Chapter 80

Staring at the floor wrapped in his comforting embrace as the two of you used the side of your bed as a chair backing. You recalled your first memory in the house. R rolling your confidant's head across the floor before slamming your body against the closet doors just a few feet away.

"I've got to get out of here, baby boy..." You muttered out softy, keeping your voice low as if the walls had ears.

"We could hang and go get something to eat?" He offered as he craned his neck to try and get a look at your face while you rest your head against his bare shoulder. "There's a great pizza place a few blocks from here."

A low rumble rattled your chest. It was adorable, the innocents that Jungkook still possessed. "No." You said with a shake of your head. "I mean leave the organization." You couldn't bring yourself to meet his eyes when saying that. It was a risk you took telling him. He had no loyalty to you, but the organization? What was stopping him from leaving right now to tell R what you had said? Never the less, you trusted him. 

"Oh..." His eyes cast down slowly. He had known what you meant from the start, he was just being wishful. "Would it help change your mind if I told you that'd I'd miss you if you left?" He turned his head to stare at the top of your own, still not meeting his gaze. His words sounded so genuine, so sweet. 

"Oh yeah?" Your laugh began a bit brighter as you raised your head off of his shoulder. "What are you going to miss? The constant verbal sexual harassment from me?" You bounced your shoulders in an ironic laugh. 

"Yeah, actually." He snickered in return. His hand falling from your shoulder as you sat up and turned to him. "Despite the nickname, you're one of the only ones who doesn't look at me like him some kid that has to be protected."  You had noticed that amongst the group. How Jungkook was treated like the baby of the organization. He was protected and giving less risky missions due to his age. You just didn't want to point it out when you noticed and risk hurting his feelings. Let's be honest, you wanted to protect him too. 

"Maybe walk around with your shirt off more often." You tossed a gesture toward Jungkook's bare chest, a towel hugging his hips being the only cover he had. "Who could call you a kid with a washboard like that? Like seriously, do you just eat straight protein and fiber for every fucking meal?"

Jungkook's cheeks puffed out, turning a faint shade of pink while you teased him for his figure. How could rosy cheeks amplify someone's level of attraction? You'd miss that bunny teeth smile that's for sure.

"The organization has ruined me, Kook." You admitted. Curling your legs beside yourself you sat up straight and turned yourself in his direction. "I can't live like this much longer."

"I wish I could tell you it gets better..."

"But, you can't because it won't." You interjected after him. You knew he wanted to help, to take away your pain and get you to stay. "You all have a bond here that helps protect you. Your too important to lose or abuse." Reaching out you grabbed ahold of his hand as your eyes trailed over the verity of tattoos on his upper arms and the side of his neck.

"I'm telling you this secret only because I've grown to care about you." Your hand squeezed at his own as you brought his large brown eyes up to your sight. His now jet black locks framing his pasty white skin. "The first chance I get to get out, I'm going to take it." You tried to project your sorrow at the area of leaving him behind. "I might leave without saying goodbye, that's why now might be the best time to get the farewells out of the way."

"This is goodbye?" He asked quietly, his head falling to the side as his chocolate eyes softened with sadness. You could have sworn you saw a little bit of his heartbreak in those brown eyes. "Y/N..." your name whined out of his lips. He wasn't ready to let go yet.