1.7| The Apathetic Young Master Li

Merry Christmas folks!!! 🎄 Today I will be posting an extra chapter as a Christmas gift for you ❤️

Enjoy~

+++

In the Li Household, a chaotic scene were currently playing in the dining room. The sound of glass shattering against the wall resonated across the room.

An elderly woman of 60 years of age, who was sitting on a wheelchair, shoved all the ceramic plates onto the floor as food spattered onto the white marbled floor. Though she was far advanced in the years of her life, her figure and her petite face couldn't hide her beautiful and graceful bearing that she always had, making her look like a 30 years old woman. Sadly, her constitution couldn't beat the passage of time as her slender pair of legs had long gave up years ago, remaining as a pair of useless limbs.

At this time, her mask has already been thrown outside the window, revealing her rotten and shrewd behavior inside. Her fingers were folded into a fist and her long nails dug deep into her palm as drops of blood fell onto the ground.

"How dare..! How dare that bastard treat me this way!" Duan Ping screeched. Her face flushed a crimson red as rage flowed through her like a lava. "I'll kill that bastard! I'll kill him!"

The group of maids that were standing on the side of the room could only watched in trepidation, their body shook in fear, afraid that their madam will use them to vent her anger as she always had.

"Aunt Li, please cease your anger lest it harms your health." A soothing voice was heard as a young lady entered the dining room, her beautiful face tinged with undisguised worry.

Duan Ping's anger deflated like a balloon once she saw the pearl in her eyes. "Bai Ning, my dear child, you've arrived. I've heard what happened to you and I could only say sorry to you. Because of this child of mine, you suffered mistreatment today." She said gently as if her outbursts never happened before.

Bai Ning looked at her future mother-in-law with tears on the rimmed of her eyes. She bent down her body as Duan Ping pulled her into her embrace, patting her back while she cried her grievances out.

"Aunty... Bai Ning has loved Li Mu gege since I first met him years ago.. yet why did Li Mu gege treats me this way? I only want the best for him."

"Poor child. How did you come to love this insensible child of mine? You deserve much better than him." If only my Zi Cheng was the heir of the Li Enterprise, then he can marry you.

"Li Mu gege probably won't remember this, but he once protected me from a group of bullies. I've loved him since then."

Duan Ping listened in silence, her smile hanging on her lips, yet her eyes slightly revealed her malicious intentions. "Do you still want to marry my son even if he treated you this way?"

Bai Ning's eyes sparkled at the question, "Yes! I believe that once we married, he will become true to his own feelings and love me back with all his heart."

"Very good." Duan Ping's smile turned sinister,

"Now you listen to me..."

~

On the other side of the city, in the Li Mansion. A heartwarming scene was currently playing inside Li Mu's bedroom.

The tall and robust man was sitting on the edge of his bed. His cold indifferent eyes revealed a hint of a smile as he stared at the small one before him. His right hand which was holding a feather stick flayed about in the air, moving from side to side.

A grey furry kitten in front of him responded by jumping around as his small paws tried to reach for the toy. Its eyes glimmered in intensity.

"Baby, your body is so small. From now on, you should eat more okay?"

With the kitten's focus taken by the toy, it continued to jump, not responding to the man's statement. Unexpectedly its hind leg tripped over its front leg, and it stumbled onto the ground with a soft thud.

"Meow..!"

Li Mu caught the kitten with his hands, his gaze roamed around the small body as he tried to find any forming bruises. Sighing in relief when he didn't find any, he said gently, "Look, you couldn't even walk properly. Your legs are too weak, Baby."

"Meow!" I'm not weak! I just haven't adapted to this new body!

"Why are you glaring at me, huh? I promise you that I'll give you fish instead of cat food, okay?"

"Meow~" Good! You better keep your words!

"Grow bigger and healthier so that we can stay together forever okay?" Li Mu kissed the kitten's nose with a smile.

Zi Gang who was caught off guard immediately stiffened in Li Mu's arms. Fuck! He just kissed me!

Li Mu laughed when he saw the kitten's reaction.
"What's this? You kissed me twice already. Can't I kiss you once?"

Zi Gang scowled, "Meow!" It's different! A cat licking its master doesn't count as kissing!

Li Mu smiled as he stared at his Baby, "You already took my first kiss. So take responsibility okay? I'll also give you more kisses from now on to get you used to it."

Zi Gang stared at the human before him with disbelief, Emotionless robot my foot! Look at what he's doing! He's smiling and laughing every time he teases me!

One thing Zi Gang noticed after he positively replied to Li Mu's question during dinner is that the man has gotten extremely sticky to him.

After dinner, the man directly carried his small body into his study room and place him onto the large table, said, "Don't get out of my sight." Before working on the thick stack of documents.

The series of action looks so comical to Zi Gang that he didn't take the order seriously. He obviously didn't want to die of boredom for not doing anything— just who knows how many hours that man is going to spend on his documents. So he jumped down from the table when the man wasn't looking and walked off to wherever his four short feet took him.

Not even 10 minutes later, he could hear a series of footsteps running around mansion. An angry voice was heard and muffled apologies came after.

Curious as to what it is, Zi Gang went out of the room to be met with a furious yet worried pair of black eyes.

Zi Gang was then faced with a humiliation that he wanted to forget— he was spanked on his butt by his male lead as a punishment.

It's only 28% completion yet he worried about me this much.... just what will this man do once the progress bar reach 100%? Zi Gang shivered in apprehension.