Chapter 77

You really needed to harden that soft spot you had for Jungkook. The effects of your weakness resulted in Jungkook sitting in the corner of your room on the cream gold velvet chase you bought just a month ago. His dirty blonde hair was starting to fade as his dark brown roots starting to grow in. You hated blonde hair now. You kept your gaze averted to your own lap, twiddling your fingers in nervous boredom. Yes, this is exactly what you needed - awkwardness.

"You'd look better with black hair." You muttered under your breath, you didn't try to make yourself heard but didn't exactly care if he didn't listen.

"Oh yeah?" He asked, reaching up he pinched a piece of his middle-parted hair and kneaded it between his fingers. His loose "You don't like the blonde?" His hand dropped back to his lap as he looked over at you with those sweet milk chocolate eyes.

"Not anymore..." You wouldn't look up, you didn't want him to see the weakness that lingered on you like a tormenting fog. Silence filled the open air and your hands began to idly play with the blankets you sat on your bed. Giving you plenty of physical distance from him.

"Help me dye it?" He asked softly, there was that meek baby boy tone that just made you want to let down your guard.

"What?" Raising your head up you tilted your gaze at him. His face lit up a bit more when you finally raised your gaze.

"I mean if you're up for it. Let's dye it black." His picture-perfect lips spread a bit thinner, his bunny teeth sneaking onto his lower lip. "We could watch a movie, dye my hair, and just pajama out tonight."

The audacity of this beautiful creature, you were in the midst of a psychological breakdown and he was asking for a makeover. Yet, the idea sounded inviting. Just forget about things for a few hours, maybe Jungkook would help distract you.

"Okay." With a deep exhale you agreed. What could it hurt? Spending the evening with Jungkook. If anyone deserved the benefit of the doubt it was him. He had never done anything to hurt or wrong you. Yes, he worked for R but, so did you. That didn't mean he deserved to be treated like a pest just because of his association with the gang.

"Really?!" Jungkook sparked to life, his body hanging on the edge of his seat. You offered him a soft nod in a confirmation which caused him to quickly bounce to his feet. "Taehyung has a box of black dye in his bathroom. It's been there for a while, I'm gonna go get it!"

Without waiting for a response he lunged across the room and raced for the door. You watched him move across the room, following his trail slowly. "I'll be right back." He cheered as he unlocked the door and stepped out, making sure to lock it right behind himself. He knew you had been keeping yourself locked away for the past week and a half and likely wanted to leave it that way. A respectful gesture, inwardly you were thankful. A soft smile crept onto your lips, the first one in almost two weeks. That boy, he was something else.

Sluggishly you drug yourself out of your queen size bed and let your feet grace the old hardwood floor. A chilled shiver danced up your spine. You looked at the bathroom with a heavy sigh. Every task felt daunting and your body weak from lack of activity.

A single lamp on one of your nightstands was the only light you allowed in the room, the shadows helped to forget that this room was your own personal prison. Though the rhythmic crackle of your false fireplace sounded inviting. You switched the lamp off, leaving the room in a blanket of black.

The dark felt like home. It hid you from sight and it covered your shame. You went from the girl who wanted to stand out - the woman who shined with confidence and radiated with the beauty that bewitched eyes. To a meek woman with a mountain of depression buried on top of you.

You grabbed the fireplace's wireless remote and turned the LED flames along with the mild heat that helped to warm your chilled room. You tossed the remote over your shoulder and let it flop somewhere on the bed. On your way into the bathroom, you hit the power button on your T.V causing the room to hum with blinding bright light that joined the light of the warm false fire.

Closing the bathroom door behind yourself you took a dreaded look into the mirror. Bags hung from your dull eyes, your once beautiful blue hair was muted and lackluster. Your skin was pale and sickly. No wonder Jungkook was worried. You were a shell of the vibrant woman he met nearly a year ago. To think a single might turned you into this.

A shower was a decent idea. You hadn't had the heart to remove your baggy clothes and face yourself in the mirror but you couldn't go on smelling of stale chips and fabric softener from your bed. Jungkook would be back soon.

Reluctantly you grabbed the hem of your shirt and began to pull it up. Your shirt acted like a curtain to a horror show. Ages bruises marked your once flawless skin. A mark decorated your left ribcage - R grabbed you too roughly as he tossed you on your stomach. Unclasping your bra your right breast was almost entirely purple. R had taken a hold of you like you belonged to him, just as he said.

You could feel your body start to tremble as you hook your thumbs in your sweat pants and drug them down slowly. Your hips were littered with bruises. A morph of sizes in colors, still vibrant compared to the other areas that were racing to heal. Your thighs mimicked the same animalistic print. Part of you wondered if they'd ever disappeared. You could still feel his burning touch against your skin.

Finally, you averted the mirror, unable to stand the sight of the beaten and bruised woman that stared back at you. You cranked the hot water, hoping it would wash away the feeling of him. You just hoped this feeling would pass, but it wouldn't. Not as long as you remained property to the devil himself.