Chapter 34

Following Jin to a secluded room on the ground floor of his mansion - or rather, would a palace be a better term? It was deep within the building, far from wondering staff or prying ears. You had not scouted the building much the last you were there, not given the chance, given how you ended up that night. The place still looked so different in the daylight. Opening the door wide for you, he gestured you inside.

The lingering scent of vanilla flowers mixed with almonds and the drifting scent of chemicals from a freshly cleaned room hit your nose. It was a study. The sidewalls of the spacious circular room were lined with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves stocked to the brim with various titles and untold stories. A second floor to the room was lined with a railing that let those above look down. Large pane windows centered the room, beaming bright light that stung your hues. So, he was a guy of literature. Perhaps then he wouldn't be as dim-witted as some of the other millionaires you had met in your time.

"Please, have a seat." Jin gestured to the grey lounge set to the left of the room in front of the desk and chairs on the right. Nodding, you headed for the couch and claimed a corner patch. Jin made his way close behind you, taking the space of the armchair just to your left.

Raising his leg, he crossed one over the next, letting you get a lingering gaze of his long legs that could run circles in your mind. Your eyes returned to his hips, the black buckle binding his waist. Before your eyes could wander much further in your gawking gaze, your mind came to a screeching halt as the sight of the belt brought a rather rough memory back. You began to blink rapidly as your eyes quickly averted down to your lap, swallowing the pit in your stomach as you forced those daunting memories back down. You wouldn't let that beast have a lingering effect on you.

"So, about the drop." You forced the subject back to business. "What is it I need to know?" You added, trying to rush to the point and avoid the chance for casual chatter. You folded your legs and arms under your bust, causing your breasts to be pushed up - through this time, you weren't doing it purposefully as much as you were trying to create a barrier around yourself for your perfection.

Yes, this man was attractive. Yes, he was possibly interested in you beyond business. Yes, he had money that you normally flocked to, but the fact of the matter was he worked for R. You couldn't be so easily swayed, and likely this man had been warned about your methods of gaining an extra source of income and your chances of trying to play him were diminished.

"It's odd..." Jin started by saying as he rested his right arm on the arm of the chair and let his long fingers curl against the satin fabric. "He sent you here to collect information directly over... just receiving it in an email from me." Jin's well-rounded lips pulled into a tight smirk as his head tilted your way, a lushes head of raven black hair swaying with his gestures.

"Maybe he's worried about his email getting corrupted?" You questioned aloud as your shoulders raised and fell with a lazy shrug. "How the fuck am I supposed to know?" Your eyes rolled as they landed across the room off in the distance. "I just do what I'm told nowadays."

"Is that what you like doing?" Jin questioned as he kept his eyes glued to your frame, tilting in his seat as he tried to inch closer. Your eyes landed back on him questioningly, brows frowning and eyes narrowing as you tried to understand his meaning. "Do you like following orders?"

"Excuse me?" Your voice dropped low as your chin pointed down. Your fingers slowly curled into fists at his suspected demeaning remark. Was he trying to get a rise out of you?

"Come now." He purred as he pushed himself back in his seat and rolled his head opposite. "Do you like taking orders, or would you rather be the one giving them?" He asked again without shame. There was no reserve in his words nor hesitation that what he may be saying could come off as offensive.

"I might be stuck doing that asshole's bidding, but that doesn't give you the right to fucking degrade me, you rich bitch." You barked as your hands quickly unfolded and slapped on the couch beside you."Fuck you."

"If you'd like~" Jin purred simply as his brows flickered in suggestive nature. Leaning forward, he uncrossed his legs and allowed himself to venture closer. "A woman who isn't content just be another overlords bitch, I like that."

"Screw you!" You quickly replied in return as your face distorted to pure irritation. "Is this some sick payback on R's part? Trying to get me to sleep with another client so he can punish me?" You quickly belted out a humorless laugh as your head tossed back in false amusement. "Well, you can tell him I won't fall for his little fucking 'games'."

As you were ranting, Jin began to reach into his blazer pocket. He slithered free a cell phone. Activating it, he began to scroll through the device before halting his movements as you finished speaking. Turning the phone around, he held it out to you as he showed you the screen.

Reluctantly, you glanced at the screen. First, seeing the name at the top caused you to read the rest of the message very quickly.

Taehyung
I sent the blue-haired bitch to your place.
I couldn't stand to see her in the house a moment longer,
Let her be your problem for a few hours.

"That bitch!!" Your mouth hung open as you read across the screen. That little newly blue-haired dickwad sent you on a bullshit assignment to get you out of the house. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." Grunting, you fell back against the couch and tossed your hands up with a huff. "I'm going to strangle that fucker." You added with a grumble under your breath.

Jin just chucked at your anguish as you flailed about. He returned his phone to his pocket before his hands rested comfortably at his sides. He gave you a moment to yourself. Soon, your attention turned back to him with a fiery gaze, breathing heavily out of your nose like a bull as you stared him down.

"So you let me walk in here to help him with his little bullshit trick?" Hissing, you quickly threw yourself to your feet, towering over the seated man as you wanted to kick him straight in his perfectly sculpted face.

"Actually, no." He spread his arms out wide in defense. "I had just gotten that message." He explained though he seemed less than remorseful for your wasted trip. "There is a drop scheduled soon, and I was going to speak with R about it. Hence why I said it was curious you were here, given normally an email is sent out for details on drops."

Raising from his seat, he grabbed the bottom of his suit jacket and straightened it out before stuffing his hands into his pockets and standing calmly near you. You sized him up again, this time without lustful eyes, as you tried to find holes in his ploy. Was he serious, or was he taunting you on behalf of that petty bitch?

With one step Jin closed the sizable gap between the two of you, leaving only a foot of air in space as he met your eye level the best he could without bending down to your height. You stared up into those questionable pools of deep brown, still shooting him a gaze of knives.

"Though, I have been curious about the newest member of the R.M. organization." He explained as one of his hands slithered from his jacket and raised between you. "Admittedly, I've been hoping our paths would cross one of these days." His hand reached your chin as he gently pinched it between two fingers, letting his thumb glide over your polished skin.

Before you could jerk your head from his slithering fingers, he quickly pulled them back and held his hand up in surrender. His smile becoming less devious, and instead just seemed content. You eyed his feature in disgust as you breathed deeply, talking yourself out of the idea of punching him.

"With this upcoming deal, we will see much more of each other." He began to step back, rounding the coffee table as he returned you to your personal space. "If you'd like, why don't we drink together?" He questioned, gesturing back toward the door you had come in only a few moments ago. "Unless going to strangle Taehyung is more appealing, then by all means."