4.10| The Vicious Zombie King Chen Hua

It was the next morning at 7:30 a.m that Zhi An and Chen Hua woke up. They were told last night to gather at the Main Hall of the Guild by 8 p.m.

As Chen Hua exited from his room, he met face to face with Zhi An who had similarly woken up at the same time. His mind brought back the scene from last night, Zhi An's figure and the man's figure in his dreams coincidentally overlapped. His gaze on him turned slightly weird.

"Good morning." Zhi An greeted him, his eyes widened when he saw the thick eye bags underneath Chen Hua's eyes. "Did you not sleep last night?"

"No.. I did. But I had a long nightmare last night."

"Oh.. what's it about?"

"I don't remember. I just feel like I'm searching for someone for a long time."

Zhi An nodded, and smiled, "It's fine. Dreams stay as dreams. Just drink some coffee later, I'm sure you'll be energize in no time."

"En. Let's go straight to the Main Hall."

They exited the small apartment together, walking side by side while conversing.

The sun had risen to its highest point in the southern sky. Because it was still early in the morning, the sun's heat wasn't as intense, and a chilly breeze would periodically blow some leaves away.

It was only 10 minutes later that they arrived. The two men took in the entire view of the building as they entered the Main Hall.

Following the apocalypse, the guild was formed by the government to protect the humans, and their main task was to dispatch a rescue team to rescue those who had become stranded. It wasn't until the appearance of user abilities among humans that their purpose was slightly altered. They still sent out rescue teams to help people, but their job also included eradicating zombies and reducing their population. Those who volunteered will be paid according to the number of zombies they hunted and the rank of the zombies. The more they hunted the higher rank zombies, the more money they will receive.

When Zhi An and Chen Hua arrived, the main hall was already packed with more than 20 people. Yuan Jun and his group were among those they recognized, but the rest were unfamiliar.

Unknowingly, both of their gazes were directed to one side of the room, where the two main protagonists were currently communicating with a young man. Zhu Liwei was wearing his military uniform, appearing extremely succinct and steady, unlike the arrogant messy appearance he displayed yesterday. Chen Ling, the woman who stood quietly behind him, was wearing a simple outfit: a grey T-shirt and a pair of waterproof pants that reached her heels. Underneath her pants, she wore waterproof hiking boots. They appeared extremely out of place in this hall which was packed with ragged unkempt men who were oozing with sweat and bad body odour.

It wasn't entirely their fault though. After all, water and food was hard to come by in the apocalypse. Most clean water that could be found in lakes was already tainted, and drinkable water was even harder to find. Even if they were available, they were sold at an astronomical price that one couldn't even imagine. Life was extremely poor for the majority of disabled people and women and children. They had to get by by prostituting their own body to even receive a glass of water. While others completely lost hope, and were waiting for the day they died. On the other hand, soldiers and mercenaries had a slightly better life as they could afford these necessities after they hunted the zombies. But even so, most of their lives were spent providing food for their incapable family members, and their lives weren't entirely bright. Government officials (or those who had a high standing in the social world), and User Abilities were those whose life was without worries. They had everything catered to them as they were extremely valuable to the government. They received a service far better than anyone else in the world, and due to this, some of the childrens' dreams nowadays was to become a user ability.