Chapter 65

Tugging at the bottom of your marron dress you made sure it wasn't hiked to terribly high. Granted, it was no secret to the client what you were supposed to be. You were playing a glorified prostitute, he knew that and you knew your role. Never the less, you were to play the role of someone with high class. God forbid what would happen to your assignment if you walked in with a teased and overly hairspray perm. Thick red lips with fishnets over knee-high boots. You couldn't just appear to be some streetwalker walking into a ritzy hotel. 

You brushed your long, fake, brunette locks back over your shoulder as you let your chest be on display as the most prized cake at the bakery. Your body swayed softly from side to side, letting your hips shift and swish as you appeared to be nervous and impatient. Once again, this was the extent of your charm. Years of training and a manipulative mind lead to you this place. If you weren't good at what you did, R would have kept his threat.

A deep breath entered your lungs, letting a long look over the hotel lobby. Your red-bottomed heels clicking the shined black marble floor as you headed for the lounge area where Mr. Park had instructed you to wait for him. You weren't sure what this man looked like. You were offered no picture this time around, only a name. Your luck - he'd be someone three-hundred pounds overweight and smell of rotted pork. Granted, your past assignments hadn't been the worse looking, but you had to prepare for a worst-case scenario.

Finding a tall table with lengthy bar stools you slipped your clutch purse onto the surface. Your hand ran over the smooth cherry wood as you took a quick glance out the window and gauged your surroundings. You were in the wealthy part of Stocgate. The pedestrians that passed by your window were all clothed in designer brands with a cloud of entitlement that engulfed them.  Was this where the hit would take place? It was crowded, then again it was still early. This wasn't the best place to act out a killing, likely you'd have to do it more silently then you had originally planned.

With a sigh, you reached for the bar stool and pulled it out slowly before slipping into your seat. You kept your back to the room, facing the window as to hopefully avoid the gaze of security cameras. Your arms folded across the table, softly you scraped your painted nails across your leather clutch, biding your time. Your head filled with thoughts of the assignment. Trying to go over possible situations or outcomes to better predict how to handle them should they come to furnish. You were trying to focus on the task at hand.

Admittedly, your mind began to drift from the mission. Your eyes glazed over as something came to the forefront of your brain, R. Fingers trembling, shaking against the leather of your clutch. Rage riddled your nerves to such an extent that the air almost lingered with spice as your lungs burned.

He was now staking claim to you. Taking you as if you were a piece of meat to be owned and controlled. Ignorance lead you to believe that you were simply a pawn - no doubt - you were, but it ran so much deeper. You were enslaved. R said jump and you weren't even given the choice to ask how high. You simply just had to obey without question or flaw. His hand was still wrapped around your throat even in his absence. His dark brown eyes felt like they burned your skin even when he was nowhere in sight. The realization of this imprisonment was wearing at your sanity and driving you mad.

Your nails dragged harshly across the leather in a high grip as you tried to gain control of your emotions and force your focus back to the situations at hand. The only thing you could think at that moment was R's lifeless body at your feet. You craved it more than oxygen. Would you be willing to risk your life to take his? 

"Seojoon Park." A deep - honey-laced - voice interjected into your thoughts as a hand stepped beside your seated frame. You jerked at the sudden intrusion into your daydreaming and whipped your head in his direction.

Taking in a breath, you forced your composure as you laid contact colored hazel eyes on the man beside you. His large hand extended toward you, nearly reaching across the table as he attempted to be seen. He caught you dazing off and the look in those mahogany eyes told you he knew it. Your tongue escaped your lips and quickly ran over the painted skin as you swallowed your empty throat in genuine embarrassment.

A cough forced its way up to your throat as you quickly averted your eyes and forced yourself to enter back into character. A phony smile plastered on your lips as your eyes entered a crescent moon state with your beaming smile. You raised your head quickly, whispy brown bangs falling beside your face-framing your smile - as you met his gaze and quickly extended your hand.

"Mia Choe." You responded as your placed your palm into his. His fingers quickly engulfed your hand that paled in comparison to his in size. The warmth of his skin radiated your hand and woke you up to the fact that you were standing before your client.

You took in a moment to revaluate what it was you were working with. It took less than a second of gazing at his face to render you speechless. He was built like a demi-god. His frame was long and tall. Shoulders broad and strong. His hair was short and a deep chestnut brown. He wore a baby blue button-up shirt and black slacks that hung to his hips via an expensive black belt. His eyes narrowed and dripped into a well-sculpted nose that curved just right. Most defining however was his jawline that stretched all the way back. His face was chiseled and molded against his bones in such a pleasing way that if you weren't there to seduce him, you'd do so just on principle.

In your evaluation, you managed to lose track of your thoughts again. His skin was caramel kissed and oh did you want a taste. Picking up your jaw from its slacked state you quickly pulled back your hand after the brief shake he had offered. You cleared your throat a second time, this time quietly. Your arm folded against the table as you leaned closer to the solid frame and let your bust be pushed up a bit higher.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." You interjected from your mindset. It took you a few seconds to long to speak as if once again he had caught you daydreaming. Though this time for a more savory reason. This assignment was going to be more fun then you had thought. Who the hell was Namjoon again?