Chapter 85

An hour was spent bouncing from person to person as Hoseok worked the room. His charming smile and joyful laugh winning over all those he had the pleasure of speaking with. Each person leaving in a better mood than before they had spoken. You thought you had charisma, Hoseok was on an entirely different level. Then again, his actions were more genuine while yours was almost always an illusion. Mr. Rowely was the reason you were there, though there wasn't much need to interact with him. The information Mono gathered was what was required, talking to that man was just a precaution should he start to head back to his hotel room or leave the building. 

While Hoseok finessed an entire ballroom, you kept sharp eyes on your surroundings. You played it off as a shy woman who just couldn't keep eye contact, a perfect excuse to keep your eyes wondering. Though as the night stretched on you noticed the target had looked your way one too many suspicious times. 

"Uh..." Your stuttering response came out as you drew the attention of Hoseok and his companion at the time. "Excuse me a moment?" You looked to the group in apology, giving a remorseful bow of your head before placing a hand on Hoseok's shoulder as you leaned up to his ear. "Rowely has observant eyes. I'm going to the restroom. Stay alert." A whispered warning before you gave his shoulder a friendly pat. Pulling away from Hoseok you bit his company a final parden. They offered soft smiles as they politely excused your departure. 

Your Louboutin heels clicked against the marble floor as you made your escape from the crowd. You picked the entrance nearest to Mr. Rowely to truly see where his gaze was wondering too. Much to your surprise, his eyes didn't stay on you. He kept his gaze fixated in Hoseok's direction in sporadic spurts, trying not to make it too obvious. That wasn't a good sign. 

Your speed quickened as you headed out of the ballroom and down the hall a few feet before disappearing inside the restroom. It was a lucky break that it was a singular restroom and you were able to lock the door behind yourself to offer privacy from prying eyes or eager ears.  Heading to the counter you put your back down and ripped it open as you shifted your gun to the side in search of your phone. 

'Mr. Rowely is suspicious. He IS watching Hoseok.' 

You hit sent on a grouped message that would warn not only Hoseok but Jungkook and Mono as well. Hoseok's phone was on silent, so you couldn't guarantee he'd have a chance to see the message before you returned to him. This was an unexpected development, though if it was something to be concerned about was still unknown. He could have just been intrigued by Hoseok's communication skills and was questioning if the man had a place in his own company. You convinced yourself not to hit the panic button until things started to crumble. 

Taking in a deep breath you patted your fingers softly under your eye as you adjusted your make-up. You had to spend enough time there to justify leaving the crowd. Your fingers slithered into your hair, giving it a little boost in following before patting down any loose wig fibers. Lastly a quick touch up to your lipstick before stuffing the tube back into your purse and checking your phone one last time. No one had replied. You had to get back. 

Closing your purse you tossed it into the bend of your elbow. Before you could head for the door however a loud bang rattled your bones. Two equally loud knocks followed soon after. Why was the wealthy so incredibly patient? With a huff, you headed for the door and twisted the lock. The knob twisted before you could turn it yourself and began to burst open toward you. Quickly you stumbled back, teeth clenched as you readied to give some rich bitch an ear full for nearly knocking you would with the bathroom door. 

A figure clad in black was all you saw when your mouth opened in protest. "What the f--!!" You didn't get much out before a large hand shot up and slapped over your lips. Your eyes dilated as the figure shoved you back against the bathroom wall and quickly shut the door behind themselves with a hook of their foot. Your hands raced for their wrist when the figure finally looked up. 

"Aye, keep quiet!" A whispering yell escaped the man you called your brother. Both hands planted in his chest as you shoved him back with all the strength you could muster in your shock. 

"Get off me!" You kept your voice low as he instructed but still raised it just enough to showcase your rage. Was he out of his damn mind? He was supposed to be gathering intent. "The fuck are you doing here?!" Your arms open wide and waved in the empty air. You took a step forward, your right-hand itching to break his jaw. 

"It's time." Mono took a step forward with you as he reached out and grabbed onto your arm. His dark eyes looking at you with a mixture of adrenaline and worry. Not that you had the slightest idea as to what he was talking about. Though the fact that his grammar had improved was enough to let you know he was serious about what he was saying. "You're leaving." Mono broke his gaze and shifted toward the door with you in hand. 

Ripping your arm back you jerked from your brother and tried to put a few feet between you and him. "This wasn't apart of the assignment! What happened?" You asked, refusing to leave till you had a good idea of what was waiting for you outside the bathroom room. 

"There is no assignment!" Mono whipped back around and latched onto you with both hands. "You're getting the fuck out of here, Y/N." His boney fingers rug into your sleeved arms, he gave you a gentle shake as if trying to wake you from a daze. A deep breath entered him and his volume calmed. He kept his gaze locked on you, staring into your eyes with a sense of intercity you had never seen before. He hesitated to speak, his mouth opening long before the words would come out, but he forced them out after a daunting few seconds. "You think I wouldn't find out?"