Chapter 55

It took an entire day before you were willing to sit up and drink water. It took three before you were even willing to eat, and five before you'd say a single word. This was the mutest you'd ever been in your life.

You kept your bedroom door locked, though Mono somehow got a key - likely from R. He came to check on you every two hours throughout the day and left you alone at night to sleep, but you didn't. Not like you used to anyway. Sound sleep was just a distant memory now.

Your brother forfeited all missions, refusing to leave the house till you were up and moving again. He told you how R wasn't too pleased about that, but how he didn't give a single fuck. Was this his compassion? You didn't want it.

Jungkook came to knock on your door at least once a day. You never responded to his request for entry. Hoseok swung by twice, still to no avail. The only person that saw you was Mono. R never tried to come, which in all honesty was surprising. You figured after the first day he'd have come told you to cut the crap and get off your ass but, no. It was radio silence from the commander.

You had started to develop an unnatural habit of showering. After the first day, the number started to go down. You took twelve showers after the second day, then the third day you cut back to nine... finally you were down to a calm three showers a day and you had just finished your second when four o'clock finally struck the clock.

You wondered out of your private bathroom in two grey towels. Your hair was wrapped in one, your body in the other. Though it was the sight outside the bathroom that took you back a bit.

"Hey..." a soft voice questioned from the foot of your bed. His eyes met your face before inadvertently casting down to your barely cloaked form. His doe eyes quickly averted to the floor.

Your eyes blankly cast over him. He was in clothes two sizes to big, all black. Black cargo shorts with an oversized t-shirt and thick combat boots. His chest-nut hair shabby and overgrown atop his hair had a soft body wave to it, likely from a hat of some kind. The look on his face defeated.

"Leave." Was all you said as you moved your eyes from Jungkook to your closet and carried your body from his direct line of sight.

"Y/N, I'm sorry." He uttered, drawing his eyes up from the ground as they followed you across the room.

"Not your fault." You said simply. Grabbing the double doors to the closet you swung them open and began to shift through the various colors and garments. Your eyes settling on a pair of silk pajamas and debating on those silky blue garments since you had no intention of leaving your room just yet.

"I should have found you sooner." Jungkook had a soft whine to his voice, guilt dripped from his words like rain. "This is all my fault..."

This time, you didn't respond. You weren't going to spend your evening trying to make him feel better, you didn't have it in you, not today. He would continue to try and take the blame and responsibility that fell on Jimin no matter what you said. He'd likely die trying to spare that man, if that man didn't kill him himself.

"Please..." Jungkook begged as he took a step closer to your turned back. "Let me make it up to you somehow." He requested.

How do you 'make it up' to someone from the shit you had seen, had done. How does one just 'make' that better? The answer is simple, you don't. It wasn't your trust he needed to get back - not that you truly trusted him in the first place. It wasn't his mistake to fix.

Your eyes shifted about the closet, settling on a thin black skirt in the corner. You pondered silently in your head while Jungkook agonized silently behind you. Reaching for the skirt, you snagged the garment.

"I'll do anyth--"

"Take me somewhere." You cut him off as you tossed the skirt into the fold of your free arm and began to look for a top.

"Take you some... where?" He repeated in question. His brows dipped and his head tilted softly to one side as a puppy would do when confused by a command.

"I'll be ready in a hour, meet me outback. Have the engine running and waiting." You grabbed a white tank top followed by your shined leather jacket. Turning, you tossed the articles onto your bed before grabbing ahold of the body towel around your waist and casting a look to Jungkook.

"Oh... oh okay..." He stammered. His eyes fell on your body again, swiftly getting the hint you were about to change and quickly averted his eyes a second time. "I'll meet you downstairs." He added as he began to make his way to the door.

Your eyes followed him for a few feet, till he was behind you and your gaze could no longer reach him. You opened the towel as he grabbed the metal doorknob and opened it.

"See ya in an hour." He said as a goodbye without looking back. His movement was slow and sluggish. He held hesitation, perhaps he was hoping you'd suddenly open up and wanna talk it out. He was seeking forgiveness you wouldn't grant.

"Mhm." You muttered as the towel hit the floor and you processed to search the drawers of your nightstand for a bra. The door shut behind him, leaving you alone once again.