1.6| The Apathetic Young Master Li

Inside a black shiny Bentley, Li Mu was sitting on the backseat with his legs crossed and his lips pursed. Impatience were plastered on his face. His fingers drummed on his folded knees.

The driver in front couldn't help but raise the wall partition to protect himself from President Li's freezing aura.

Should I? Or shouldn't I? Li Mu mused in his mind.

During the meeting this afternoon, before Li Mu hung up the accidental phone call from Butler Mo, his butler leave him a message to buy cat food before he goes back home in the evening.

Li Mu felt that the moment he bought the cat food, he would be acknowledging the presence of the little kitten in his life from today onwards.

The thought scared him.

Would it continue to stay with him? Won't it leave him in the end? Wasn't it scared of him?

He experienced childhood like any other people, yet at the same time his childhood wasn't that pretty and colourful like other people's.

One of those disheartening memories involved animals. As a kid born with cold countenance, he wasn't that different either in how he treated humans and animals alike, but his heart did soften when he met furry cute animals. But all of them seemed to label him as 'a dangerous human' that must be avoided at all costs. One of them bit his fingers when he tried to touch or pick them up, another one will bark at him until he was cornered. It was simply an unpleasant memory.

Li Mu thought that his kitten was too young to comprehend that the human he curried favor to was a 'dangerous' person that its kind avoided most. Maybe when it grew older, it will understand the perilous situation it's in and run away.

Li Mu's eyes darkened without a single hint of joy as his thoughts started to wander.

"Stop by the pet store before going back home." His cold voice ordered his driver.

"Yes, Sir."

~

Zi Gang was laying on his chest on the front porch of the Li Mansion. His eyes were closed yet his consciousness were still alarmingly awake.

He has been playing around the house all day long to lessen his boredom. The servants even willingly indulged him with his antics. Tired and spent, Zi Gang laid down as he waited for the male lead's arrival.

A black Limousine entered the area and stopped right on the driveway. Zi Gang's ears twitched due to the sensitive sounds.

When the engine of the car was turned off, Zi Gang's eyes opened to reveal the enchanting blue eyes behind his eyelids. Watching the male lead stepped down from the car and approaching the doorstep with his regal bearing, made Zi Gang released a satisfied purr.

Li Mu bent down to scratch the kitten's head before stepping into the house.

"Young Master, welcome home!" Butler Mo and Sun Zhao accompanied by several other maids bowed down to greet their master's arrival.

"En." Li Mu acquiesced.

Butler Mo then stepped forward to take off the Young master's jacket. "We have prepared dinner for you. The bath is also ready for use."

"En. I'll have dinner in 30 minutes." Li Mu said as he walked away with the kitten following in his steps.

Butler Mo immediately dispersed the maids to their respective jobs.

30 minutes later, both Li Mu and Zi Gang were already seated in front of the dining table, where several plates of delicious aromatic food were laid.

Zi Gang, who was sitting on top of the table across Li Mu watched as the man poured out the recently bought cat food onto his plate with black lines on his forehead.

Even though my shell is that of a kitten, I still have a palatable human tongue!

Li Mu pushed the plate in front of the kitten, "Eat."

"Meow!" Zi Gang rejected, pushing the plate away with his small soft paws.

Butler Mo who was watching at the side of the room started to sweat: Baby, don't infuriate the young master, ah. Didn't you know that the young master was the scariest when he's angry?

But unexpectedly Li Mu didn't lash out in anger like Butler Mo expected, he softly said, "You have to eat to grow, Baby."

Zi Gang stood up to circle around a plate of fish nearby, his big pair of eyes blinked towards Li Mu, his intention was clear. "Meow~"

Butler Mo immediately spoke up, "Young Master, the kitten is still young, I'm afraid that he won't be able to digest the food properly."

"Meow!" I'm not young! This old grandpa is already a thousand years old, ah!

"Calm down." Li Mu stroked the kitten's back in hope to appease its anger. "I'll give it to you if you promise me one thing."

"Meow?" What is it? I'll give you anything!

"Don't ever leave my side." Li Mu smiled as he continued to gently stroke the kitten. His eyes turned deeper, hiding the dark emotion that was about to leak out.

Zi Gang who didn't notice the abnormality, immediately showed his answer by his actions.

The kitten's small body pounced on Li Mu as he clung to Li Mu's collar before licking the man's face continuously. It rubbed its face against Li Mu, and its tail unconsciously curled around the man's muscled arm.

Well, even if you didn't say that, I planned to stick to you until I finish my mission.

Ding! [Progress bar: 28%. Continue to work hard]

True enough, the progress bar increased. Zi Gang smiled, pleased by the man in front of him.

Li Mu's dangerous emotion dispersed instantly. His whole face brightened up as he looked at the kitten in his arms, he softly said, "You better not take that back."

"Meow!" Sure. Sure.

Zi Gang licked the man's face once again to express his satisfaction. Well whatever! I'm happy nonetheless.

+++

Another weekly dose of kitten gifs: