Chapter 79

It took about an hour, only because you felt a sense of perfectionism. God knows the scuffs of disappointment you'd hear from Taehyung to see Jungkook with patches in his hair. If you were going to be the one to dye it, might as well leave your mark on it. You waited on your bed, robe wrapped around you like a blanket while you listened to the rushing water from your joined bathroom. You just let Jungkook wash the dye out in your room versus walking all the way across the mansion just to get to his own bathroom and come all the way back to show you how it turned out. You knew he was going to want you to see the after result.

Hearing the bathroom door click you raised your head and turned it to the left. A beam of light with steam trailing close behind left the door first. You had to squint at the brightness to readjust your eyes. The door opened wider and Jungkook's frame was eclipsed by the light behind him. Raising your hand you tried to block the bright florescent light out with your palm. The dim fire-lit room having darkened your gaze. Jungkook quickly noticed you struggling not to go blind and reached for the light switch and flipped it down.

With a few flutters of your lashes, your eyes cleared the haze and you were able to look back up to him. Your gaze trailed from his feet up to his eyes and froze there. He... Did this boy just... Sweet Jesus, you were short-circuiting. Should you have expected this? Were you missing common sense? Or was it genuinely surprising to see this man walk out of the bathroom in nothing more than a towel?! The most skin you had seen from this man was a little forearm and maybe a calf if he was feeling frisky with a pair of cargo shorts. What laid beneath those baggy shirts he loved to wear was comparable to a fine piece of timeless art. No wonder his clothes were always clean, he carried a washboard around with him.

"How's the hair look?" His arms spread out in front of himself as if putting himself on display. He was on display alright. The top prize in the arcade or the perfect pasty in the bakery. You'd take a bite out of-- Focus! Hair, you were supposed to be looking at his hair not ogling his body. 

"Where--" Your voice cracked as soon as it came out of your throat. Your eyes fluttered quickly as you pointed your gaze away toward the fireplace. "Where... are your clothes?" It pained you to ask but good-god talk about shit timing.

"What?" He said, taking a step forward as he turned his ear to you. Great! You did not say that as loud as you had thought.

"Nothing!" You chiming up with a clearing cough from your throat. "Nothing..." Turning you tossed your long legs over the side of the bed and hoped to your feet. Closing your eyes you chanted internally 'Just look up high.' Raising your head and gaze you looked over at him, trying not to let your gaze lower past his shoulders.

His hair was still damp and it actually had a bit of a wave to it. His part split down the middle causing his short - now black - hair to drip droplets of water onto his glass-like skin. Black was his color. He made the color black his bitch. It was as if the shadows hugged his frame so much tighter, his honey-dew skin shimming in the soft light. His chocolate eyes flickering with the embers of the fake fireplace.

"You look..." How to put this in a way that wouldn't make Satan himself blush? "...good." Nailed it. "It looks goods." You tried to correct quickly as you pinch your lips together in a forced smile. Your eyes felt heavy, oh how they wanted to fall. "Do you like it?" Grabbing the edge of your robe you wrapped it around yourself a bit tighter and looked to your feet.

"Yeah." His curvy lips turned up in a gentle smile that flashed those adorable bunny teeth. That was it, the perfect transition to a 'goodnight'. You raised your head to start the parting speech but was your eyes met his you noticed the distance you last remember was considerably shorter. You could smell his mint mouth wash, he was so near.