4.2| The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

I logged into Wattpad today to find out my book reached 300K readers. 😳 Wow thank you so much guys! I couldn't have gotten this far without your support! I appreciate you all! 🥺❤️

Anyway, here's the chapter that you've all been waiting for~

+++

Chen Hua felt that he just had the shortest sleep ever. It was only a second ago that he shot himself in the head. He could still feel the pain like no other as the bullet took his life away.

But what's this..?

Chen Hua's narrowed gaze scanned across the room, his eyes were full of suspicions and alertness of any sudden danger. This was the habit he picked up during the apocalypse— watching everything around him with wariness and distrust. It was what kept him alive during those five years, and ironically, it was also the reason why he died.

A female figure suddenly flashed past his mind.

"Tch." A sour taste filled his lips as his mind brought back memories of the past. "Fucking hell. You're pathetic, Chen Hua."

He cursed at himself.

Sighing one last time, the man placed his gaze back onto his body, checking the injuries that should have been there.

What happened to me anyway? Am I dead, or alive?

Chen Hua slowly rose up from his bed, the black quilt that covered his shirtless body slid down easily, revealing a perfectly sculpted body with eight abdominal muscles and a sharp mermaid line that peeked under his boxers.

Is someone playing a joke on me or is this a dream?

The man's towering body grew apparent as he stood up. His 1.86 meter height had heightened to 1.92 meter due to the zombie mutation he experienced. His lean muscles had also turned firmer and bulkier, providing him the new strength and power that he didn't know existed.

Why does this feel familiar?

Chen Hua examined himself in the cracked mirror. He could barely discern his unusually young appearance.

I'm younger?

And there's no scar that was supposed to run on the side of my face.

This is extremely weird.

It's as if I had gone back to five years ago, on the day I first became the Zombie King.

Chen Hua paused as a revelation dawned upon him. His pupils shook.

..Wait... What?

The man hurriedly rummaged through his trousers, picking up his cellphone that barely had any battery left.

And he saw..

2021 May 5th!!!

Tak!

The cell phone fell onto the floor.

Chen Hua went limp, his body kneeling on the cold ground. His body gasping at the impossible occurrence.

I went back to the past?

How is that possible?

"Pft hahaha..."

Suddenly, the man who had been gripped with shock began laughing quietly, then louder and louder until tears streamed down his face endlessly.

Then he cried, eyes brimming with hot tears that streamed down his face like a waterfall. Not a second later, he howled. His crying sounds were full of pain and ache, as if to wash away those years of grievances, suffering, horror and fear.