2.2| The Immature Delinquent Qi Cheng

Qi Cheng opened the door expecting an empty room. But the unfamiliar presence of a man in white coat made him freeze in his place.

The new doctor?

The man wore black shirt underneath his white coat, with similarly black pants that highlighted his defined long legs. His lean body sat up straight behind the desk, and silver rimmed glasses perched on the bridge of his nose, making him appear especially intellective. His black hair was scattered due to the opened window behind him, appearing soft as it was bathed in a hazy light.

The man broke their eye contact first, he closed the book that he was reading and stood up from his seat. His unusually cold green eyes calmly looked over him, roaming across his body from head to toe.

"Injured?" The man's cool voice sounded in his ears.

Unknown to the reason why, Qi Cheng felt a small tickle in his heart, just like a small kitten scratching him mischievously.

"En." He impassively received the man's gaze, nodding slightly as he went into the room, his hand sliding the door close behind him.

"Where's Doctor Jing?" Qi Cheng asked.

Doctor Jing was the previous doctor who talked and gossiped way too much for his own good. He has been working as the university doctor for 30 years of his life, god knows why he worked for the university for that long. Qi Cheng often stumbled upon him everytime he entered the infirmary, the old man would always bother him incessantly with his preaching talk.

"He resigned a week ago," The man indifferently said, then he ordered, "Take a seat on the bed. I'll patch you up."

Qi Cheng followed the doctor's instructions, sitting on the side of the bed while his legs touched the ground. His right hand still pressing on the wound on his left arm. His eyes watched the man's actions, following his figure across the room as the man searched for a first aid kit.

After finding the first aid kit, Su Yun finally pulled a nearby chair forward, placing it in between both of Qi Cheng's legs before sitting on it.

Qi Cheng's gaze darkened slightly.

"Let me see the wound." The man's cool voice broke him out of his thoughts.

Putting down his right hand, Qi Cheng revealed the deep laceration underneath it, the bleeding was rapid and extensive. Normal people would have already cried out from pain. Yet the two men sitting across each other looked at the garish wound with neutral expressions— one was watching the other's expression intently, his attention diverted away, and another kept his usual indifferent facade as he began tending to the wounds.

"Hold still."

The young doctor leaned his body forward, a slight milky scent coming from the man's body wafted over to Qi Cheng, causing him to wrinkle his nose.

The young doctor held Qi Cheng's wounded arm with one hand. His cold fingertips made contact with Qi Cheng's skin, causing the young man's body to stiffen slightly.

Oblivious to the other's small actions and thoughts, Su Yun started his treatment. He washed and disinfected the wound on Qi Cheng's arm to remove all dirt and debris that stuck onto the skin. Right after, he used direct pressure to control the bleeding and swelling before wrapping the wounds with a sterile bandage carefully, completing his treatment.

Throughout the treatment, there never once where Qi Cheng frown or wince from the pain, keeping his calm and emotionless facade all along. Su Yun was impressed with his toughness.

"The treatment is done. You should keep the wounds clean and dry for five days. Don't forget to get plenty of rest." The young doctor advised as he packed up the first aid kit.