Chapter 48

As you rounded the door and hauled ass toward the main lobby - the location of the gunfire - you muttered labored words under your breath, silently begging for Jungkook to be unharmed. You could hear your heart pounding in your ears as your boots slammed against the marble floor with thuds and clicks, your blue locks bounding around you wildly as strands of hair clouded your vision.

Finally, you zipped into the lobby just as another gunshot caused you to flinch and toss your eyes in the direction of the sound. What you saw however was beyond your imagination. It was Mono, standing in the middle of the lobby with a gun raised and directed at something... or rather someone. The sounds of the world around you, outside the loud clap of the bullets and your rapid heart rate finally began to come back to you. It was terrified yelling, followed by screaming yelps as Mono yelled gleeful cheers toward his target.

"Come out and play!!" Mono shouted with a devious grin that you had never seen him posses before. Another shot figured as Mono squeezed the gun causing you to jump. "I ain't got all day, Taewon!" He added as his head fell to the side. There was a crazed look in your brother's eyes, the curvature of his lips didn't even look like his own.

The gun was pointed at none other than Jimin. Who stood in the center of the room, screaming and cowering from the gunfire that was clearly aimed a few feet from him with each fire. Mono was an excellent shot, one of the best you had ever seen. There was no way he'd miss from a mear ten feet away from the target. He wasn't trying to kill Jimin, he was tormenting him.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" You screamed toward your brother as he continued on with his insanity. "Have you lost your fucking mind?!" You barked as you began to march toward Mono with no hesitation, despite the fact that you should have had at least a little bit of it. Mono barely looked like your brother now, the man standing there smiling maniacally looked to be like an evil twin from a bad psycho-thriller.

"Y/N!" You heard a voice yell and your eyes rocketed toward the sound, you saw Jungkook near the edge of the lobby, standing there calmly despite the fact that his friend was being shot at by your brother. Though, his brows frowned in a disapproving look to Mono's actions it wasn't enough to warrant Jungkook to intervene. A quick gesture of his hand, Jungkook motioned for you to come closer to him but the sound of yet another gunshot quickly threw your attention off, causing you to jump in your skin.

"Are." A second shot was fired. "You." Then a third as Mono began to stalk closer to the cowering man. "Going to." Four, he continued to inch closer as his expression became more erratic. "Keep." Five, He was within just a few feet now. "Me." Six, the shots were being directed at the floor in front of Jimin. Each show getting closer and closer to his feet. "Waiting?!" Finally, Mono's statement came to an end, it's punctuation was the barrel of the gun pressed to Jimin's forehead so much so that the other man had no choice but to raise his head and look Mono in the eyes.

Never had you looked at your brother and had a sense of fear, but at that moment you could feel it. It crept from your heart and sunk into your bones. A radiating fear that paralyzed you, leaving you rooted to the ground as you stood in your bewilderment. You thought you knew him, how he ticked, how he worked, but you didn't know anything. He looked like a demon in human skin, a monster that was unleashed and was becoming unhinged.

For a minute, you saw that same shock in the reflection of Jimin's eyes as he stared at Mono who was ready to put a bullet between Jimin's eyes. There was a trickle of water the wheeled up in the corner of Jimin's eyes before a blink of his lids quickly flicked the moister away from them. When they reopened, that terrified and sorrowful look that Jimin possessed was gone. Swallowed down deep by a piercing gaze that could slice through human skin.

His dark eyes were cold and lifeless, void of any sense of emotion. Jimin's plump lips spread into a thin light as he reached up for the barrel of the gun with lightning speed. It was barely noticed, and words almost disappeared into nothingness as Mono muttered a simple word.

"Shit..."

It wasn't Taewon, no. In your opinion, it was far worse. It was Minsu. The deranged control freak who was a stickler for 'the rules'. Your eyes rounded and even Mono seemed to possess a sense of surprise. The personality he was trying to invoke didn't work and instead, he got a personality he didn't ask for. Did he really think shooting at Jimin would cause him to shift personalities into a favorable outcome? Apparently, but like most of Mono's plans, it was fucking stupid from the start.

Jimin quickly raised his free hand and applied pressure to Mono's palm as he tried to knock free the gun from his grasp. Mono seemed to anticipate that attack and quickly clamped his own hand over Jimin's and yanked to his right, tossing Jimin to the floor on his side. Were you suppose to help? You didn't know what to do. You took a step forward and started your descent into madness but before you could move another inch something blindsided you.

Jungkook came rushing to your side, engulfing your shoulders with his long arms and crushing you against his solid frame with his strength. You yelped in surprise, nearly tripping over your own feet as Jungkook swung you around and began to drag you toward the area he motioned you to come to earlier. You struggled against him, not because you had any real desire to help Mono but because of the sudden blindsided blow through you off your balance.

Jungkook was relentless in his grip, however, leaving you no room to worm away as he dragged you toward the staircase leading to the second floor.

"Yoongi!!" Jungkook shouted into the open air, the force of his lungs put behind that single name. He didn't say anything else, almost as if the name enough was a signal to something. The two of you reached the stairs and Jungkook released you. You tried to gather your barrings and went to look back at your brother.

You only caught a glimpse of the two men, now tangled together in a skillful fight for the gun. You managed to see Jimin land a lasting glow to Mono's right cheek as his head was thrust to the side due to the sheer force behind his punch. Mono lost his grip on the weapon, the last thing you saw was Jimin reaching for it as it went sliding across the floor.

"We need to go!!" Jungkook's booming voice yelled as he wrapped his engulfing hand around your wrist and grabbed so tightly it pinched the skin. You rocked your eyes back to him, only offering a simple nod in the agreement you wouldn't fight his force.

Jungkook darted up the stairs and you did your best to follow behind him in his mad dash to get out of the situation. So this, this was a berserker assignment...