Chapter 59

He looked like lust. His skin glistened with desire as his eyes beamed with a sense of adrenaline that mirrored the dangerous life you'd chosen for yourself. To say he didn't make your pulse quicken was a downright lie.

You had thought about 'taking him' - once or twice at least - but there was a small voice in the back of your head. 'He is R's ally.' As attractive and commandeering as Seokjin was, it couldn't be forgotten that he worked for R is come capacity. That made him untouchable, at least it should have.

When were you ever someone to just follow orders and obey? Hell, sometimes you didn't even listen to your own rules you had set for yourself.

Seokjin inched closer to the lining of the pool, your eyes scrambled to his bare feet, surprised. He was bluffing, he had to be. Your eyes narrowed, shooting a questioning gaze up to Jin. You glared as you tossed a look of frustration for him having played you, but your vision was blanketed by a wall of water as Jin unexpectedly dived into the pool.

His form was that of a professional, arms about his head creating a cone, toes pointed. It wasn't a sizable wave he created when he sliced into the water. It was just enough to sprinkle chlorine mixed liquid into your eyes and force them to close.

Taking in a breath you held it captive in your lungs. He did it. Rapidly you tried to blink to remove the water from your eyes without touching your face to try and save your waterproof make up.

Jin surfaced closer to the center of the pool than he was to you. His head jerked back as he threw his hair out of his eyes and let his shoulders bounce with deep breaths.

"Show off." You scuffed like a child, even your lips pouted in a huff. Yup, that was the liquor.

"I have more impressive skills than that." Jin declared. His arms began to circle in the water and his legs kick soft at first to keep himself afloat, but it wasn't long before he began to move closer.

"Oh yeah? What is?" You sneered. You were acting like a pissy child. It had been a while since you drank outside of work-related activities so you indulged yourself more then you should have.

"I can hold my breath for a long time." He said nonchalantly, his head tilted to the side almost meeting his shoulder in a shrug. He was close now, within arms reach if you tried. "Why don't we see who can hold their breath longer?" His sharp brow cocked in question.

"Childish!" Your tongue clicked. "But, you're on." You were being challenged, despite how trivial it was you couldn't just let him think he was better than you.

"On the count of three." Jin uttered with that said luscious smile. "One..." he took in a breath and you quickly did the same. "Two..." he drew out his words offer as much time to prep as possible. "One!"

Both of you dunked yourselves under the water in unison. You felt the pressure of the warm water trapping air in your ears. Your hair began to float about around your face, clouding your vision when you tried to open your eyes under the water.

It was too blurry to see Seokjin. Your pupils couldn't adjust to the chemical treated water as fast as you'd have liked. It took only thirty seconds before you felt the burning in your chest. Your body begging to breathe in the aquatic prison. You forced the feeling back.

Sixty seconds was another story. You were wanting to inhale as well as exhale at the same time which made your seconds under the water worse. Not to mention, vodka lingered on your tongue causing your throat to crave a fresh drink of water. Damn it.

Quickly, you scooped at the water and forced yourself up after only a minute and a half. Bursting through the surface your eyes snapped open as air rushed back into your lungs followed by a few soft coughs. It took a moment for your vision to clear, but a quick look around was all it took to realize that you had lost the game. Your face distorted, brows frowning in disappointment at yourself for losing to him. Your eyes began to scan the crystal water, trying to figure out where he had gone.

You saw nothing, only the glisten of the bottom of the pool. Where was he? Twisting you tried to look behind you and just as you turned you noticed a quick blur from below rush toward you. You sucked in a quick breath as the figure hurried to your legs. You tried to kick away from him but he was fast. A second later, you felt slick hands grab just above your knee. Inadvertently, you squealed out of surprise.

His hands didn't hover long, it was a snail trail pace but you felt his fingers begin to trace up the side of your legs before reaching your thighs. His large palms took a firm grasp of your skin causing your eyes to round as you stared down at the water. You kicked a bit more softly just to keep yourself float but didn't relist his touch. What was he up to?

The concept of the game was lost, you didn't care about that anymore. You were more focused on what this seductive siren was doing under the water. As if your mind wasn't occupied enough with his motives, Jin quickly changed things up. His hands raced to your hips as he gripped just above the lining of your denim skirt and began to force himself forward. His long legs made quick strides as he shot himself through the water and began to push you back.

The next thing you felt was the harsh solid surface of the wall of the pool as your back made contact and plastered you against the surface like wet paper. Finally, Jin resurfaced with a bursting splash, his hands having returned to your thighs long enough to pull them apart and leave enough room for his body to fill the gap between your legs and rob you of your breath as he plastered himself to your skin.

You weren't sure if he heard the yelp you involuntarily belted out or if perhaps he had just heard the sudden gasp that followed when those dark eyes finally opened and offered you an unwavering intense stare. Your mouth hung open as labored breaths entered your body from your shock.

"I win." He whispered as he inched his face closer. You could smell the scent of his mint toothpaste as his breath reaching your skin. It felt like a hair separated your faces and not a single inch was left between your frame and his. Your legs clenched at his hips, feeling the wet leather of his belt against your inner thigh as your skirt had been hiked up as high as possible and remained nothing more than a puddle around your waist. "What should my prize be?" He asked breathlessly.

Your arms were at your side, pressed against the smooth wall of the pool. Fingers curled against the lining before rising through the water and reaching his stretching shoulders. Your painted nails scraped the skin just beside his collarbone as you held onto him in attempts to keep yourself afloat.

"I'm not going to be your bitch." Your words hissed from your lips with a sense of malicious that seemed directed at more than him. Your nails dug a bit deeper into his skin in your own rebellion, but was that anger justified? You took in a breath, forcing your chest out as it pressed tightly against his own bare form.

"Oh, kitten." Seokjin purred as his face tilted softly to the right. "I wouldn't dream of it." His words seemed lace with poison, there was a shadow of lies hidden in those words. There had to be. His hands worked their way back to your hips. He pulled you forward and up. Your core brushed against the coarse fabric of his slacks. "I'd never try and tame you by force." His tongue snaked from his lips. "But, as I had said before..." He hissed slowly as the movement of the water caused his body to roll against your own. "You could be mine for just a night if you wanted..."