"Yes. He is my father. We called a few days ago to let Mr. Mayers know I'd be coming in his stead since my father hasn't been feeling very well since his trip back from France." You spout your lies so beautifully and without flaw. A flutter of your long mascara-coated lashes in the man's direction, you waited for him to grant you entry as he seemed to hesitate. After a breath, he accepted your invitation and waved his hand, motioning for you to head in. 

"Thank you~," You said sweetly as you held your purse in front of yourself and wandered inside. You were quickly immersed into a crowd of people, all minging in the spacious foray. You let your eyes wide and doe-like, scanning the crowd. 

You knew this would be a more lengthy assignment than the rest. Unlike the trips with your brother, you couldn't just go in guns blazing. You had to wait for the perfect moment, know when to speak, how to play the cards around you, and when to sneak away without being noticed. You took a slow breath, your chest raised and fell with the gesture that caught a nearby man's attention. 

"My my... you look stunning, Ma'am." You heard a voice say to your left. Letting your gaze flicker toward him, faking surprise. 

"Oh..." You lowered your head and smiled bashfully. "Thank you." You forced your cheeks to heat to a soft tint of blush. You raised your head back up, smiling kindly at the unfamiliar face. "Kaitlyn Yates." You offered your hand to the man as your head tilted to the side. 

"Oh, Yates?" The man questioned as he quickly placed his hand into yours, letting his calloused fingers scrape against your palm, inwardly making you cringe. "Robert Yates's daughter?" As he questioned, you felt his thumb scrape against the back of your palm suggestively. 

"Yes." You widened your smile and offered a gentle nod of your head. Your blonde locks framed your face as you let your fake blue eyes stare at the man with an ignorant bashful nature that was drawing him in. 

"I didn't realize his daughter was so... beautiful." The man laughed lowly as his eyes bounced across your frame. "If I'd have known, I would have suggested we host more dinner parties at his home." The man said, only partly joking, fucking scum-bag. He looked to be twice your age; his hair was thin and patchy, his body pump and his suit fit two sizes too big to allow room for growth. "My name is Russell Baxter." He was finally introduced himself after so boldly flirting as if he had a chance.

"Oh, you're too sweet, Mr. Baxter." You said thanks, giving his hand a gentle shake before slowly slipping it from his grasp and bringing it back to yourself. You used both hands to clutch at your bag; you could feel the weight that confirmed your hidden firearm was just out of view of anyone looking, along with the one hidden up your thigh. 

"Please, call me Russell." He insisted with a beaming smile. You glanced at his right hand, seeing a silver band wrapped around his ring finger. You wondered if his wife was here to see this, though it was likely he left her safely tucked at home. She was likely happier with him gone. No doubt someone married him for the money. "Let me introduce you to some of the people here tonight." 

You opened your mouth to offer gratitude to him for the suggestion, but your words cut off as you felt his hand snake around your waist and plant at the small of your back. His fingers brushed against the exposed part of your skin, his fingers scraping your skin purposely. You inwardly rolled your eyes, but you didn't let your disgust show on your face. "I'd appreciate that."