4.11| The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

At 9 a.m, both Zhi An and Chen Hua exited their small apartment with two bulging backpacks on their backs.

They walked towards the gate of the city, and along the way, Zhi An observed the civilians and ordinary people who gathered around them like moths to the flame.

As ordinary people didn't have the ability to hunt zombies or mutant beasts, naturally they wouldn't be able to get any points to exchange for nutritious meals. Most of these people have yellow skin, thin bodies that show their bones, and a pair of eyes full of numbness. But it seemed that every time a group of soldiers and user abilities passed by the gate, they would gather in groups to beg for food. Sometimes, if they're lucky, they would be able to obtain the core of a low ranked mutant beast that can provide them with one small piece of bread.

Zhi An saw a pregnant woman sitting on a street with a bulging belly. Her body was very thin that even her bones and organs slightly showed. Her clothes were blown empty by the wind, only remaining as a tattered piece of clothing that could barely provide her with any warmth. Yet her belly was bulging, in contrast to her emancipated figure, as if all of the nutrition in her body was used to support the life in her belly.

When Zhu Liwei led the whole group out of the gate, these civilians' eyes that watched them were full of envy and fear.

They were afraid of the dangers outside the Safe Zone, but they also envied these evolved people with superhuman abilities that were able to go hunting and live a better life.

"Hi! My name's Fang Liyuan."

A crisp voice rang out in Zhi An's ears, causing his attention to be diverted to the young lady who was barely 20 years old. Her hand was currently extended towards him, a shy yet cheerful smile was on her lips.

"Yes, nice to meet you. My name's Zhi An, and he's Chen Hua." He accepted her handshake and pointed to the man beside him who had been silent all morning.

Chen Hua nodded at Fang Liyuan perfunctorily.

"Nice to meet you both! Let's take care of one another today!"

"Yes." Zhi An smiled. He couldn't believe that such a bubbly young lady still existed 8 months into the apocalypse. The young man treated her like he would to a younger sister.

But Chen Hua saw more from her.

Behind her shy and cheerful facade, a pair of intelligent and cunning eyes stared back at them. She was observing them, from head to toe, from their gait to their speech, as if she was debating whether they're a pair of teammates to trust or not.

It was probably the trait she obtained after surviving in the apocalypse for 8 months— Chen Hua was once like that. Before he got reborn, he treated the whole world as his enemy. So he was extremely experienced with the emotions hiding behind the young lady's gaze.

After their initial greetings with the rest of the groups, 4 vehicles set off for Qingyang District.

Qingyang District was one of the 11 urban districts of the prefecture level city of ChengDu, which was the capital of Sichuan Province. It was located south of Wuhou District and only took 30 minutes by car to arrive.

As they advanced into the district, the changed scenery of the city was captured by the whole team.

The streets and alleys were still the same, but the absence of human presence brought immeasurable chill and strangeness into their hearts.

The entrances of the shops on both sides of the roads were a mess— the doors were left hung open, and the cabinets and furniture inside were turned over in disarray. It was not difficult to think that they had been ransacked countless times during this period.