3.13| The Timid Princess Xing Ruo

Warning! Gore and rape content ahead!

"Do you like her?" He asked.

"I-I don't know.." was the man's answer to his question. But Xing Hui knew what a lie that was.

Fu Lin did like her. Or maybe still does.

Of course, his caring actions so far to Xing Ruo could have been disguised as concern for a friend. But he would never forget the man's words when he was half-conscious due to his wound, laying on the guest bed in his residence.

8 months ago, the man had been injured, barely escaping with a single thread of his life. If that sword even pierced 1 cm less, the man would die. Xing Hui remembered how he had been gripped by so much fear that the image still haunted him till now. Yet the moment Fu Lin met her, his pale face was immediately filled with so much warmth and smiles, as if her presence alone could heal him from his own injuries.

"I like you." The man had similarly confessed to her just like he did now to the man.

He liked her.

He.

Liked.

Her.

So why did he lie to him?!

"No, I don't like her." He said.

Bullshit.

Lies, lies, lies.

Spurned with jealousy and hate towards a woman that never even existed, for once, Xing Hui did something out of the norm. Something he would have never done in his 18 years of life.

A love confession.

And there he was, confessing his deep and darkest secrets to the man in front of him even after knowing the fact that liking a man was shunned and deemed as disgusting in their society. His vile and obscene thoughts were easily exposed out of his lips, all for the man in front of him to judge.

"I like you, and I want to make you mine. So, what would you do about it, hm, Crown Prince Fu Lin?"

The moment those words escaped his lips, Xing Hui could already see what was about to come. He lowered his sight, avoiding the disgust and rejection that was about to surface in the man's eyes.

What Xing Hui didn't know was the moment he lowered his sight, Fu Lin showed a surprise expression devoid of any disgust. The man, instead, appeared relieved.

Fu Lin might be dense, but he's not stupid. After all the signs were laid bare in front of him, he's bound to be suspicious of Xing Hui's and Xing Ruo's extreme resemblance.

Fu Lin had bore witness to Xing Ruo's peculiar habits during his one week stay in her residence. And fortunately, during his brief encounter with Xing Hui, he had similarly watched his every move. Coincidentally, they both hated beans. They both would add exactly two and a half of sugar cubes into the bitter tea to suit their taste. When bored, they would often fold the crevices of their own robes into small triangles before dissembling them all over again. When nervous, they would clench and unclench their fists until their hands would go numb. When they were timid, they would lower their eyes to the ground to avoid any eye contact.

The Xing Hui in front of him, exactly did just that.

The young man that had just reached 18 years old five months ago and had grown even taller than him was now fixedly staring at the ground in silence, just like a big child that was about to receive his punishment. His hands that were placed at the side clenched and unclenched every five minutes, as if waiting nervously for his condemnation to come.