Chapter 25

It didn't take long for you to park the Palisade back in the garage and hop out of the passenger seat; however, what you didn't expect was to be startled out of your skin by a curt, smooth, and deep voice from somewhere in the garage after you collected your duffle bag from the passenger seat. 

"So, you're the one who broke the lock?" The heavenly sweet voice asked. For a second, your mind went to the worst-case scenario, R finding you himself just as he had done last time. This time, thankfully, it was a younger man. 

You jumped back, nearly plastering yourself on the hood of the Palisade as your hand flew to your chest and the duffle bag dropped from your grasp. "Jesus Christ!" You growled, quietly releasing the breath you so quickly took in. Your eyes darted to the source of the sound.

"Jimin." You breathed out in a huff, wanting to calm down your heart rate as you finally locked eyes with the only other person aside from R in the organization you had been actively avoiding since you met, though just knowing he was there was enough to put you on your toes. Your heart rate quickly skyrocketed as a sense of dread washed over you. "What're you doing here?" Your eyes began to wander about, looking for one of the other guys. He wasn't supposed to be left alone... 

"Minsu." He corrected. Shit, this wasn't good. There was no one with him. You could feel his eyes burning the side of your face, anger boiling so high in the short-statured man that you could almost feel the air itself heat up. You thought R was bad; Jimin was on a completely different level. 

You loudly cleared your throat and quickly averted your eyes from his burning brown gaze. Bending down to grab the straps of your duffle bag. You needed to get the hell out of there. You readied yourself to sprint out of this situation if need be. You took one step in the direction of the double doors, and within an instant, Jimin closed the distance between your frames and shot in front of you to block your path. 

"I asked... Were you the one to break the lock?" His eyes narrowed, zeroing in on you. You instinctively took a step back, inching your body from him as you desperately tried to put as much space between you and this man as possible. But, with each second step you took, he took one forward. 

"Minsu." You started to say, using the name he deemed as the 'correct' one at that moment. "Y-You... You don't understand." One of your hands raised, holding your palm up in the direction of his chest as if by some prayer that would work to keep the seething beast at bay. 

"I understand; you broke property." His head menacing tilted to the side, and you could see the muscles in his neck twitch slightly with irritation. "I also understand; you likely left Halycon Hall without permission." His fluffy blonde locks did little to soften the overbearing appearance that Park Jimin emanate at any given moment. 

"Yesssss." You admitted, knowing that lying would get you nowhere with this man, more so when he already knew the truth. You forced a smile as you tried to drag out your words sweetly. "BUT! " You quickly added as you curled the fingers of your raised hand, leaving only your pointer up in the air. "I had a... a good reason." 

For the first time, you felt as though you'd rather deal with R's wrath than Jimin's right now. Your eyes darted to the double doors, begging anyone to come busting through and save this situation before things turned dark. You swallowed your throat, which was growing drier by the second. Soon enough, you ran out of space to retreat, and your back made contact with the hard wooden wall of the garage. 

"No excuse is good enough." His pump lips offered a sinister snarl as he took one more step forward, entering your personal space and quickly sending you on high alert. He was within arm's reach, and you pulled your hand back from touching his frame. All the warning sirens within your brain were blaring.