Chapter 12

Well, you asked for no more bullshit assignments, didn't you? Now you were ankle-deep in a pile of bodies with blood splatter on your two thousand-dollar dress. Whatever, maybe you could play it off as a tax write-off. Ha, like you paid taxes.

"You know I'm hunky-dory with the killing, but damn. Can we go on one assignment together where you don't blow the head off the guy as soon as he gives me the intel?" You stepped over the first man's corpse, careful not to scratch your Louis Vuitton heels. Three bodies in less than twenty minutes didn't count the other four downstairs that Mono had so carelessly 'taken care of' while you were busy. 

"They useless to us once we get tha info." Mono shrugged, tucking his lucky golden-plated gun into his waistband at the small of his back. Why did he even carry that gaudy thing? 

"I fucking get that!" You yelled as you brought your hand to your face, trying to wipe some of the blood clean, but it only smeared it across your face in disgust. "But, can't you wait till they aren't standing directly in front of me?!" 

Again, Mono just shrugged. Your head cocked back, letting out an annoyed groan into the air. Why the hell did R keep sending you assignments with your damn brother? Sure, you two got the job done quickly, but Mono always made more of a mess than needed. This was just your fourth task with him, and you ended up covered in the victim's blood each time. Was this payback for how much you spent off his Amazon account? Bitch. 

"Just get the laptop and stop bitchin', ight?" Mono waved his hand to the man's desk, wanting you to hurry up and do what you were told. Which orders got him nowhere, and he knew that. That didn't stop him, though. 

You cocked your brow at him and tilted your head, keeping your heels firmly planted in the plush beige carpet that was now stained dark red with large quantities of the life-giving liquid. A room that was larger than your bedroom in R's rundown mansion is now destroyed thanks to the 'The Siblings'. You entered a staredown with Mono, refusing to budge and follow a command given no matter who gave it. He narrowed his eyes, and you placed your hand on your hip, popping it out in sass. 

"Fine. I'll get it." Mono grumbled as he wormed through the arrangement of displaced bodies on the floor. Yeah, this was a normal Thursday night for you guys. A bit low on the kill count if you considered what you two did last Tuesday. 

He went to gather up the electronic while you tried to brush off some brain matter that had found its way to your dark blue velvet dress. You just bought this too. He tucked the device under his arm, ignoring your whines of anguish as the fleshy matter was leaving a smug. 

"Fuck yo dress. You's can buy three more after we get paid." Mono complained, making his way back over the bodies with a youthful jump that made his jet-black locks bounce playfully. 

"I could have bought four NEW dresses if you hadn't ruined this one." You mumbled angrily, pulling the thigh-high slip back a bit to reveal your gun holster. You slipped your small-caliber pistol back in its place and fanned the dress out to cover it. 

"We got bout fifteen mins before the pigs get here." Mono grabbed hold of your arm, quickly pulling you toward the door, nearly causing you to trip. 

"I know! Stop dragging me and nagging me!" You barked, letting him keep his grip on you despite your distaste, and hurried out the door. You two hit the hall and hurried for the stairs. You were in heels and couldn't possibly use the elevator 'Too much risk,' according to Mono. 

You quickly popped your heels off in haste, holding them in your hand as you finally pulled from your brother's hold. Your feet hit each step quickly, gravity serving as a factor to help you run down the stairs your bare feet skipping steps to keep up with the speed. You were on the seventeenth floor, so the jog down was lengthy, which served to wind you no matter how 'in shape' you tried to remain.