Chapter 26

The throbbing in your head was the only thing that began to wake you from your slumber. Heavy lids lifted, flickering as you tried to adjust to your well-lit surroundings. The smell of white lilies hitting your nose soon after quickly made you realize you weren't tucked away in your bed. You let your head fall to the side, seeking out the light as your vision cleared, like the fog lifting in the morning sun. 

"Y/N, Hey. You okay?" A comforting deep voice questioned, kneeling before your laid-out body. Those big doe eyes were the first thing you saw, letting a weak smile creep across your lips. 

Your eyes traced the cupid's bow of his small lips that remained plump in shape, faintly pink, and a shine of gloss reflected from the nearby lamp. His lips spread thin, framing such adorably beautiful buck teeth that gave him the appearance of an innocent rabbit when he smiled. Your eyes drifted down to his tattooed neck that helped shatter the mirage of his childlike face and reminded you loud and clear he was a man.

Though, there was one thing different about him. Those once bleach blonde locks were now a lushes chestnut brown that shimmed in the over headlights. It toned down the color of his eyes, making his pale skin glow. You fought back the faint glimmer on your lips. He made a cute blonde, but he looked much better as a brunette. 

"I've been better." You choked out, an involuntary cough chasing your words as you tried to push yourself up to sit upon the grey leather couch you had been stowed upon. Jungkook planted a hand on your shoulder, trying to usher you back down, but you resisted. You knew where you were; the last thing you wanted was to be in such a weak position when perched in R's office. 

You pushed yourself up on your rear end and slipped on your leg off the couch as you planted your boot into the carpet beside Jungkook's kneeling frame. You could see the faint worry reflected in his eyes, remorseful for what his 'friend' had done, though that endearing look shattered as soon as the two of you heard the large double doors click and begin to creak open. 

Your head shot up to meet the sound; you didn't need to think hard of who it was that was about to enter, and sure enough, the man himself waltzed into the room. Tall, tanned, and handsome despite how you'd rather see him. Long legs clothed in black jeans. He wore a grey shirt and a dark jean jacket. This was the first time you saw him in something other than a three-piece suit, and you were unsure if you should feel grateful for that. 

You slipped your last leg over the edge of the couch and grabbed the leather rim as you hunched over, hanging your head low as your breathing mimicked the same. Slow, deep breaths entered your lungs one after the other, trying to soothe your assaulted throat and calm your nerves that tensed at the sight of these hellish blonde men. 

"Good. You're awake." R's deep voice ran out as he left the door cracked open behind himself. The clicking of his combat boots beating against the glossed wooden floor served as a ticking timer; each step meant he was getting closer. "Jungkook, you can leave now." He said. Raising your head, you saw him motion to the door, dark topaz eyes staring at the organization's youngest member; his statement sounded more like a demand. 

"I... Maybe I should stay." Jungkook turned in his kneel, staring at R from across the coffee table. You scuffed, shaking your head softly as Jungkook attempted to be comforting toward you. His eyes drifted back to you in question, his brows dipping closer to those beautiful chocolate eyes. 

"Just go, Baby boy." Raising your hand from the couch, you gestured to the door. You knew by now that there was no point in disobeying R and his desires; the last thing you wanted was for Jungkook to get mixed up in whatever R had in mind for you now. "I'll be 'ight." You said, speaking informally like your brother as you flashed him a pained but confident smile. 

"Okay..." After a few seconds of meeting your gaze, he rose from his position on the floor. His cargo pants puffed around his strong legs as he moved back his baggy white shirt and stuffed his inked fingers into his pockets. 

You raised your head, watching him leave the room. He flashed you one last worrisome look before closing the door behind himself, leaving you alone in an office with a monster. You took a deep breath and raised your head high enough to meet R's overbearing gaze. You didn't need to tell him what you had just come back from, given his impeccable skill to 'know everything' you figured he already knew. One way or another, he knew. 

Leaning back in your seat with a faint wince, you pulled one leg up to cross it over the other. Seeing as you were likely going to be here for a good minute, you figured you might as well get comfortable. You folded your dainty hands in the crook of your legs and let that large inhale finally leave your lips. Leaning your head back on the couch, you tilted it off to the side—fridged blue bangs tickled against your lashes as you offered a lazy look to R. 

"Guess I'm here so you can 'punish' me again?" You were the first to break the silence as R claimed the single hair just to your right. His tall frame fell back against the smooth leather as it screeched under his good build stature. A single brow cocked a bit higher as you looked at him questioningly, though you felt too weak to put up much of a fight at that moment. Though, that could change depending on how he wanted to do this. 

"Should I be punishing you?" R asked, his elbow propped up on the arm of the chair closest to you. He curled his fingers, tucking his fist under his chin as he propped up his head. He offered you his complete attention, and in all honesty, it only made you more nervous. His long flashes sheathing those demented brown eyes, housed more secrets than you likely will ever know. 

"Mmm." You hummed. Shrugging your shoulders in response, letting them bounce and fall back down lazily with gravity. "You know what would be real torture?" Your eyes drifted about the room idly, just trying not to meet his burning gaze. "Letting me go back to my room and go about my business." You answered sarcastically as your eyes flashed to him, the corner of your lips twitching as they threatened to turn up in a cocky glint. 

R held no reserve in the curvature of his lips, however. He let that demented and dark smile spread across his beautifully plump lips as he dropped his hand from under his chin and let it fall back at his side. He shook his head in disbelief at your brash and, frankly - ballzy nature toward him. He straightened himself out, his hands moving to the hem of his jean jacket, and straightened it out with a soft snap of fabric lashing wind. 

Your eyes found their way to his tattooed palms as they fidgeted with his clothes. Though involuntarily, you sucked in a breath through your teeth when you noticed his hand slide into the breast pocket of his jacket. A gesture that was reminiscent of pulling a gun on someone, and instantly that was where your mind went. Was he going to shoot you for going out and cleaning up your mess?