3.4| The Timid Princess Xing Ruo

A hundred kilometers away from the battlefield, in the capital city of Xing Dynasty.

Three distinguished ladies were sitting surrounding a round table inside a grand pavilion. The lady sitting on the right was the only daughter of the regent of the state of Xing, named Lin Yi. The lady sitting in the center was the the third Imperial Princess that was born from Emperor's favorite Consort Pan, and also held the identity of Grand Princess (1), Princess Xiu Lan. The last person sitting on the left was the world's dearest female lead and also held the identity of the fourth Imperial Princess born from the Imperial Concubine, Princess Yao Lei.

"Have you seen the latest news?" Lin Yi started the conversation.

"Which one do you mean? There's one where a prime minister was caught smuggling by my Emperor father and was executed at the spot? Or was it the fact that a commoner had recently risen up and was bestowed a general rank?" Princess Xiu Lan asked.

"Yes, the last one! But do you believe that there's another news that sent uproar across the continent?"

"There's something more interesting than the news about General Shao Liang?" It was Princess Yao Lei's turn to ask. The female lead was now intrigued on the topic of conversation when the man she adored was mentioned.

"Not something. Someone."

Everyone in Xing Dynasty knew about the recent yet rapid rise in General Shao Liang's rank. Starting from his previous identity of a poor commoner who entered the military only to obtain free rations, and then steadily rose up in ranks through his hard work and enchanting talent, and finally became a general after three years!

Every commoner viewed him as a figure that they strived to become, their dreams and desires were ignited once again.

So when Lin Yi mentioned a man whose accomplishments exceeded General Shao Liang's, there was a mixture of doubt and intrigue in their tone.

"Yes! He's basically the perfect man that everyone was talking about nowadays!" Lin Yi squealed in excitement. "He's so handsome and dreamy~"

"Are you sure?" Princess Yao Lei asked in doubt. "I don't think anyone can surpass General Shao Liang's accomplishments..."

"If you want proof, I have it!" Lin Yi exclaimed, her lips curving into a proud smile.

"Quick! Show me his picture!" Princess Xiu Lan hurried.

"Your highness, don't even mention his picture, I have his video!" As Lin Yi said so, she pulled out a video recorder and the screen lit up.

The two ladies watched in fervor, not hiding their excitement and amazement. However, the female lead at the side remained cold, only the slight tilt of her head to see the video showed her curiosity of the man in topic.

"Wait, he's young! I thought you're talking about an old man!"

"Of course not! Are you insulting my taste?!"

"Okay, okay. Let's just watch."

The three ladies returned their sight onto the screen.

"Wow damn! That's a fine specimen right there!"

"Oh my god! He's so powerful!"

"I don't understand the things he was speaking of, but he looks so damn hot while he's talking!"

Compliments easily spilled out of the ladies' mouths. Even Princess Yao Lei showed a hint of amazement when she watched the video. Her mind started comparing her idol, General Shao Liang, and the man in the video. She could only admit that although they were about the same age, they were miles apart— whether it was in terms of battle prowess, or the aura that they were radiating.