Chapter 39

"You've got a deal." Your entire expression lit up at Taehyung's little wager. This was just what you needed to add a bit more excitement to the job as well as rub Taehyung's pretty little nose in it. 

"You'll regret your enthusiasm later," Taehyung said with a snicker before he moved closer to you. His lips neared your cheek before he pressed them to the side of your face, kissing you gently. His silky smooth lips lingered on your skin, leaving a heat behind that you wanted to rub off with wool steal. 

At first, you were perturbed. Then you noticed the pair of eyes on you across the room. A couple near the champagne table was eyeing the two of you, their gazes wandering in interest. Another pair of swingers, likely, trying to scope out the room for potential partners.

Quickly laying on your show, you smiled sweetly at Taehyung's kiss, nuzzling yourself into his arm as you pretended to be in love. Though, to keep your cover as swingers, you let your gaze remain on the couple that stared you down, almost as if inviting them in with your eyes.

That gaze didn't last long, though. The last thing you needed was to try and shake a second couple as you tried to rope in the targets. Turning in Taehyung's hold, you gently touched his neck.

"Let's get a drink. Shall we, Sam?" You suffered as you placed your hand over his own that lingered on your hip. He gave you a nod as he guided you both through the crowd like a high-class gentleman. You could feel the number of eyes on you from both men and women alike.

Of course, they stared. You were a gem in a sea of mediocrity and average female bodies, and Taehyung's face looked sculpted by the gods themselves. He looked like he belonged on every magazine cover and was lusted after by every woman, excluding you.

On the outside, he was ravishing, but on the inside, he was a conceited dick who probably had mommy issues. Reaching the bar, you quickly ordered yourself a fruity drink, named with such class, a 'Throw Me Down'. It was a sunset-colored drink with a punch of Canadian Whiskey and Crown. Taehyung just ordered a gin and tonic, ha, basic.

The two of you sat at the bar and waited patiently for the crowd to simmer and the hosts to free up. You took it easy with your drink, sipping lightly. However, you were still on your second glass with the time it took for the hosts to finish their rounds of greetings finally.

Thrusting your elbow out, you silently nudged Taehyung. His head whipped in your direction before noticing who you were glancing at. While he took survey, you returned to the bartender and quickly ordered a third drink of the same taste, though yours was barely half gone. He provided the drink, and you snagged it from the counter before spinning around and hopping off your seat with a spring in your step.

Casting a daring look over your shoulder toward your fake lover, you signaled that you would be making the first move, inwardly calling him a pussy for not springing at the open chance. His brows dipped in irritation as you turned your head away, false blonde locks swaying at your back as you almost skipped across the room toward Rina.

"Babe~" you purred out, so loosely tossing a pet name toward her as you tried to force her attention to you. It worked, and her head turned your way with a soft blush. "Your bartender is so talented!" You complimented as you swayed closer. "Have you had this drink before? You should try it!"

Rina eyed the drink, curious about its color before her hand reached for it. You offered it up sweetly, pulling your hand back as you nudged your chin up in a gesture to go ahead.

"What's it called?" She asked as she brought the cold rim of the glass near her pale lips.

"A 'Throw Me Down.'" You proudly exclaimed as your left lid fell closed in a flirtatious wink. "I love the name." You let a giggle chase your words.

"Mmm, me too," Rina said softly as her eyes lingered on yours for a moment before casting to something just behind your shoulder as she took a sip.

Turning your head, you noticed Taehyung had finally followed you, and his lustful gaze was locked on Rina. Perhaps you were pursuing the wrong partner. Rina did give you those 'experimental' vibes, but perhaps they were more straightforward than you imagined. Bummer. 

But you played your role. Smiling between the two, you leaned toward Rina as you touched her shoulder, bringing your painted lips near her ear as you whispered.

"Why don't I give you two some time to get familiar?" You let your whispered words drag seductively. You moved to pass her, your hand remaining on her as you dragged your fingers slowly across her upper chest, tracing the line of her collarbone before flicking your fingers free. You offered the two of them a wiggle of your fingers in goodbye before turning your attention to the party, eyes searching for a certain Mr. Roth.