Chapter 53

You quickly shook the gun from your grasp and dropped it to the floor. Unglueing yourself from the floor you leaped over the hostage and rushed for Jimin's side. You killed him, Jesus fuck, you killed him! You barreled through the carnage that your comrade had created and flung yourself to the floor beside his body. Your hands slapped down on the floor near his face before taking his chin in your grasp and yanking his head left and right, looking for the bullet hole.

You began to try and think of excuses, any reason to pull the heat off yourself and somehow blame this on someone else. It was survival, you couldn't die by the hands of this organization after all you had done to stay afloat there! You couldn't just lay down and let them kill you for murdering a sociopath. Maybe you could plant a gun on the hostage, say he was carrying and defeated himself than kill him saying you were just seconds too late? Would that work?

Of course it wouldn't fucking work. R had eyes in the sky and a superhuman ability to know what you were going to do before you did it! Plus, you already called him, he knew the situation you had been in... He'd never believe that lie.

In your panic, you couldn't find the bullet hole. Where was he shot then? Chest? His white shirt was still perfectly clean... There was no bullet hole.

Fuck.

Just as you realized the man you thought you had mistakenly killed was in fact, not dead. He began to move. His lips perked before mishappening themselves into a crooked smile. Those lips parted and began to let out an unholy bit of laughter that made you kinda wish that the previous bullet was aimed at you instead of the drywall. This was so much worse than a bullet wound, it was Taewon...

His dark eyes sprang open, causing you to flinch and shift back onto your rear end in surprise. He followed you with through eyes of insanity, that grin of his only getting bigger. You had never had to deal with Taewon personally, only seeing the last few minutes of his last aftermath which was borderline nightmarish.

You took in a staggering breath and tried to remember what R had told you. Your fingers curled against the corse grey office carpet and your heart was doing acrobats in ways that made you feel sick. First, it's racing then it's stopped, you were surely going to have congestive heart failure one day.

Jimin began to sit up, rolling over onto one side before pushing his upper body off the ground. He rose like a corpse coming straight from the grave, you could hear his bones crack and pop in such an ungodly way that made you want to vomit. You swallowed the lump in your throat and tried to erase the stupid gleam of terror from your face. Your brows frowned before your jaw tightened.

"About time." You muttered under your breath. "Thought you were going to keep a girl waiting!" You barked out a bit louder. If there was an award for best actress if you didn't win you'd need to shoot the judges. "I've been waiting for nearly an hour!" You added, forcing your voice to whine like a child's. "I wanted to play..." You pouted.

"Play?" Jimin questioned as his blonde locks displaced his demonic hues. His tongue snaked from his lips and dragged across them in a slithering manner. "You want to... play... with me?" He asked, hesitation between his words. Was he doubting you or was he just surprised? He was insane! It was hard to tell.

"Duh!" You said, letting your tongue flop from your lip before you swiftly rolled to your side and slithered from him. Scambling you got to your feet, a bit of wobble in your step which was unintentional but tried to play it off as it was.

You let your eyes dance over Jimin's frame for a minute, letting them rest on no set objective. You were laying the crazy down as thick as you knew how. Thankful;y you spent plenty of years in an asylum so you knew what it generally looked like.

"Come, Come..." You muttered, shifting yourself you began to almost skip toward your taken hostage that was starting to wiggle about on the floor. You hissed as your tongue slithered between your teeth. You reached the man and quickly grabbed him by the hair once again. He was brought back to his knees and his head leaned against your chest as you crouched to the ground. You stared down into a sea of dark blue ocean eyes that were riddled with fear for his own life.

"Please... Please don't do this" He whispered as he stared up at you, his words incapable of being any more sincere. "I'll do anything, please!" He yelled up at you, pleading for his life as tears began to stream from his eyes.

"Shhhhhh...." You whispered as you ran the tips of your fingers across his lips slowly. "Dead men don't speak, only killers do~" You forced your voice into a purring allure, perhaps old habits died hard. Admittedly you were more used to seducing your targets over threating them. Your voice slithered from your lips. Jimin began to inch closer in his own curiosity, crawling oddly a few feet before managing to stand up. His head fell to the side, blonde locks cascading down his forehead and shifting from those unsettling eyes of his.

You locked your eyes with him and brought force a sinister smile in his direction. Lowering your face near the nameless man's own and extended your tongue. You dragged your tongue from the man's jaw all the way up his face and ended just above his eye. Saliva dripped from your lips as you snickered.

"Do you wanna play?" You whispered toward Jimin as your eyes invited him closer. Jimin stared in interest, unmoving as he watched your actions and listened carefully to your words. At your invitation his head perked up, chin tilting up as his downcasted eyes boring holes into you. It took a moment, an agonizing few seconds before his lips spread into that thin demon born smile again and began to let his legs carry him forward, answering your invitation with his actions.

Despite your outer appearance, your skin was crawling, your heart racing. This was the acting opportunity of a lifetime and you had to put on your best show. You had to join his level of insanity or suffer an agonizing fate by Jimin's bare hands. You couldn't visibly cower, you couldn't show your fear or weakness in any form. It as almost as if Jimin could just smell it. You'll play this game, you'd join him... or you'll die.