Chapter 67

It didn't take long before you reached the restaurant. Like a gentleman, Seojoon opened the door for you as a doorman waited just behind the glass door to bow in your direction. You were there to collect jackets and see people off to their seats, however, you had no garment to offer him. Straightening your figure you waited for the man to lead the two of you to your seats. Assuming Seojoon would need a second to give his name for a reservation, you took a look at the place you'd be dining.

It was a beautifully luxurious restaurant. How long had it been since you tasted fine wine under chandelier light with a handsome man? The idea of tasting a good bottle of Cabernet lingered on your lips and made your mouth water. The building smelt of warm vanilla and the traces of burning wood from the open fireplace near the center of the room. Each table was filled with older gentlemen in high-class suits and women in overly expensive cocktail dresses with obnoxious laughs. In attempts to rid your sight of the vexatious sight that was oblivious rich people, your eyes settled on a pair of open glass doors that lead out onto a veranda. You'd much rather sit out there. 

The sudden jerk of something from your hands quickly averted your attention back at your companion. Seojoon grabbed ahold of your maroon clutch without a word and began to pass it toward the doorman. Raising a brow you tilted your head in his direction. 

"You won't be needing it anyway." His lips perked in a devious smile of his own this time, one you weren't sure such emotionless features could produce. Was this his way of flaunting his wealth? Ass. Rolling your eyes, you dismissed the slight inconvenience. He wanted to feel power by spoiling you, so be it. 

It was unlikely the doorman would go through your bag. He'd find a variety of makeup products, which was nothing abnormal for a woman, though the tiny pocket pistol you packed as a just in case. It was barely under 4 inches so it didn't weigh much hence the lack of fear when he grabbed your bag. Never the less that'd be an interesting explanation should Seojoon or the doorman found your little hidden toy. Likely a simple 'I'm a defenseless woman on a first date' excuse would work wonders. 

"Excuse me?" Leaning forward a bit, you bypassed Seojoon's frame as you looked at the doorman with a charmingly sweet smile. He man's head whipped in your direction as he was attempting to gather up some menus for your table. "Is it possible we could get a table outside on the patio?" Straightening yourself up you shifted toward Seojoon as you reached for the collar of his shirt and began to straighten it out before giving his broad chest of soft pat. "I worry my date here might get a bit too 'hot' being locked inside." 

"Oh... Well your reservation was--" 

"You heard the lady." Seojoon interjected before the doorman could reject your request. A shooting glance of his dark burgundy eyes toward the man quickly seeled his lips. The man offered only a nod and a whispering 'Yes Sir.' before scrambling to gather up your menu's and gesture for the two of you to follow him. 

You once again hooked your arm into Seojoon's as you filtered your way through the dining room and headed for your destination. The man pulled out a chair from obligation and offered it to you as Seojoon waited politely for you to seat yourself first before he'd mimic the action. You were offered up menus and a wine list. Disregarding the menu your eyes traveled the list of exclusive and various wines, most of which had an alcoholic content of a toddler. 

Your waiter arrived and of course, looked to Mr. Park for order instead of addressing you directly. The hierarchy of men in this world was belittling but you'd be damned if you'd let yourself appear small when you were given permission to act more freely. 

"I'll take a glass of 1787 Chateau Lafite, please." Whipping your hand you offered the wine list back to the stunned male waiter as he reluctantly took the listing back. His eyes wandered over to Mr. Park, wondering if this choice was okay with him. Seeing as it was a bottle of wine that cost well over a hundred grand. 

"Make it two." Seojoon stated as he offered up his listing as well. Nodding his head, the waiter excused himself quickly and scurried away. Your eyes followed him as he rounded the table and disappeared into the dining room to head for the kitchen. You snitched softly under your breath before turning your attention back to Seojoon. 

"Can't make an educated order of your own, you had to copy mine?" You taunted in playful jest as your lashes fluttered in his direction. "How unremarkable." Your tongue clicked as you snagged one of the silk napkins from the table and softly waved it out before setting it gentle in your lap to help protect your maroon dress. 

"When a beautiful woman orders such a well-selected taste in wine, it's only complimentary to respect her intellect by giving it a try." Seojoon replied back without missing a beat, his brows laying flat as he kept his gaze anchored across the table. 

"You're full of shit, aren't you?" Boldly, you accused. You pressed your elbow into the armrest of the vintage, off white, grand Edwardian chair as you leaned toward him. A cheeky smile perking up your features as you gleamed in his direction. 

"Most defiantly." 

Such an honest response caused a collective batch of laughter to fill the empty air around the table as the two of you snickered at your exchange. As far as clients went, so far he was your favorite thus far. Seojoon came off as emotionless and cold, however, his chivalry and witty replies to such jest were inviting. There was a perky side hiding within him that you were now making it a personal mission to bring out. It was unclear if you were doing this out of your own curiosity or in attempts to get him to lower his guard. Likely, it was a bit of both. 

The light-hearted laughter was cut clean soon after as a well-dressed man and older woman began to approach your table. Clearly they were not employees of the establishment, he must have been the business associate that Mr. Park had mentioned you were there to meet. Respectfully, Seojoon stood as the man stopped in front of the table and you bent yourself in your seat in a graceful nod at his presence. 

"Mr. Richards." Seojoon addressed the man as he reached out for his hand in greeting. The man was far much older then Seojoon, by at least twenty years. This man was pushing his fifties, though he held his age relatively well. His hair was laced with gray along with his well-kept beard. If you were to guess, he wasn't from Stocgate. Likely a wealthy man trying to branch into some type of local business that he hoped to overthrow for his own gain. That's how it went in the world of corporate business. 

They exchanged names and greetings. Seojoon introduced you to Mr. Richards simply as your 'date' for the evening, a respectful way as to not label you. You were, in reality, a hired woman. There weren't too many elegant ways to explain that to someone, not to mention it was laced with shame to some elite people. Mr. Richards politely offered up the name of his fiance, though honestly, you were to busy judging her choice of clothing to even pay attention to what her name was. 

She wore a ruffled sleeve v-neck gown, colored in shimmering gold. Silver and Diamonds wrapped her neck, far to distracted for the tone of the cloth. The light of the room caused the diamonds to shimmer with an almost blue hue that did not match her gown. God only knew her heels were likely a worse match, but you were unable to see them from your seat. Her hair was golden, similar to her dress which through off the entire look. Her dark brown roots showing in such a way she likely assumed it was fashionable and offered her a look of antique royalty. 

Clearly she was many years younger than her fiance. Likely only with the man due to his wealth. She wasn't able to afford that kind of dress on her own, it at least a six grand gown. Gold diggers. Politely you smiled and bid her a pleasure. The two took their seats and the first order of business was ordering up food before the business was discussed and allowed time for a bit of small talk. 

Though Mr. Park wanted you to act more genuine, you knew the proper etiquette when it came to professional men. You kept small talk vague and didn't reveal too many details. Laugh at all the strang man's bad jokes and be overly generous with your compliments to his soon to be wife. 

You knew now why you didn't have this life. Why the fantasy you drifted off into moments prior could be only that. These people were plastered in plastic so much so that they likely didn't even know who they were. Manipulating people was easy but turning your life into plastic just for a boring life wasn't for you. Let's face it, you were where you belonged. It was messy, bloody, and broken, but it was your life. You made your bed, time to lie in it.